BRAWL IN LUMBERTON & B.C PEE WEE GAME???

Guest kf89

HIPPY SOME PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD JUST NEVER UNDERSTAND DO THEY SAID HE SPIT IN THERE FACE WOW I KNOW HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT BUT THEY HAVE TO MAKE IS SOUND GOOD SOMEHOW.

I don't understand any of this jibberish.

Bottom line is I talked directly to the guy who had to clean the spit off his face and glasses so take that for what it's worth. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has any video on this please PM me.

come on now people... channel 6 news lastnight, front page of the enterprise this morning, now they are asking for video. this is not only making the STJFL look bad, it is giving all youth football around here a bad name. the STJFL has some good people in charge that will do a good job taking care of this situation.let's all just back off, let it go , and let the STJFL directors do their job!! 

Lumberton police probe Pee Wee football coach fisticuffs

By JULIE SHEHANE

November, 19, 2008

Extra security will be on the sidelines at Saturday’s first post-season Pee Wee football game between Lumberton and Bridge City to ensure that the kind of brawl that broke out last week between coaches and parents does not happen again.

“Our other Lumberton team will be playing Bridge City in the playoffs, but we will have extra people there to make sure the kids get to focus on football and not childish adults fighting,†said Mike Minton, president of the Lumberton Youth Football and Cheerleading Association.

The group permanently banned an unidentified Lumberton coach from the league in a Tuesday board meeting. He also could face criminal charges stemming from the assault of a Bridge City coach during the season’s final game.

“The coach has been banned for life from participating in our league, and the team has already been assigned a new coach,†Minton said.

One other Lumberton coach and two Bridge City coaches have been suspended by the Southeast Texas Junior Football League following the incident, according to Minton.

“We have a no-tolerance policy, so you act up and you’re gone, and it’s a shame to have to deal with something like this,†Minton said. “This is our 10th season, and we’ve never had an incident before.â€

The incident happened Saturday at a 7- and 8-year-old Pee Wee football game against Bridge City. The first-year tackle game took place at Lumberton Middle School.

“This shouldn’t have happened. It was childish,†said Minton, who was on the field for most of the game.

The undefeated teams were in the final minutes of the fourth quarter when the assault took place.

“A few Lumberton people walked over to the Bridge City side,†Minton said. “I still don’t know why, but there was a Bridge City coach who had been very loud the whole game, and he started making horrible insults about the sister of one of our coaches, and he reacted.â€

At least three other coaches and several parents from both sides joined in the altercation before it was broken up, Minton said.

“It happened so fast, and we did the best thing we could do and that was to try and break it up,†he said. “The whole thing lasted a couple minutes, and it was mostly pushing and shoving.

“The kids were taken away from the altercation as quick as we could get them, so they were protected, but this is embarrassing for our league and it shouldn’t have happened.â€

Police were investigating the incident, and criminal charges could be filed.

“We’ve reviewed a videotape from the game, and we are still investigating the incident,†said Lumberton Police Chief Danny Sullins. “Right now we are basically looking at an incident where one coach assaulted another coach.

“These things don’t happen at our football games, and we certainly won’t put up with it.â€

The Bridge City Youth Football and Cheerleading Association could not be reached for comment late Wednesday.

Edward Snipes, 38, who was at the game to see his Bridge City nephew play, said coaches from both sides acted inappropriately.

“The kids didn’t know what to do; (Bridge City) intercepted a fumble and got ready to run it down when all of a sudden coaches and parents are going toe-to-toe on the field,†said Snipes, a Port Arthur resident.

Referees stopped the game immediately after the altercation, Minton said.

“They stopped the game and the kids were the only grown-ups there,†Snipes said. “They went to center field and shook hands just like they always do. The supposed adults could take a lesson from their kids.â€

Bridge City won the game 34-18, said Minton, adding that he wishes both teams good luck in the upcoming playoffs.

“We’re going to make sure that we talk to and act on any person that had anything to do with the situation,†Minton said. “After that, we hope to move on and get this behind us.â€

Both leagues are to blame. I'm sure if your from Lumberton you probably blame Bridge City and if your from Bridge City you blame Lumberton. Blaming each other changes nothing.

Now that this has happened there will be extra security at the games this weekend, this is an embarrassment to STJFL, I hope all Parents, Coaches and who ever else was involved are happy and proud of what they have done.

Ok when I looked at this thread yesterday it was LOCKED and now all of a sudden it is back open.  ::)

This is bad for both cities and it is rediculous that grown ups can't coach or watch a pee wee football game without name calling and fighting.  Also saying that BC stacked the team, how can you stack a team when 30 to 40 percent of both teams didn't come back after the Hurricane.  So they combined into one team so the boys could at least finish out the season.  And shame on Lumberton for calling BC Hurricane Trash, there is no reason for that.  It is sad what happened in BC during the Hurricane and they should be commended that they are trying to give their children some normalcy with football.

I can't imagine any police officer who would sit still while grown men were fight in front of kids.

My point exactly..............and I don't recall anyone calling Bridge City "hurricane trash".  As a matter of fact, one of the Lumberton Coaches that was suspended spent the month after the hurricane helping BC clean up their town. He's a good guy. The coach I'm speaking about restrained another coach, never hit anyone.

I can't imagine any police officer who would sit still while grown men were fight in front of kids.

My point exactly..............and I don't recall anyone calling Bridge City "hurricane trash".  As a matter of fact, one of the Lumberton Coaches that was suspended spent the month after the hurricane helping BC clean up their town. He's a good guy. The coach I'm speaking about restrained another coach, never hit anyone.

This is from a BC parent who has two boys that play on the team and she was shocked that they would say that.

This is from a BC parent who has two boys that play on the team and she was shocked that they would say that.

I'm from Lumberton and I was on the BC sideline the first half of the game. (I had a reason to be there, BTW). I was laughing and joking with a BC female who had a badge. She was nice and I told her what a great football team they had. I know for a fact that nothing like that happened during the first half. I have my idea(based on what I seen and heard) of who startee the trash talking but am going to keep that to myself.

BTW, I have a son that played on the Lumberton team. After the game and brawl, we had a 30 minute conversation on right and wrong. Although, we lost, we played a good game. Bridge City played a little  better. He was taught that parents sometimes make mistakes and that day was one of those days. I still respect the kids from Bridge City (and he does to) and most of the parents. We cant let a handful of people control our lives and I'm afraid that's what happened on Saturday!

Guest RaiderMom

Has anyone really sat back and thought about the whole situation?  It was a bad deal all around for both sides.  I know that every coach wishes they would have handled it all differently now.  But, a lifetime sentence for a coach that has been dedicated to this team since these boys were 5 yrs old, is a little to much.  He is a good man, a good father, husband & coach.  He has never even had a complaint on him.  But his punishment is just to extreme when he was not the only one involved.  What good comes from this..??  He can never coach his son again or a team that loves him and cares for him...  The whole family is hurting over this.  NO ONE can say what they would do until they are put in the situation.  I don't think alot of men would let another man speak to their family the way that BC coach did..  If you need to do something as a Board then do something that will make a difference in someones life.  There are all kind of alternatives.  Suspension, community service, counseling could be a start....  Please don't judge a book by it's cover.  All the coaches have reasons why they did what they did.  I'm sure they would take it back in a second if they could, but, now we all have to move on....

Has anyone really sat back and thought about the whole situation?  It was a bad deal all around for both sides.  I know that every coach wishes they would have handled it all differently now.  But, a lifetime sentence for a coach that has been dedicated to this team since these boys were 5 yrs old, is a little to much.  He is a good man, a good father, husband & coach.  He has never even had a complaint on him.  But his punishment is just to extreme when he was not the only one involved.  What good comes from this..??  He can never coach his son again or a team that loves him and cares for him...  The whole family is hurting over this.  NO ONE can say what they would do until they are put in the situation.  I don't think alot of men would let another man speak to their family the way that BC coach did..  If you need to do something as a Board then do something that will make a difference in someones life.  There are all kind of alternatives.  Suspension, community service, counseling could be a start....  Please don't judge a book by it's cover.  All the coaches have reasons why they did what they did.  I'm sure they would take it back in a second if they could, but, now we all have to move on....

No, it's a very fair sentence.  He should not be involved in this league again, and I'm glad to hear he won't be.  It's great that he's dedicated all this time to these boys, but he ought to have had the common sense and self control to know when doing something could lead to this type of punishment.  Heck, just wait until the game is over and settle it in the parking lot, or EVEN better, be a real man and settle it without a fight.  How much of what he's taught these children was undone when they witnessed what he did?  He may have never had a complaint against him before, but he crossed a line that 99.9 little league coaches would never cross, and now he's got to pay the price.

Has anyone really sat back and thought about the whole situation?  It was a bad deal all around for both sides.  I know that every coach wishes they would have handled it all differently now.  But, a lifetime sentence for a coach that has been dedicated to this team since these boys were 5 yrs old, is a little to much.  He is a good man, a good father, husband & coach.  He has never even had a complaint on him.  But his punishment is just to extreme when he was not the only one involved.  What good comes from this..??  He can never coach his son again or a team that loves him and cares for him...  The whole family is hurting over this.  NO ONE can say what they would do until they are put in the situation.  I don't think a lot of men would let another man speak to their family the way that BC coach did..  If you need to do something as a Board then do something that will make a difference in someones life.  There are all kind of alternatives.  Suspension, community service, counseling could be a start....  Please don't judge a book by it's cover.  All the coaches have reasons why they did what they did.  I'm sure they would take it back in a second if they could, but, now we all have to move on....

Unfortunately, everyone who post comments here gets in their "righteous mode" and forgets people are human. They don't look at who started the conflict, only who reacted to that conflict. I agree banned for life does not fit the crime, but it appears everyone is in political mode right now. After reading all the post, it appears no one has ever made a mistake before. I hope all the wives and girlfriends of all the male posters realize that if they are ever called a horrible name (the "B" word) or pushed to the ground by someone, their husbands and boyfriends will walk away and not react. They will do this because if they react, it will become their fault and not the person who started it. Maybe the STJFL will review ALL the tapes out there and reconsider. The coach you speak of is a great DAD and reacted in the wrong way, but I would protect my family if I had to. (And so would most people that will not admit it to be politically correct).

Heck, just wait until the game is over and settle it in the parking lot

Wow, from a moderator...thanks Bullets13.......Finally someone admits that they may react with violence when a family member is insulted or assualted...(yes, a push down would be considered assualt!)

you're taking half of a sentence, and reading it out of context.  I'm not condoning violence, or saying that i would react that way.  my whole statement was "Heck, just wait until the game is over and settle it in the parking lot, or EVEN better, be a real man and settle it without a fight."  the point of that was that  violence is the not the right answer here, but if you're going to be dumb enough to fight, take it out back rather than fighting in front of the kids.

Heck, just wait until the game is over and settle it in the parking lot

Wow, from a moderator...thanks Bullets13.......Finally someone admits that they may react with violence when a family member is insulted or assaulted...(yes, a push down would be considered assault!)

you're taking half of a sentence, and reading it out of context.  I'm not condoning violence, or saying that i would react that way.  my whole statement was "Heck, just wait until the game is over and settle it in the parking lot, or EVEN better, be a real man and settle it without a fight."  the point of that was that violence is the not the right answer here, but if you're going to be dumb enough to fight, take it out back rather than fighting in front of the kids.

I took half the sentence to prove a point. I have said in previous post that fighting in front of the kids was wrong. With that said, sometimes you can push someone to breaking point. I wish he would of taken it in the parking lot. There would of been several advantages to that.  However, not enough focus is put on the one who started it. The guy that initially put his finger in the chest of one of the Lumberton board members. This guy is flying under the radar. Too much time is focused on talking about how wrong it was versus trying to find out what really happened.

This is not the first time I have heard about BC Bing in A Brawl at A little league game. I think It was in 2002 or 2003 A BC man punched A girl on the side lines of A football game Against I think it was Deweyville , But the man got beat down by A lady with an umbrella then he was arrested. The reason I bring this up is  maybee BC has A problem keeping there cool At little league games. Does any body else Know of any Brawls Lumberton has ever been involved in at A little league game besides this one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder