BRAWL IN LUMBERTON & B.C PEE WEE GAME???

Guest kf89

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m disappointed that the entire Lumberton youth football program is being tied to this incident by some on this thread. I’ve been a coach here for four years and had my share of issues like any other coach, but nothing like this.

I wasn’t on the field when this event happened but I’ve known the Lumberton coach for a while now and he is not the type to run up and hit somebody while their hands are in their pockets. I believe this issue should be resolved by the STJFL board using first hand non-biased witnesses and any video footage or pictures that exist.

Like VHS the first thing I asked was why Lumberton was on the Bridge City side and apparently the Lumberton coach’s dad was either running the chains or visiting somebody on the other side when things went wrong. Don’t know which of those is right, but I hear they weren’t over there to start a fight.

I saw the coaching staff of two local 8&9 yr old Football teams get into a fight Sat. on the field while both teams were still on  the field. I was speechless, Cops were called and charges were filed. YET no one went to jail!! The most disgusting thing about this was I heard coaches afterward saying how "that was old school football" Are you Kidding me?? Then I saw kids talking and saying how cool that was that it was like the UFC. I was shocked that the coaches were not so ashamed that they dug a hole and crawled in it. Instead I heard the coaches from the team that was losing at the time the game was stopped ask one of the Men in charge if it was a double forfeit instead of a loss since it was stopped in the 4th 1/4. I could only shake my head since he was one of the coaches that had started the fight on the other teams sideline. I was told that the other guys were mouthing off first!! LOL But this one teams coaches and parents still ran all the way across the field to be in this fight. I think all involved should be banned from the league. What are we teaching our kids? That if someone says something you don't like its ok to Hit (assault) them?? All of you involved should be proud of yourselves. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS WAS ON ANOTHER SITE :( good job guys...

I was at the game when this happened. It really amazes me that people will form an opinion from hear say.  Only a few people were at the game that posted here, the rest are just talking to talk.  Here is what I witnessed, heard, and what people said directly after it happened.

1.  The head coach of the Lumberton team was near the Bridge City sideline because his team was. For those of you who could not figure it out, those small lines on the field are called hash marks. The ball is placed left, right or center on the hash marks depending where the ball is whistled dead.

2.  In the third quarter, a Bridge City coach(or parent with field badge) was yelling obscene comments to the Lumberton players(yes, the 7 & 8 year olds)......"Get butt off the field, you cant play with our kids. According to several people (and kids, mine for one), he did this several times.

3.  One of the Lumberton Board members went up to ask him to shut up. That coach took a swing and hit the board member on his chin.  This is when most of Lumberton's coaches went to the Bridge City sideline.  They talked and started to walk away. That same BC coach or parent called one of the Lumberton team moms a .  That happened to be the Lumberton head coaches sister. At that point he ran up and the big fight started.  By the way, noone spit on anyone. Cops were called and I guess we will read about it in the paper.

That was fact, now my 2 cents.  I feel all the coaches that fought should be banned from coaching. This is not something we should teach our kids. My kid was playing in that game. I wish it would of never happened.  However, I can't say I wouldn't hurt someone if they called my wife a name in front of me. If my child would have been near or around the fight, I would have been there to protect him. If someone would of came at me, I would have protected myself. So, who's fault was it??  Well, Bridge City threw the first swing. The sad part about it, it was one guy. One stupid guy shouting comments that the referees should have heard and reacted by banning him from the field. They did not control the field and a fight was the result. So in order, its That Stupid Guy, Referees, Bridge City, and Lumberton!

Thetragichippy said it just like it happen. The girl that was called a B happen to be my cousin also. I have seen the tape of what had happen. Its a shame u cant even go to a dang pee wee game anymore because u have to many idoit parents that just cant let the kids play instead they have to run there heads. u can only take so much of some ones crap and when enough is enough they keep on. i know what happen wasnt the right thing but i am glad that ole roid head got popped then choked down u get what u deserve but if the refs would control the game nothin would happen they are just there for extra money im sure. so for all u bc fans that think its all lumberton then u need to rethink what happen it started before the game even started bc running there mouths. there were quite a few suspension made also

It was like yesterday, we got on our bikes and rode to an open field. We had 2 coaches, one wearing his work shirt with his name on it and his gas station, the other in his mailman uniform. After the game, we all got on our bikes, both teams, and went either swimming or fishing, mom was home with our other 5 siblings and dad was at work.

This just solidifies my reasoning for not allowing my son when he was growing up , to play pee-wee football.  The coaches in these leagues (mind you, not all, but most) still want to be making the hits, running the ball and being the heroes.  Football brings out an adrenaline rush like no other sport (outside UFC, if you can call that a sport).  It can make even the mildest of grannies scream terrible things at refs, just imagine what it can do to a grown man full (or sometimes lacking) of testerone.  Good luck to the kids caught in this terrible situation.  I pray for them.  And all the adults involved, take a break, step back out of your kids public lives for awhile, I am sure they need it now.

I was at the game when this happened. It really amazes me that people will form an opinion from hear say. Only a few people were at the game that posted here, the rest are just talking to talk.  Here is what I witnessed, heard, and what people said directly after it happened.

1.  The head coach of the Lumberton team was near the Bridge City sideline because his team was. For those of you who could not figure it out, those small lines on the field are called hash marks. The ball is placed left, right or center on the hash marks depending where the ball is whistled dead.

2.  In the third quarter, a Bridge City coach(or parent with field badge) was yelling obscene comments to the Lumberton players(yes, the 7 & 8 year olds)......"Get your F**king *ss off the field, you cant play with our kids. According to several people (and kids, mine for one), he did this several times.

3.  One of the Lumberton Board members went up to ask him to shut up. That coach took a swing and hit the board member on his chin.  This is when most of Lumberton's coaches went to the Bridge City sideline.  They talked and started to walk away. That same BC coach or parent called one of the Lumberton team moms a Bit**.  That happened to be the Lumberton head coaches sister. At that point he ran up and the big fight started.  By the way, noone spit on anyone. Cops were called and I guess we will read about it in the paper.

That was fact, now my 2 cents.  I feel all the coaches that fought should be banned from coaching. This is not something we should teach our kids. My kid was playing in that game. I wish it would of never happened.  However, I can't say I wouldn't hurt someone if they called my wife a Bit** in front of me. If my child would have been near or around the fight, I would have been there to protect him. If someone would of came at me, I would have protected myself. So, who's fault was it??  Well, Bridge City threw the first swing. The sad part about it, it was one guy. One stupid guy shouting comments that the referees should have heard and reacted by banning him from the field. They did not control the field and a fight was the result. So in order, its That Stupid Guy, Referees, Bridge City, and Lumberton!

If what you posted is true the coach of the lumberton team should have stopped the game and got a stjfl rep and explained what was being said to the kids. I am a coach in BC and we are told if their is a problem there is a stjfl rep at every game, it should have not took till the 4th quarter 4 min left in the game. Talk to them and i promise this would have never happened. I have allways told my son it takes a bigger man to walk away from something like that {words}.  Iam glad you know what hash marks are now you need to take a little time to learn the game clock like what quarter you are in and time left. When you are playing for first place in your division and you are getting dominated some people r sore loosers that's my opinion and iam stickink to it good luck to all in playoffs go BC Jr. All said i think it was handled well with stjfl. If you have any questions of what happen feel free to ask for video..

;D :);):D:o 8) ??? ::):P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :'(

If what you posted is true the coach of the lumberton team should have stopped the game and got a stjfl rep and explained what was being said to the kids. I am a coach in BC and we are told if their is a problem there is a stjfl rep at every game, it should have not took till the 4th quarter 4 min left in the game. Talk to them and i promise this would have never happened. I have allways told my son it takes a bigger man to walk away from something like that {words}.  Iam glad you know what hash marks are now you need to take a little time to learn the game clock like what quarter you are in and time left. When you are playing for first place in your division and you are getting dominated some people r sore loosers that's my opinion and iam stickink to it good luck to all in playoffs go BC Jr. All said i think it was handled well with stjfl. If you have any questions of what happen feel free to ask for video..

Really????  Your right, it should not of taken till the 4th quarter.  Your coaches were closer to "That Stupid Guy" than the Lumberton coaches, so why didn't your coaches do anything? You, yourself, explained in your previous reply that you were trained to do that.  I guess that training was money poorly spent or your coaches thought it was okay to curse children. I guess only Bridge City knows that.

I also appreciate the acknowledgement of how well I know hash marks. This comment was made because so many people made blind comments about what happened, just like yourself. I made no mention of who was winning, who I wanted to win, etc.....  This forum was not about win or loose, but about the fight. After the fight, who cares who was dominating who, or who would get first place.  After your comments, I have to ask.......Are you That Stupid Guy????

I rarely go to these games but in my opinion a few things should happen or be happening.

1. No one other than the coaches should be anywhere around the field while the game is going on.

2. After the truth is hashed out, the person responsible for starting this should not only be barred from participating in the league, to include as a spectator, but since this happened on school property, the school district should bar them from attending UIL events at their facility.

These idiots should realize that if someone were to get hurt, the school could be held liable. Of course, this was probably the same type guy whose last words will be, "hold my beer and watch me jump this".

BE YOU FROM LUMBERTON OR BRIDGE CITY OR B.F EGYPT, YOU ARE STUPID TO FIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR KID, ESPECIALLY OVER A GAME!

I started this thread under the HS site to draw att. to it.

Now I was at the game I am from Lumberton My son does not play

I do know most of the coaches from both sides from Baseball LL and Select.

There was smack from both sides, I did not hear the so called cussing. I do know the coach they were talking about on the BC sideline he is loud and very emotional, I cant see him telling the Lumberton kids to get off the F..ing field, but I will ask him while looking into his eyes.

I have said the same thing if the Lumberton coaches and fans stay on thier side no one can do more than yell at each other.

They did not BUT also remember that BC fans also came to the field so both were wrong.

Remember I am from Lumberton and will get bad mouthed for saying this but I have watched some of these same coaches on the Baseball field and there has been trouble there as well.

I have nothing to do with the youth FB league but if I did I would ban every coach and fan that I could prove were involved.

With this said please understand this is the result of a few bad coaches and not a LUMBERTON problem and not all Lumberton people think it was the right thing to do.

I think everyone involved should be ashamed.

Smack talking is one thing but assulting someone is all together dif.

PS there were charges filed but dont think that people were not arrested just because it was Lumberton police Trust that there will be more to follow on this.

Are you kidding me, deserved it, in front of KIDS...I don't think so.....

[quote author=Ruzy link=topic=45730.msg469430#msg469430 date=1226860388

Thetragichippy said it just like it happen. The girl that was called a B happen to be my cousin also. I have seen the tape of what had happen. Its a shame u cant even go to a dang pee wee game anymore because u have to many idoit parents that just cant let the kids play instead they have to run there heads. u can only take so much of some ones crap and when enough is enough they keep on. i know what happen wasnt the right thing but i am glad that ole roid head got popped then choked down u get what u deserve but if the refs would control the game nothin would happen they are just there for extra money im sure. so for all u bc fans that think its all lumberton then u need to rethink what happen it started before the game even started bc running there mouths. there were quite a few suspension made also

Whether you deserve or not Ruiz, you don't dish it out in front of the kids.  It's ignorant to even suggest something like that.

I have talked to numerous people this morning on the subject, including the gentleman who was spit on by the lumberton coach (which is the same guy who bull rushed one of the people on the BC sidelines) and all this talk about BC coaches or parents cursing at kids on the field is absurd and ridiculous. 

When all youth coaches in general start realizing that youth sports are about the kids and not about themselves, then maybe all this kind of crap will stop.  Coaching these kids should be about having the kids better off than when you first started with them.  Not about spitting on the other teams coach, or bull rushing the other sideline but about the well being and betterment of the youth athletes.

KOSMO THE ONE THAT BULLED RUSHED OVER THERE HAPPEN TO BE MY COUSIN HE WOULD NEVER SPIT N ANYONES FACE MY COUSIN IS FAR FROM THAT KIND OF GUY SO WHO EVER TOLD U THAT IS FULL OF BS. THERE IS ALWAYS TO SIDES TO THE STORY. BC WAS MOUTHIN THE WHOLE GAME KOSMO SO TELL WHOEVER SAID HE SPIT IN HIS FACE HE'S A DUMB butt TO, AND THE GUY WHO CALLED THE COACHES SISTER A STUPID THEN WENT AFTER HER FATHER. KOSMO U DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPEN SO SHUT UR  HOLE BOTH SIDES ARE AT VAULT SO QUIT POINTING FINGERS AND THINK BC DID NOTHIN WRONG. IF U EVEN KNEW THE 2 COACHES FROM LUMBERTON THEY ARE GREAT COACHES. SO WHO IS THE GUY THAT KEPT CURSING SAYING I WILL WHOOP ALL YOUR butts AND KEPT BEATING ON HIS CHEST IS LAST NAME IS GUIDRY FROM WHAT I HEAR.

Funny how more people comment and was not there??  There was no one spit on!  I was there and no one ever said they were spit on.  It sounds good though as a reason to get a fight going, huh! The above poster makes the comment "the same guy that bull rushed one of the people on the BC sidelines"............it was not one of the people, it was, "That Stupid Guy".  No one said ALL the BC people were cursing,.......PAY ATTENTION, it was just one!, remember, That Stupid Guy!  We can all make excuses about who was right or wrong. It amazes me how easily you can tell what town your are from, by your post!  I think the Lumberton coaches were WRONG. I think the BC coaches were WRONG! I think "THAT STUPID GUY" was the catalyst that started it all and he should be held just as accountable.

I WAS NOT THERE BUT MY COUSIN WAZ.  AND ALSO WAS MY OTHER COUSIN AND THREE PEOPLE WHO WAZ FRIENDS WITH MY OTHER COUSIN IN HISGHSCHOOL.  THE THIRD COUSIN (NOT MINE BUT THE ONE FROM MY HIGHSCHOOL FRIEND) SAID THAT HE DID SPIT SO I BELIVE HE DID.  MY FRIENDS COUSIN WOULD NOT LIE, AND I HAVE MORE COUSINS TOO.  I ALSO HAVE SEVERAL AUNTS AND ONE OF THEM ALSO BELIEVES HE SPIT.  SO THERE.  SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT COUSINS DON'T LIE

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :'(

Sigh! all this over a 7-9 year old football game?  What happened to letting the kids have fun and learn a little something about the game?  This kind of thing is happening way too much in youth sports.  Not just football, it happens in all of them.  Maybe we should take the ADULTS out of youth sports and let the KIDS play.

I WAS NOT THERE BUT MY COUSIN WAZ.  AND ALSO WAS MY OTHER COUSIN AND THREE PEOPLE WHO WAZ FRIENDS WITH MY OTHER COUSIN IN HISGHSCHOOL.  THE THIRD COUSIN (NOT MINE BUT THE ONE FROM MY HIGHSCHOOL FRIEND) SAID THAT HE DID SPIT SO I BELIVE HE DID.  MY FRIENDS COUSIN WOULD NOT LIE, AND I HAVE MORE COUSINS TOO.  I ALSO HAVE SEVERAL AUNTS AND ONE OF THEM ALSO BELIEVES HE SPIT.  SO THERE.  SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT COUSINS DON'T LIE

That is funny right there. I don't care who you are.  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder