LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCM just a little greedy. They compete and win in almost all sports, it's not a disgrace to have a few down years in one sport. 

It's not just LC-M...heck, they make movies about this stuff...

As an example, UTEP, which is not known for it's football prowess, has a coach who took them to 2 bowl games in his first 2 seasons....he posted a 5-6 mark this year, and the Miner faithful are calling for his head.  Before his tenure a 1-10 mark at UTEP would have been a "winning" season.

The problem with the last NC at LC-M is that, not only did he have unsuccessful seasons, at the same time he alienated many in other sports.  I think he would have had more support for another year as a HC IF he had been a better AD.  Is this politics?  Yep...it's part of the AD's job...if that hurts your feelings, sorry. 

If a HC wants to act like a king as a HC, and blow off his AD duties, then he dang well better have a record like, oh, I don't know...Dan Hooks.  Until then, he would be wise to remember that other sport parents and participants buy tickets and support HIS program as HC...and it would be wise to support them as well...

That is exactly correct......I was talking to Coop the other day and my comment was "Too many chiefs and not enough indians."  Too many people think they have a say so in what happens in the overall program at LC-M.  When the only ones that have a direct say so are the parents, about their student.  No more and no less.  I know the argument, "I pay taxes so I should have a say so."  You do in the democratic process of voting for board members.  No Joe Blow off the street should have one iota of a notion to walk into the Supt. office or the principal office and get to tell them what they think.  However, that tends to be the norm.  If I am wrong, I appologize but I think I am not.  There are good people in the district.

That is exactly correct......I was talking to Coop the other day and my comment was "Too many chiefs and not enough indians."  Too many people think they have a say so in what happens in the overall program at LC-M.  When the only ones that have a direct say so are the parents, about their student.  No more and no less.  I know the argument, "I pay taxes so I should have a say so."  You do in the democratic process of voting for board members.  No Joe Blow off the street should have one iota of a notion to walk into the Supt. office or the principal office and get to tell them what they think.  However, that tends to be the norm.  If I am wrong, I appologize but I think I am not.  There are good people in the district.

You're right...a parent should have a say with respect to their student...which is why some folks have written about what they want in an AD.  Not all the parents at LCM have football players as kids.  In that sense, we are making our desires known, not necessarily our demands.  It does get our back up when we are told that only the football stuff should matter.  We acknowledge the importance of football, but not to the exclusion of everything else.

Completely agree elhector.......any parent that has a student involved in the athletic program there should voice what they want in an AD.  I sure am not discarding that.  It is the people without a dog in the fight that have zero say so as to anything that goes on in the ISD.  I was the other sports guy in high school and other sport is how I went to college.  I am a football guy now but have been on that other side and know what a good and bad AD looks / acts like........

lc-m dont drag your feet on getting a new coach and asst.its going to take time for a new head coach to get his program going and get his staff ready dont let the guys at pn-g get the good one HURRY UP you owe it to the kids

It's still WAY more important to find the "right guy" for LCM than it is to hurry up and fill the opening.  By your statement of "get the good one" I take it that you already have someone out there in mind.  ALMOST any coach that actually had a choice between PNG and LCM would choose to wear purple & white. Not even a realistic comparison.

This board has been packed with opinions of who the best area coaches are that might be interested in the job and some of these guys are good...but they still may not be a good fit at LCM.  IMO, it's still best to gather a selection committee, set application dates, and consider all applications and then you just have to make the best decision on what you have.

lc-m dont drag your feet on getting a new coach and asst.its going to take time for a new head coach to get his program going and get his staff ready dont let the guys at pn-g get the good one HURRY UP you owe it to the kids

It's still WAY more important to find the "right guy" for LCM than it is to hurry up and fill the opening.  By your statement of "get the good one" I take it that you already have someone out there in mind.  ALMOST any coach that actually had a choice between PNG and LCM would choose to wear purple & white. Not even a realistic comparison.

This board has been packed with opinions of who the best area coaches are that might be interested in the job and some of these guys are good...but they still may not be a good fit at LCM.  IMO, it's still best to gather a selection committee, set application dates, and consider all applications and then you just have to make the best decision on what you have.

Totally agree with that

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Vidor vs HJ - 1 Game Location:  Vidor Date and Time:  Thursday (May 2) at 7pm
    • but will he be doing contact football drills mid-season?
    • That was an awesome video!  I feel so proud of these young men.  They proved the doubters wrong.  Bellville should be proud, too.  I know it didn't end like they had hoped, but we've been there, so we can definitely empathize with them.  Great season, Brahmas!
    • Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
  • Topics