LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

Just trying to put in perspective Roughrider.  I got a bone in this fight.  I want my Bears to become competive again.  I want those kids to gear up and come ready to give 200% Friday night instead of feeling like they are just going to get killed before they hit the field.  We got a AD with a "quality" background as Bellison said.  Don't knock those JR. high coaches -- some of their games were way better than our Friday night games!!!

This is rediculous.  You can't compare a jr. high game to a varsity game.  They probably had more fundamentals than the varsity, I'll give you that.  But that is what a middle school coach does.  Teach fundamentals, get a large number of kids out and make them have fun.  Once you get to the varsity level, it is different. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SETXASFAN - I was talking about the competiveness, coaches attitude and the whole thing in general.  People didn't leave at the begininng of 3rd quarter.  Those kids wanted to play.  Their coaches wanted to be there.  The fans were into the game.  That should be happening on Friday night. Kids fired up to be a Bear.  Coaches fired up to be out there coaching in 20-4A football. 

Don't compare the coaching staff to the head coach.  I am well aware of his attitude, but I also know the attitudes and work ethics of some of the other varsity coaches.  There are some of them did have the attitude of the head coach because they were "his boys".  There are at least 3 of the 6 varsity assistants who were excited about football and wanted to help the kids succeed.  I know some of their opinions were squashed by the boss because it was not his idea.  Those guys are quality men and coaches.  I sincerely hope they stay and get a chance to keep working with the kids because they have gotten to know them and respect them.  You never saw 2 of these guys because they were in the pressbox during games.  If you were in earshot of the box, you would have witnessed their feelings on every snap. 

Good grief.....no sense getting upset.....If caring about the kids and wanting to be there was all you needed to be successful, go down to the pop warner league.  You can find the same thing I am sure.  There will be people apply that have that have those qualities and the background to run a football program and an athletic program. 

I guess MMS Panther fan doesn't believe me about Moody's background.  Ever hear of Euless Trinity, Ed Hickman, Tam Hollingshead, Temple.....all are synonymous with Texas football.  Again, he just wasn't a fit for LC-M and that is OK.......get over it and move on and let the next guy come in and do what needs to be done to create a winner.  And just so you know, it may include coming in a cleaning house in the football program.  That is the way it is in most places so just get ready for that to hoppen.

Good grief.....no sense getting upset.....If caring about the kids and wanting to be there was all you needed to be successful, go down to the pop warner league.  You can find the same thing I am sure.  There will be people apply that have that have those qualities and the background to run a football program and an athletic program. 

I guess MMS Panther fan doesn't believe me about Moody's background.  Ever hear of Euless Trinity, Ed Hickman, Tam Hollingshead, Temple.....all are synonymous with Texas football.  Again, he just wasn't a fit for LC-M and that is OK.......get over it and move on and let the next guy come in and do what needs to be done to create a winner.  And just so you know, it may include coming in a cleaning house in the football program.  That is the way it is in most places so just get ready for that to hoppen.

I think that therin lies the problem...what is a good fit?  I know Coach Bolton, and he was no slacker.  I don't have the pleasure of knowing coach Burke, but, if he has the support of the team and the community...why not?  We had quality coaching experience in Todd Moody, and we ended up where?  Also, where does a coach get that experience as a HC/varsity guy, if not for getting a shot at it.  People don't just become HC, they have to coach somewhere first.  Has he assisted the varsity or JV at some point?  Becaause he coaches at the middle school level does not mean he is a poor coach...it just means that is where he was assigned.  Right now, maybe fundamentals is what we need in the program...flash ain't helpin'...    

He may be a great guy and a great coach......but if his only experience is Jr. High, he ain't even close to ready to be a varsity head football coach and definitely not ready for the AD hat......that is not just him, that is any young coach that only has Jr. hi experience.....Hire who you want but just remember all these posts when you are ready to run off the next guy.......Which is a point not dwelled upon.  LC-M ran off the only coach that had long term success and deep playoff runs......wow, maybe you should just go the intramural route......lol

This is the last thing that I will say about this and be done.  When you bring in a new guy, you are making him a representative of the community.  If you bring in a former head coach or coordinator that has been successful, you are telling the community that you are putting the most qualified person in charge and are attempting to be competitive.  If you bring in a career middle school coach, what message does that send?  Middle school philosophy is teach fundamentals, have fun, and everybody plays.  Does LCM want to be ran like little league or like a respectable high school program?  I know full well what goes on in the coaching business and what happens when a new guy comes in.  Hiring a guy with absolutely no varsity experience would be the biggest mistake LCM could possibly make.  At least Coach Moody had varsity experience, coordinator experience, and was successful.  I understand that the community wants the direct opposite of him, and you would definately get that with the MMS coach.

SETXASFAN --

That is crazy!! Moody wasn't sucessful in the head coaching position.  I know Eulis Trinity and their accomplishments.  It was thier head coach - not Moody.  He was there -- but from seeing what I saw -- it wasn't becasue of him. Enough on that -- he is gone.

I sat very close to the press box dear friend.  Closer than you think....:)  I know what coaches cared and which ones didn't.  I remember playing Vidor this year -- had a player for us go down -- Pachuca and Matthews were on the field with the Bear player down -- looking at our coaches.  I am sorry -- I know it was miserable this year but come on...... I do not mean all coaches shared TM's attitude.  But stand up for yourself and the kids. I am all for cleaning house -- think we need it.  I would like to see someone come in, turn it around and if the chips are in -- don't throw in the towel.  Keep trucking along and dig down deep --  Whoever comes in -- needs to bring back BEAR PRIDE.  Be proud to be a Bear!!!!

He may be a great guy and a great coach......but if his only experience is Jr. High, he ain't even close to ready to be a varsity head football coach and definitely not ready for the AD hat......that is not just him, that is any young coach that only has Jr. hi experience.....Hire who you want but just remember all these posts when you are ready to run off the next guy.......Which is a point not dwelled upon.  LC-M ran off the only coach that had long term success and deep playoff runs......wow, maybe you should just go the intramural route......lol

Your right!

one more time LC-M needs a person that has been a proven leader.he needs to be hard nosed and take no bull off of no one.he needs to know his kids inside and out. he needs to watch his coaching staff and be sure thay keep there hands out of there pockets at practice and at the games ,watch his coaching staff close close and not be afride to get in there face HARD NOSE.once the kids see what kind of leader he is then you will see a BIG change at lc-m. PS this is the part that kills me,a coach sees a kid keep missing his blocks and says nothen to him he just gets a pat on the back and a  water bottle. back in my days at lutcher stark hight  school saturdays were for ALL of us th watch the filmes like it are not. if not we were sent home to mom AND DAD AND were to to clean out our lockers HARD NOSE COACH.this is what you should be looking for my ftiends and then it will come togater sorry about the spelling

They better hire someone with head coaching experience from at least a 3A level or have good 4A / 5A coordinator experience......that is what it is going to take......

So a Curtis Barbay or the head coaches of any of the successful 1A-2A's don't have what it takes?  LOL  Football is football.  Running a smaller school is just like running a larger school.  In the smaller schools you don't have as many assistants, you don't usually have an athletic department secretary, etc...  Don't count out guys that have been AD's at the smaller school level.  Most are there because they like it, or have ties to that particular school.  Lots of great football at the smaller school levels.  Mart, Alto, Newton, Anahuac, Evadale, West Sabine, Buna, Joaquin, and many more have successful, football-sound, head coaches. 

I think all yall should run for a position for school board since yall all know what LC-M needs  heck better yet since yall no so much about x's and o's and who should get the job and who should not yall should apply for the job. 

It don't matter if you come from Middle school, Junior high or 1a,2a a coach is a coach what he needs is a good staff,look at WOS are they were they are without their staff.

I really don't care who you hire if he doesn't have a good staff your program want go anywhere.

I played in Vidor in the 90's we sucked got rid of our AD/HC but kept some of his staff. He went on to be the OC at John Tyler and won the 5A state championship. Now was it because of him no, it was  because of a good staff.

Now let's look at Vidor since the 90's are they winning state championship no. So was he the problem no.

YOU NEED A GOOD STAFF ALONG WITH A GOOD COACH IF YOU WANT TO WIN...BTW YOU ALSO NEED $$$$$......

you guys at lc-m are loaded with jrs and sr the next couple of years.this should open the eyes of a couple of coaches around dont you think. a good head coach could turn the program  around very fast that is if you can find a good one,maybe like coach  LONG i feel sure he just might look into what you guys have to offer, maybe you can out bid pn-g on this one.

My name is Larry Brister,I will say what I have to say using my real name.I've coached with Coach Burke for 3 years, he is an excellent coach and man. He has a great feel and mind for the game,and he knows how to get the kids to play at another level. Everyone has a right to their opinion, bellison is also a coach I respect and knows the game and a good friend. He gave his opinion and used his real name I respect that. The fact is 95% of posters here if they were put on a board couldn't draw up a 50, 46, split, couldn't tell a secondary coverage or if that coverage had a robber. Is that DT in a 3,2 or1 tech,is that end a 9, 6, or 7, did the OL trap or combo, you get the idea. But it amazes me how many know exactly what LCM needs or feels they should be a part of hiring him. I took some classes that relate to law in high school and I watch alot of Judge Judy on TV, but I would never go to Tommy Gunn's or Jim Bearden's office and tell them who they should or shouldn't hire. But I guess it just gets to me when a good coach gets dogged just for applying for a job. If you think he shouldn't be hired , that's your right, but when you attack a man's ability that you don't know , at least be man and use your real name.

My name is Larry Brister,I will say what I have to say using my real name.I've coached with Coach Burke for 3 years, he is an excellent coach and man. He has a great feel and mind for the game,and he knows how to get the kids to play at another level. Everyone has a right to their opinion, bellison is also a coach I respect and knows the game and a good friend. He gave his opinion and used his real name I respect that. The fact is 95% of posters here if they were put on a board couldn't draw up a 50, 46, split, couldn't tell a secondary coverage or if that coverage had a robber. Is that DT in a 3,2 or1 tech,is that end a 9, 6, or 7, did the OL trap or combo, you get the idea. But it amazes me how many know exactly what LCM needs or feels they should be a part of hiring him. I took some classes that relate to law in high school and I watch alot of Judge Judy on TV, but I would never go to Tommy Gunn's or Jim Bearden's office and tell them who they should or shouldn't hire. But I guess it just gets to me when a good coach gets dogged just for applying for a job. If you think he shouldn't be hired , that's your right, but when you attack a man's ability that you don't know , at least be man and use your real name.

Greatest post on this entire BOARD!!!!!!!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder