LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not 40 applicants,  there are about 23-24 at this time.  This information comes from someone that will be partly responsible for hiring the new AD.  As of Sunday Jan. 11 there were about 23-24.  Still more than anyone expected.  They also said that they know they have to hire a good coach this time around.

Big Switch

You were wrong when you said just two.  Your are wrong when you say just 23 as of today. It was 33 at the end of last week.  And you are wrong that this is more than we expected.  We thought we should have about 50 and we very well may.

Good luck with the big switch.    

There is not 40 applicants,  there are about 23-24 at this time.  This information comes from someone that will be partly responsible for hiring the new AD.  As of Sunday Jan. 11 there were about 23-24.  Still more than anyone expected.  They also said that they know they have to hire a good coach this time around.

They will!

I like your attitude.

Big Switch

You were wrong when you said just two.  Your are wrong when you say just 23 as of today. It was 33 at the end of last week.  And you are wrong that this is more than we expected.  We thought we should have about 50 and we very well may.

Good luck with the big switch.    

8) 8) 8)

bearbooster,

Not arguing right or wrong, I was just stating what a coach told me when I said 2, and Sunday I talked to a schoolboard member and they told me 23-24.  I thought they would know what they were talking about, guess I was wrong. 

Thanks, the switch is going great, I hope to learn alot from their coaching staff.

Doubt the list will be in the paper Monday, but stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubt very seriously if a list will be put out for public knowledge, but it has grown to approximately 40.  There is still speculation that there are some applicants waiting until the last minute to throw their names in the hat as well.  Hopefully the list is packed with quality.

The "approximately 40" (38) is accurate information.

Jeff Harrell's name has been tossed around, but I'm not sure if he's actually applied or not.  I certain hope he has!  The experience and knowledge that he's gained in working on Barry Norton's Texas High staff has to add to Jeff's appeal as a top candidate. 

If Harrell doesn't come then Long, Mackey or Crouch would be good choices.

All of the these guys have good qualities and backgrounds, but it sounds like there are many more applicants out there to choose from as well.  It doesn't look like this is a decision that will be made hastily and without a lot of scrutiny.  All outward appearances show that the hiring process steps that LCM has laid out have things moving in the right direction.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder