BRAWL IN LUMBERTON & B.C PEE WEE GAME???

Guest kf89

This is not the first time I have heard about BC Bing in A Brawl at A little league game. I think It was in 2002 or 2003 A BC man punched A girl on the side lines of A football game Against I think it was Deweyville , But the man got beat down by A lady with an umbrella then he was arrested. The reason I bring this up is  maybee BC has A problem keeping there cool At little league games. Does any body else Know of any Brawls Lumberton has ever been involved in at A little league game besides this one.

I have always had problems when we have had to play lumberton, they do not like to lose and they have proved it time and time again. This time they went to far.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the first time I have heard about BC Bing in A Brawl at A little league game. I think It was in 2002 or 2003 A BC man punched A girl on the side lines of A football game Against I think it was Deweyville , But the man got beat down by A lady with an umbrella then he was arrested. The reason I bring this up is  maybee BC has A problem keeping there cool At little league games. Does any body else Know of any Brawls Lumberton has ever been involved in at A little league game besides this one.

So you're trying to say that since there was an incident at a little league game 6 years ago, and one the other day, that it's safe to assume that many bridge city fans have trouble keeping their cool at games?  give me a break.

I said this summer, when coaches were getting thrown out of 5 and 6 yr old baseball games and the BC coach was thrown out of 11 year old  baseball game, in all-stars..............Even saw the whole thread VANISH and have been wondering WHY?? Probably because the rules were found to be correct when asked to be found!! ;D!!   It's because we want it to go away.....but the only way stuff like this goes away is if parents become vigilint towards who is in controll of their kids.  EVERY move this league takes now should be done in public and they should want it that way to prove they are doing everything in their power to do what is right.  You start closing doors and questions will arise.......leave it as a glass house and do what is right.  

Again.......How many High School coaches from this area do you know of that have had to make a trip to Austin for being ejected from Baseball, Football, or Basketball....and fighting.......(I'm guessing loss of certificate and job at an ISD anywhere would be brought up!!!)    Here is the Problem.....each league has it's own board, half of them laugh off the fact that they were ejected from games.......blaming officials for their poor conduct.......like it's no big deal........THERE IS NO REAL BODY FOR ANY OF THESE AREA YOUTH LEAGUE COACHES TO ANSWER TO!!!   Before a high school coach opens his mouth the ride to Austin has already calmed his approach...towards an official or coach..............no one wants to take that ride...these coaches escaped the only ride they should have been given and that in the back of a police car!!!

no matter what words are said, it is illegal to respond to words with physical violence.  there is no defense for whoever touched who first...

i will say this though against the "lifetime ban."  I hope those involved think long and hard before they hand out that sentence.  you are saying the man cannot even coach his own grandkids... should that time arise. 

I have seen this same thing happen in baseball when a very unfortunate incident occurred ( tempers flared and a minor altercation occurred between two coaches ).  One of those coaches also received a lifetime ban... and I think that is the knee jerk response.  But come on...lifetime?  even murderers don't always get a life sentence.   

Consider a 5 year or even 10 year ban... but lifetime is ridiculous to me. 

But as TD says, that just my opinion.

I hope all the wives and girlfriends of all the male posters realize that if they are ever called a horrible name (the "B" word) or pushed to the ground by someone, their husbands and boyfriends will walk away and not react. They will do this because if they react, it will become their fault and not the person who started it.

So, if my son is at school one day and one of his classmates calls me or his sister a "B", then it's ok for my son to hit the other kid?  I don't think the school is going to look at it that way.

The whole point of youth sports, at this age anyway, is for them to learn the game, the rules, sportsmanship, teamwork, etc.  What did these kids learn from this game?  Hit someone if they make you mad?  I think the banning was completely deserved.

Let him back in.  It's not his fault his ol' lady couldn't keep her trap shut, causing this whole mess.    

Pay attention, the altercation came way before his wife was called a bit**.  I hope the next time your out, your wife or girlfriend (or boyfriend if that's your thing) is called something like that. Then I want you to post how you respectfully walked away and did nothing!

So, if my son is at school one day and one of his classmates calls me or his sister a "B", then it's ok for my son to hit the other kid?  I don't think the school is going to look at it that way.

The whole point of youth sports, at this age anyway, is for them to learn the game, the rules, sportsmanship, teamwork, etc.  What did these kids learn from this game?  Hit someone if they pi$$ you off?  I think the banning was completely deserved.

No....teach your son in school whenever someones says something, ignore it and walk away. Whenever they push him, to turn and walk away. Pretty soon, kids smaller than him will be calling your son names and pushing him to because he cant stand up for himself.  

and BTW, I would hope my son protects his sisters honor. I dint agree with starting fights, but I think that guys are "built" to protect women.

Also, if you read previous post, I thought the coach was wrong for doing it on the field.......but I also think getting a life ban for this is crazy, when murder only gets you 20.  If your OJ, it gets you ZERO!

No....teach your son in school whenever someones says something, ignore it and walk away. Whenever they push him, to turn and walk away. Pretty soon, kids smaller than him will be calling your son names and pushing him to because he cant stand up for himself.  

and BTW, I would hope my son protects his sisters honor. I dint agree with starting fights, but I think that guys are "built" to protect women.

Also, if you read previous post, I thought the coach was wrong for doing it on the field.......but I also think getting a life ban for this is crazy, when murder only gets you 20.  If your OJ, it gets you ZERO!

Actually, my kids are taught never to start fights, but they are allowed to finish them IF someone lays their hands on them....words don't count as an assault.  In that same vein, mine are also taught to talk to everyone with respect.  They're not even allowed to call another person "stupid", much less cuss words.  I'm old school like that, though. (Sorry for the digression)

And comparing a ban against coaching to getting 20 years in prison for murder is like comparing apples to oranges.

I only hope it's you who does the name calling.

ps--My wife or daughter wouldn't be running their traps at a peewee game.

Hmmm, a threat in a friendly forum?.  You must be from Bridge City.  I was just proving a point. just the near mention of what I said got you upset.  Think if it happened in real life..............Thanks for provin my point.

P.S.   I wont even talk about your wifes or daughters "trap"

You know, it is just like Fred Durst said in a nice song....It is all a bunch of he said, she said BS.  Those from either side will claim they know what happened.  You know who knows what happened?  The people that committed the crime.  I have a child that plays pee wee football, and I am completely miffed at this situation.  Testosterone raging, no testosterone at all, from here there or yon, what happened at this game is SAD.  Kids were crying, parents were acting VERY IRRESPONSIBLE, and the whole point was forgotten.  It is all for the kids.  Children are precious.  You only have so long to make an impression on them before they start doing what you taught.  These kids were very impressionable, and I for one am so upset to see this happen.  EVERYONE WAS WRONG.  Sin is sin, wether it be murder, or theft of a 25 cent pack of gum, the LORD sees it all the same.  No one on earth can say that they have never made a mistake.  I do think that there should be some type of punishment made to EVERYONE involved.  I also think that those involved should have to admit to their crimes, and they should all have to tell the KIDS what they did was wrong.  I know that there was a problem because I was there, my child plays for one of these teams.  I was ready to go home and take my kid with me because of the irresponsible actions of ALL OF THE INVOLVED INDIVIDUALS.  I am very proud of all of the kids for the way that they handled themselves.  They all played an EXCELLENT game, and should all be very proud of themselves.  I would like to see there be appropriate security enforced at all games, not just ones where there had been a problem.  Maybe this weekend at the playoffs it should be made known to ALL SPECTATORS (coaches, kids, fans, family members, other teams) that there will be a ZERO TOLERANCE for BS and if you feel like starting/causing/continuing some, please go ELSEWHERE to do it because we would like to see GOOD CLEAN PEE WEE FOOTBALL!!!!!

Actually, my kids are taught never to start fights, but they are allowed to finish them IF someone lays their hands on them....words don't count as an assault.  In that same vein, mine are also taught to talk to everyone with respect.  They're not even allowed to call another person "stupid", much less cuss words.  I'm old school like that, though. (Sorry for the digression)

And comparing a ban against coaching to getting 20 years in prison for murder is like comparing apples to oranges.

I agree on what you teach your kids, I do the same thing. My son cant hit someone because he was called a name. If he is hit, he has full permission to protect himself. My son better never start a fight.  I still think a ban for life is too severe for what happened.

I said this summer, when coaches were getting thrown out of 5 and 6 yr old baseball games and the BC coach was thrown out of 11 year old  baseball game, in all-stars..............Even saw the whole thread VANISH and have been wondering WHY?? Probably because the rules were found to be correct when asked to be found!! ;D!!   It's because we want it to go away.....but the only way stuff like this goes away is if parents become vigilint towards who is in controll of their kids.  EVERY move this league takes now should be done in public and they should want it that way to prove they are doing everything in their power to do what is right.  You start closing doors and questions will arise.......leave it as a glass house and do what is right.  

Again.......How many High School coaches from this area do you know of that have had to make a trip to Austin for being ejected from Baseball, Football, or Basketball....and fighting.......(I'm guessing loss of certificate and job at an ISD anywhere would be brought up!!!)    Here is the Problem.....each league has it's own board, half of them laugh off the fact that they were ejected from games.......blaming officials for their poor conduct.......like it's no big deal........THERE IS NO REAL BODY FOR ANY OF THESE AREA YOUTH LEAGUE COACHES TO ANSWER TO!!!   Before a high school coach opens his mouth the ride to Austin has already calmed his approach...towards an official or coach..............no one wants to take that ride...these coaches escaped the only ride they should have been given and that in the back of a police car!!!

I know the folks that run almost every league in this area with the exception of Bridge City, (used to be Roy) anyway. Just this year my board and I suspended a coach for 1 game for arguing with parents. Didn't have another problem. He is one of the best guys you'll ever meet but when someone questions your manhood, sometimes its hard to bite your toungue. We have banned 2 families this year from our league because of unruley behavior. We have decided to rid ourselves of people who do not respect the code of conduct set forth by our league. LoneStar has one, as does STJFL. I know Mike Minton and Danny, and know they would not intentionally give a person a coaching job if they had known something like this would happen. I feel the same way about Lisa and Roy over at BC (if they are still involved). There is a body for these coaches to answer to and the STJFL has spoken. Its a shame because I have spoken to some league officials and the guy from Lumberton is supposedly an upstanding citizen who we (HJ) probably would have given a team to after checking his back ground. Nothing anainst the guy from BC, just dont know anyone who knows him. Being the president of our league, I've been cussed at, accused of cheating, accused of running a good ol' boy system, not playing kids where their parents think they should, racism, and just plain ol talked too like I was an old maingy dog. I'm sure the rest of these board members have been through times like this at one time or another but they never through that punch. This is what I was talking about earlier, don't judge all the leagues or even Lumberton or BC for that matter. A coach made a stupid decision in the heat of the moment and now he will pay for it because he has a league to answer to.

I only hope it's you who does the name calling.

ps--My wife or daughter wouldn't be running their traps at a peewee game.

Hmmm, a threat in a friendly forum?.  You must be from Bridge City.  I was just proving a point. just the near mention of what I said got you upset.  Think if it happened in real life..............Thanks for provin my point.

P.S.   I wont even talk about your wifes or daughters "trap"

What exactly was your point?  My post said "let him back in".  From that, you started with the wife/boyfriend cr@p.  Didn't sound that "friendly" to me.

What exactly was your point?  My post said "let him back in".  From that, you started with the wife/boyfriend cr@p.  Didn't sound that "friendly" to me.

well, I didnt like the assumption that his wife started it all. She didnt........she was trying to calm the first altercation.  I respect women and dont refer to the as ole ladies..... If you were joking, my bad. It burns me, this was a good father who lost it for a split second and will pay for it for life. He coached my son and I still have respect for the man.

Has anyone really sat back and thought about the whole situation?  It was a bad deal all around for both sides.  I know that every coach wishes they would have handled it all differently now.  But, a lifetime sentence for a coach that has been dedicated to this team since these boys were 5 yrs old, is a little to much.  He is a good man, a good father, husband & coach.  He has never even had a complaint on him.  But his punishment is just to extreme when he was not the only one involved.  What good comes from this..??  He can never coach his son again or a team that loves him and cares for him...  The whole family is hurting over this.  NO ONE can say what they would do until they are put in the situation.  I don't think a lot of men would let another man speak to their family the way that BC coach did..  If you need to do something as a Board then do something that will make a difference in someones life.  There are all kind of alternatives.  Suspension, community service, counseling could be a start....  Please don't judge a book by it's cover.  All the coaches have reasons why they did what they did.  I'm sure they would take it back in a second if they could, but, now we all have to move on....

Unfortunately, everyone who post comments here gets in their "righteous mode" and forgets people are human. They don't look at who started the conflict, only who reacted to that conflict. I agree banned for life does not fit the crime, but it appears everyone is in political mode right now. After reading all the post, it appears no one has ever made a mistake before. I hope all the wives and girlfriends of all the male posters realize that if they are ever called a horrible name (the "B" word) or pushed to the ground by someone, their husbands and boyfriends will walk away and not react. They will do this because if they react, it will become their fault and not the person who started it. Maybe the STJFL will review ALL the tapes out there and reconsider. The coach you speak of is a great DAD and reacted in the wrong way, but I would protect my family if I had to. (And so would most people that will not admit it to be politically correct).

Wow I still can't believe that people are trying to justify the actions taken. I am from LUMBERTON and I was at the game and want to say a few things I have seen three tapes that have this BRAWL on them. This fight never happens if the Lumberton coaches and parents stay on thier side. TWO the mom-sister-wife (who I know) never gets called a "B" or touched if she stays on the Lumberton side.Look at the vid. it shows the fight started before the mom gets knocked to the ground. THIRD you keep saying "THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS" I assume you are talking about the trash talking. At the Coin toss before the game a LUMBERTON coach smacked that if they stopped a certain # that they would win, They didnt and the BC coach responded by smacking back YALL HAVEN"T STOPPED HIM YET, whats wrong. So both were wrong. Smack talking goes both ways dont start it if you cant handle it when getting beat. FOURTH  I know the Lumberton coach he is I believe a great guy,prolly a great dad and husband, but by the actions he took he shows he is not a GREAT YOUTH COACH. Not that he cant teach or coach but it is a privilage to coach youth sports and fighting on a field cost you this privlage. Let me ask you a question, if your son is on the field and this happens and in the middle of the brawl your son gets hurt do you look at this in a dif. light? We that serve on Boards of youth sports are responsible to keep this from happening. Chances are this could happen ten more times and if the Lumberton coach were on the field he would walk away. The thing we as Coaches and Teachers and Board Members have to do is TEACH the young kids that you cant break rules (LAWS) and just say I am sorry and everything goes away. What some of you are forgetting is that what this coach did not only broke the FB rules but BROKE THE LAW, are we to teach our kids that all you have to do is say I am sorry or sit out one game and your actions were ok. I dont think so. I also think we have forgot that the Kids are the ones who were the real victims.

ok, i've tried to keep out of this discussion but i just read something that made me say to myself "yeah right!"  I don't recall who posted it earlier, and it really does not matter but here is what has made me post a response:

the person said he/she does not encourage fighting and/or trash talking

Ummm, we are talking about FOOTBALL right?  Football: the roughest sport (besides hockey) out there and full of trash talking.  If you don't "allow" that kind of stuff, then why is your son playing football?  Pushing, shoving, trash talking - that is all part of the game.

Does this give the parents the right to fight? NO, not at all.  Does it give someone the right to tell someone else that they are Ike trash? Absolutely not.  Spit in someones face? Again, No.  But please, don't get on this forum and act all high and mighty and act that your child is perfect and does not participate in any type of violence.  He's playing football - it is a violent sport.

Trash talking is not a crime, or assault, but it is still bad sportsmanship.  And yes my child does play football, a collision sport, but it does not mean that he needs to talk trash.  My child is taught not to talk trash to ANYONE, no matter what the situation is.  I have taught my kid to be encouraging to his team mates and keep his mouth shut when it comes to the other team.  Yes you can have a sport such as football without trash talking.  Lets also keep in mind who did the trash talking here, it wasn't the kids, it was the adults.  They also were not speaking of each other with the trash talking, they were talking about the kids which is a whole other issue!

ok, i've tried to keep out of this discussion but i just read something that made me say to myself "yeah right!"  I don't recall who posted it earlier, and it really does not matter but here is what has made me post a response:

Ummm, we are talking about FOOTBALL right?  Football: the roughest sport (besides hockey) out there and full of trash talking.  If you don't "allow" that kind of stuff, then why is your son playing football?  Pushing, shoving, trash talking - that is all part of the game.

Does this give the parents the right to fight? NO, not at all.  Does it give someone the right to tell someone else that they are Ike trash? Absolutely not.  Spit in someones face? Again, No.  But please, don't get on this forum and act all high and mighty and act that your child is perfect and does not participate in any type of violence.  He's playing football - it is a violent sport.

Real players dont need to talk trash they prove their worth on the field through their actions and how they play the game.

Real players dont need to talk trash they prove their worth on the field through their actions and how they play the game.

Your right 77 they play football so wth they probably love seeing their parents and coaches slug it out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder