Will Nederland Ever Go Deep In The Playoffs Again?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like you have an agenda when the first post you make on the site is... we gotta fire this DC and then everything will be fine.  Sounds like an agenda, plus it's against the site rules, plus it's idiotic, plus this is the same DC that spearheaded some of the most dominant Nederland defenses to take the field in the not too distant past.  I could plus you to death, but I agree with Brubaker, nice first post.

Seems like you have an agenda when the first post you make on the site is... we gotta fire this DC and then everything will be fine.  Sounds like an agenda, plus it's against the site rules, plus it's idiotic, plus this is the same DC that spearheaded some of the most dominant Nederland defenses to take the field in the not too distant past.  I could plus you to death, but I agree with Brubaker, nice first post.

I agree, your coaches(notice its plural) have built a first class program. Changing anything would be crazy.

Sorry to disappoint, but there is no agenda here.  The question was will Ned go deep into the playoffs.  Again, defense wins championships.  My opinion is the DC is the problem.  Do your home work and check the defensive standings over the past ten years.

That's just my opinion as what is needed to be done.  Now if this upsets your sensibilities and all you can do is state violations of site rules (show them to me) when opinions are stated, then you might want to go to a less sensitive site.

But I can also see why a png fan would want him to stay.  Maybe a hidden agenda there?  Just a thought for conversation. 

No one from the GT considers Dayton Local.  You guys have always been the enemy! ;D

I suspect one of the MC schools might have a run in a few years from all I have seen and heard of the 9th & 10th graders this year.

Lumberton could also with Crueder and that defense. Not sure about the offense, but defense wins more games in the playoffs.

Central is not done yet! Their Defense is quick.

Defense wins championships...the most overused, overhyped line in history.  Scoring more points than the other team wins championships.  Offense, defense, special teams...all crucial. 

To answer the question i think Nederland will go deep in the playoffs in the next 2 to 3 years if not next year with the amount of talent we have coming up.I think the main problem with the defense is that we lack the size on the DL (atleast since Ron Mohica graduated) and were not getting good penetration which is why we gave up a ton of yards on the ground this year

Sorry to disappoint, but there is no agenda here.  The question was will Ned go deep into the playoffs.  Again, defense wins championships.  My opinion is the DC is the problem.  Do your home work and check the defensive standings over the past ten years.

That's just my opinion as what is needed to be done.  Now if this upsets your sensibilities and all you can do is state violations of site rules (show them to me) when opinions are stated, then you might want to go to a less sensitive site.

But I can also see why a png fan would want him to stay.  Maybe a hidden agenda there?  Just a thought for conversation. 

No agenda, this Indian just isn't afraid to admit Nederland has built a top notch program. One quite a bit better than ours. We are getting a new coach, hopefully our fate will change.

I think Nederland will go deep in the playoffs again.  Neuman has built a strong base that continues to produce good athletes, along with his great coaching skills.  He has also surrounded himself by a good DC and OC.  Nederland will be back.  Congrats on a good year!

You might see some defensive stats in the last 2 or 3 seasons that aren't that good, but I don't think you want to look back over the last 10 years, if you do you will see some outstanding defenses, from 97 to 2004 we played good defense, Several years as #1 in district, 04 was the last year we had the #1 defense in the district. 2000 was the best defense I've ever seen at Nederland, although my favorite was 04, no shock their.

I've already said there is no agenda here.  Just the facts as I see them.  Defense usually gets you deep into the playoffs.  I'm just stating my opinion why a deep run will probably not happen.  But it won't be the players fault. 

When one can't deal with facts they usually scream "Agenda!"  I'm hearing that quite often.  These same might want to get on a site that facts won't get in the way.  Just my opinion.

Don't go to the stats 04, Smitty has an agenda to carry out, let him be about it.  Don't let the facts get in the way of his agenda.

PS - Just a thought for conversation.  Wasn't the DC in question on the staffs of DeRouen and August?  As the DC for DeRouen as I recall.  How were the defenses then?  Correct me if I'm wrong about the DC being associated with these two HC's.

I've already said there is no agenda here.  Just the facts as I see them.  Defense usually gets you deep into the playoffs.  I'm just stating my opinion why a deep run will probably not happen.  But it won't be the players fault. 

When one can't deal with facts they usually scream "Agenda!"  I'm hearing that quite often.  These same might want to get on a site that facts won't get in the way.  Just my opinion.

Don't go to the stats 04, Smitty has an agenda to carry out, let him be about it.  Don't let the facts get in the way of his agenda.

Sure they will.Lot's of great teams have come and gone and others will follow.Let me just point out last years Dayton team.Early we lose Cody Green(qb) to a leg injury for the year.Try A.J.Dugat for a game at qb-we lose 8-7 to lumberton.Up pops a QB who was not experienced w/Dayton's style of offense(New Orleans Katrina transfer)And he was magnificent in leading the Broncos to the state semi-finals against Austin Lake Travis.Gregory Charles threw for 1,800+ yds.and 22 or so td's w/4 pics.Amazing things happen sometimes when you think it will not.Good luck and find that magic again as you have certainly had some fantastic teams over there.

• 3 weeks later...

Nederlands defense is not what it used to be, i keep hearing about all these 2 and 3 year starting qb's but they never deliver, they have the luxury to play all the week teams first so they usually are 3-0 or 4-0 in district, then they go on a 2 or 3 game losing streak towards the end of the season

I have watched Nederland for about 15 years, 1 or 2 games a season, the defense used to punch you in the mouth, now they play soft

Changes need to be made.  But will it happen?

Nederlands defense is not what it used to be, i keep hearing about all these 2 and 3 year starting qb's but they never deliver, they have the luxury to play all the week teams first so they usually are 3-0 or 4-0 in district, then they go on a 2 or 3 game losing streak towards the end of the season

I have watched Nederland for about 15 years, 1 or 2 games a season, the defense used to punch you in the mouth, now they play soft

Guest Brubaker

Matt, I used to watch Dayton play and they were not impressive, we punched em in the mouth... they've had a run of great athletes under the SAME head coach... great athletes do wonders.  That's what Dayton has had, that's why they're beating the crap outta people.  It's pretty simple in High School football.  Matt, I got a VERY STRONG feeling that in a couple of years Nederland will be punching people in the mouth again...  especially the ones who are running it the most.

• 1 month later...

Matt, I used to watch Dayton play and they were not impressive, we punched em in the mouth... they've had a run of great athletes under the SAME head coach... great athletes do wonders.  That's what Dayton has had, that's why they're beating the crap outta people.  It's pretty simple in High School football.  Matt, I got a VERY STRONG feeling that in a couple of years Nederland will be punching people in the mouth again...  especially the ones who are running it the most.

great athletes we have had a few, look over the last 4 years and who has more in college football, about the same i think

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder