WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

All I have to say is...  that I believe both teams have a chance at winning this

I know WO-S has never been known for having a high-powered offense but the 2008 team is the highest scoring team in WO-S history dating back to 1977 and their defense to date has only been eclipsed by the 1987 4A State Champs. 

Gilmer WILL be stopped by the WO-S Defense.

The game will come down to how the Gilmer Defense performs against the WO-S Offense

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gilmer coaching staff will have our players well prepared to play.  These guys have coached together for many years, and know what it takes to get a team ready for a big game.  Many of our coaches worked together at 4A Jacksonville High School in the 90's.  Those teams put numerous players in the NFL, some of which you can see this Sunday.  Some of our recent Gilmer graduates are now playing in the BIG XII.  You can watch them Thursday night (A&M-Texas) and Saturday night when Oklahoma takes on Okie Lite.  You'll make it home in time.  Trust me. 

WO-S is a worthy adversary.  We're not saying that, but we're pretty talented as well.  Not only does Gilmer have talent, but talent that has been taught very well.  They are disciplined, play good fundamental football, and execute.  The team that protects the ball and makes the fewest mistakes usually ends up winning, and that's how I see this one going.  The fun part will be when Gilmer has the ball.  Which unit proves to be more dominate........Gilmer's Fast Break Offense or the WO-S Defense.  Best of luck!

AN ARMY OF BUCKEYES ARE WE........

WO-S has put its share of players into the NFL (including three-time Super Bowl champ Kevin Smith), not to mention in the Big XII (Currently Deion Beasley and Earl Thomas at UT, Tommy Chavis on the DL at Missouri and Jacoby Franks at WR at Texas Tech). Whoopty.

ok this is for you guys and gals at gilmer.#1 you will be the best team to this point the mustangs have played and thats the truth,we as mustang fans know this.#2 you are blessed with some of the best kids around you are big and fast and have the QB that makes  it all happen WE know that belive me.#3coaching staff yes some great guys no one can take that away from you.thay have done a super job with the kids. #4 fan support is also  great ,you back your kids and thay love it.now let me say this to you.(NO) the kids at wo-s are not big at all,you will be in shock when you see this.this group of kids at wo-s love there coaches and the coaches love them.there is something about this bunch of kids that (NO ONE) can figer out let me say it agan -----NO ONE not even the coaching staff at west orange-stark this is scary.these kids  have a heart as big as texas and that makes up for there size.the only way i think the kids from wo-s  will get beat  is if thay get lazy and not play smart football. in closeing let me tell you this what was said to me by a coach a little west of you guys. he said the kids there at orange  just dont know how good thay can be becouse thay are not scared of the devil himself  PS sorry for the spelling  good luck  gilmer

Wreck07, if you're so eager to get stats on WO-S, they're not hard to find if you do some simple research.  That info has been posted on another thread.  Also, you could send a friendly request to WOS87 and he will be happy to provide it for you. 

In one sentence you say, "This will be a game for the ages."  In the same post, you say "Gilmer will beat your a**."  That's juvenile.  It's either one or the other.  The majority of WO-S fans respect Gilmer, but it's clear you don't respect WO-S.  That's fine.  We'll be ready Saturday.   

I will still be in Europe Friday, however someone please take a picture of the scoreboard and post it for me.  I need an avitar and I can't think of anything better than a:

WOS 0 and Gilmer 54 picture

That is assuming Gilmer plays their 2nd string after the st quarter........ ;D

I will still be in Europe Friday, however someone please take a picture of the scoreboard and post it for me.  I need an avitar and I can't think of anything better than a:

Why the hate against WOS?

The Gilmer coaching staff will have our players well prepared to play.  These guys have coached together for many years, and know what it takes to get a team ready for a big game.  Many of our coaches worked together at 4A Jacksonville High School in the 90's.  Those teams put numerous players in the NFL, some of which you can see this Sunday.  Some of our recent Gilmer graduates are now playing in the BIG XII.  You can watch them Thursday night (A&M-Texas) and Saturday night when Oklahoma takes on Okie Lite.  You'll make it home in time.  Trust me. 

WO-S is a worthy adversary.  We're not saying that, but we're pretty talented as well.  Not only does Gilmer have talent, but talent that has been taught very well.  They are disciplined, play good fundamental football, and execute.  The team that protects the ball and makes the fewest mistakes usually ends up winning, and that's how I see this one going.  The fun part will be when Gilmer has the ball.  Which unit proves to be more dominate........Gilmer's Fast Break Offense or the WO-S Defense.  Best of luck!

AN ARMY OF BUCKEYES ARE WE........

You know, I think the problem most WOS fans have with you Gilmer folks on this and other boards is that you say these things as if you've cornered the market in them. I got news for you, the WOS coaching staff has been together far longer than any 90's run at another school. The core of this group have been together since the school began in 77. They wrote the book on fundamental football, discipline and execution. You guys have been successful since, what, 2003? You are just babies to state prominence, we've been running with the "big dogs" for 30 years. We've been to the title game 4 times in 30 years and own the best winning percentage in ALL of Texas Highschool football... EVER... IN ANY CLASS. So... no you don't corner the market in discipline, coaching, experience or anything else... your Buckeyes are just going to have to go out and be better than WOS because that's the only way they can win. It will not be due to an intangible.

Oh yeah, we have played Ennis so thank you for your prediction... we played them when we were still in 4A in the 2000 state finals... they won, but the score was 38-24. So much for us not being able to stay on the field with them.

Great post Gasilla!!

Who are you guys playing this weekend?  ;D

I DONT UNDERSTAND!!

Ok guys all of this hype is going on the Gilmer Offense and the WO-S Defense.

Yes Gilmer can put up many of points, but if im not mistaken them silver helmets have gotten in the endzone plenty enough! Doesn't WO-S average like 2 whole points lower then Gilmer? The mustangs are GREAT on offense, I might make a stretch to say BETTER than Gilmer. Just my opinion.

And thats why we play ball!

What is the st quarter...just wondering if that was a BH thing or a European thing?  King of big for us l'il ole MUSTANGS!  :D

I tell you what...you stay right where you are and if it happens...I'll send you the pic.  K?  Well, stay where you are until it happens...

Poor baby.  So pitiful with nothing more to do than hate the Mustangs... It gets better dude, ok?  ;)

Jody, hating WO-S is such a boring hobby.  You've even lost whatever "cuteness" factor you thought you had.  No one thinks you're funny.  But if your lame comments toward WO-S provide supportive therapy, at least you're saving money on medication and office visits.  ;D ;D

"BAD NEWS" for gealmar.  the cast is off.  (TREY FRANKS) last week this kid intercepted a pass while wearing a cast on his hand. dont ask me how. he is just that good. and fast, omg, when he runs you cant see his legs, they are just a blur.  i was not going to make a prediction for this game but i have changed my mind.  i have sifted through all of the info. on this web sight, put all of the info. into my "GAME PREDICTOR PROGRAM"  (on sale at wal mart for $499.99 while they last)  the program gave the score.  gelamor  17  and W.O.S.  35.

not sure if this is true,you guys at west orange-stark let me know about this. talk her in austin is that kevin smith and deon sanders will be on your teams sidelines.but i do know this is true beasley and thomas will be there .as i see it at this point the mustang (MUST) find a pass defense to stay with gilmer

From a Gilmer Fan on 3A

WOS has been a top team for years in bith 3A and 4A. Gilmer has been a top team for years also. Gilmer is known for it's offense and WOS is know for defense. I think the Gilmer offense is strong enough to score three touchdowns on WOS and might be able to get four. If WOS holds them tto 3 TD's, WOS wins. Anything more and Gilmer wins because I don't think WOS will score more that 24 points.

I think the most important part of this game will be how well the Gilmer defense performs. If they can hold the WOS running game in check, they can win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline