BRAWL IN LUMBERTON & B.C PEE WEE GAME???

Guest kf89

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

I heard all the kids were on the sideline crying while the idiot coaches were kicking each others ass.  It's ashamed, this game is for the kids and the grownups keep getting in their way of having fun and learning.

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

When the final whistle blows, win or lose, you hope these kids walk away and at the very least learn alittle about sportsmanship, leadership, class, etc. What do you think the Lumberton/BC kids learned tonight? They are most likey petrified, thankful their parents did not get killed and some unfortunately may not ever play again in the STJFL because of a very stupid REDNECK!

I was there and on the sidelines.  Yes it is true that the Defensive coach from Lumberton was having words the whole Game with the BC Offensive coach on the field about a stacked team. (at this age you can have one coach on the field).  After BC's last touchdown with 4 mn left in the 4th quarter, the coaches from Lumberton realized they were not going to win.  BC Defense made a huge hit to the Lumberton ball carrier causing a fumble right in front of the BC Bench where all the coaches and players were standing.  BC recovered the fumble and the Lumberton coaches ran on the field to the BC side to argue with referees and others.  This is where it went down hill.  The Lumberton coach ,the one who was having words the whole time on the field, got in the face of one of our coaches.  They had words then the Lumberton coach spit in BC coaches face. This turned into pushing and shoving.  The lumberton coach was pulled back to the center of the field by his coaches but it was too late.  By this time several parents from Lumberton were on BC side line pushing and shoving and fighting.  The lumberton coach, who was pulled back by his own, broke loose and ran across the field and attacked one of BC's coaches.  The BC coach did not see him coming until the last second and ducked throwing the Lumberton Coach over his back to the ground and they started fighting.

Since we were in Lumberton no one was arrested.  The game was stopped  BC won.  The only people that were hurt were the kids.  BC had several boys crying.  They saw everything because it was right in front of them.  Several BC Mothers swept them away to one of the endzones where somehow Lumberton and BC shook hands as they normally do after a game.  This was while the fighting was happening

This melee represents the ultimate definition for SORE LOSERs.  I would like to see Lumberton try this in Jefferson or Orange county where they do not have the protection of there Police Dept.  And also, ITS ALL ON TAPE!

What a shame :(

I was not there, but I have talked to some friends of mine from BC.  I'm just curious to hear the excuses for the Lumberton folks to COME ACROSS THE FIELD to the BC sideline and start this fight.  To me that speaks VOLUMES for the cause of this fight.  If they stay on their sidelines there is no fight. 

Apparently there was some jawjacking about the BC team only winning because they "stacked" their team after Hurricane Ike.  Are you kidding me?  I was excited just to see the BC community be able to pull themselves together after the devastation that their city has faced and put a few teams on the field.  I think the BC folks should be proud of themselves just for trying to create some normalcy for a bunch of kids who have been left without a home.   In all fairness I have not heard Lumberton's side of the argument, but I'm having a hard time imagining what would cause a grown man to run across the field and punch another man(who had his hands in his pockets) in the face in front of a bunch of kids. 

I talked to two of the players from this game (7-8 yrs old), and let me tell you the boys were terrified.  These two boys lost their home and have been commuting to BC from Vidor to go to school and play FB in Bridge City.  They love football and are thankful they still have a team to play on.  I'm sure there are a lot more stories just like theirs on these BC teams. 

I hope the adults are real proud of themselves tonight.

I heard a 180 story from someone who was there, let your board find out what happened before torching anyone and for sure it is not STJFL's fault so don't air out a bunch of crap to make it embarrassing for anyone until the board has a chance to find out what really went down.

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

Thanks for the info Dustjam.  Since this was all caught on tape it should make it easier for the board to handle this very ugly situation.  At the very least the instigators should never, ever be allowed to participate in the STJFL again. At least this was not a hockey or baseball game, where hockey sticks or baseball bats would have been accessible!

The bottom line is...regardless of who started this mess and what the reasons for it were...it should NOT have happened, espcially in front of bunch of little kids and their parents.  What kind of message does this send??

If there was a problem between the coaches, they should have taken it off the field and beat each other's butts in the parking lot after the game and after all the kids were gone.

CLASSLESS move.

I agree Totally YankeeDawg.  No matter who did what and who said what.  Lumberton fans and coaches went across the playing field.  This says everything about what happened.  I spoke with Nederland Coaches and Port Neches Coaches about this event last night.  They said every time they travel to Lumberton there is a problem.  I hope the STJFL take this into account.

This (and what lead up to this) is what keeps a lot of good people from helping out in Youth Sports. 

I think the the governing body (in this case STJFL) has to take responsibility for what happened and do something to make sure that it does not happen again. 

If it was as bad as I heard one of both of the teams should be disqualified for the playoffs.  If that happened, then coaches in the future would be much more careful.  And I do feel bad for the kids that would not be able to participate in the playoffs, but most of the kids in the league do not get to participate in the playoffs anyway. 

Everyone vaguely remembers back in 2004, the brawl that occured during the Pacers-Pistons game.  It played over and over on SportsCenter for days.  I barely remember it, but my then 8 year old son watched it as well.  His only question: Is that an NBA game?  He has played BB since and has just made the 7th grade team this year.  However, he has never asked to go to an NBA game and has never wanted to go when I asked.  Things like this make a deep impression on the boys.

I also know that STJFL will not keep the teams out of the playoffs or expel any organization permanently (which I think would be worse for everyone) but instead will just slap everyone hads and put everyone on probation.  And next year there will still be coaches that act like this in the league next year and the year after and the year after that. 

I cannot do anything to fix the problem, but I do hope the my presence is mostly positive for both the boys and the league.  Sometimes our teams will win, sometimes our team will lose.  I will fight hard to win and still want to be friends with the coaches that end up beating me.

that's the problem there is no accountability for these coaches.these guys laugh at probation,give each side a harsh punishment so maybe in the future coaches(B.C. & LUM.) will think twice before they do something like this.JUST THINK THESE 2 TEAMS WILL BE PLAYING NEXT WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS,GOOD LUCK TO WHO EVER GETS THESE TEAMS :'( :P

I think it's a bit irresponsible to do too much speculating on here.  If there's a tape, the proper officials (and hopefully officers) should get a chance to watch it, and take the actions that are necessary.  Overall, this is really a shame.  This type of behavior is unacceptable.  Some parents have a problem remembering that IT'S JUST A GAME!

Hopefully STJFL will do the right thing and NOT just put them on probation. We had the same kinda thing happen in Baseball and our board banned the coaches from coaching. With that being said if these coaches are on the sidelines during the playoffs then STJFL  has no back bone.

There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for this to of happened.

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

Hopefully STJFL will do the right thing and NOT just put them on probation. We had the same kinda thing happen in Baseball and our board banned the coaches from coaching. With that being said if these coaches are on the sidelines during the playoffs then STJFL  has no back bone.

If the punishment does not fit the crime then I personally will not sign up my kid to play next year.  If my kid is taught to act out like this if he loses then I just prefer he does not play at all. 

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

Looks like this idiotic, classless stuff happens all the time....

Wonder how long it will take for the Lumberton/BC tapes to emerge on Youtube.com?

If the punishment does not fit the crime then I personally will not sign up my kid to play next year.  If my kid is taught to act out like this if he loses then I just prefer he does not play at all.   

Punishment is easy. Lifetime ban and criminal charges.  Coaching is not a right its a privilege, and one that I hope the clowns responsible for this crap never get to do again.  Its PEE WEE FOOTBALL YOU GOOFS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder