Lumberton Raiders

Matt

This spring I noted that if L-Town had another great year they had better open the checkbook---I was roundly chastized for that statement.

Well here we are---Lumberton pay the man or he may be on the way to.......The Reservation.

i think they are crazy if they don't if/when this comes up.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Cherokee playing :o :o :o :o

B.M.F. ..... Maybe Dayton should try and get him, then you might be able to win a game in which you weren't favored by 40

have y'all EVER been favored by 40?

you beat me to it!!

ok so I exaggerated a bit .. how about 20 or 10, my point was yall always have the most talent on the field in district games and yall win those games handily with the exception of that one we want talk about. But how you do win the talent is even or you are the underdog tells me more about your coach. I submit to you that Lumberton ( under Coach C ) has won more games in which they have had less or equal talent than Dayton under Coach S. But that could change this year, Most are picking Everman ( spelling ? ) to win this year so beat them.

B.M.F. ..... Maybe Dayton should try and get him, then you might be able to win a game in which you weren't favored by 40

you beat me to it!!

ok so I exaggerated a bit .. how about 20 or 10, my point was yall always have the most talent on the field in district games and yall win those games handily with the exception of that one we want talk about. But how you do win the talent is even or you are the underdog tells me more about your coach. I submit to you that Lumberton ( under Coach C ) has won more games in which they have had less or equal talent than Dayton under Coach S. But that could change this year, Most are picking Everman ( spelling ? ) to win this year so beat them.

we don't have to win it all for stewart to be a good coach...

coach stewart has been here a lot longer than the past two years. I'd be willing to bet there are quite a few that we weren't supposed to win. we'll start with PNG and Kilgore in '98? Typically, the teams that knock us out of the playoffs(when it really matters) go on to big things in the playoffs. (ie. Bay city-2x, La Marque, LT, even Nederland)

I don't want to make this thread about dayton though.... go raiders ;)

you beat me to it!!

coach stewart has been here a lot longer than the past two years. I'd be willing to bet there are quite a few that we weren't supposed to win. we'll start with PNG and Kilgore in '98?

I'm sure your right.. Just messing with my buddy B.M.F.... go broncos

you beat me to it!!

coach stewart has been here a lot longer than the past two years. I'd be willing to bet there are quite a few that we weren't supposed to win. we'll start with PNG and Kilgore in '98?

I'm sure your right.. Just messing with my buddy B.M.F.... go broncos

I see... BMF has made a lot of friends around here. ;D ;D

Ive been reading various comments reffering to "Lumberton not being the doormat of the district" "It takes more than two years to know if your good or not" etc...Lumberton has been overall, pretty bad, but if you were to do a lil research, or just ask our coaching staff, you would find a winning record about 5 years in a row in the late 90's. Lumberton went 8-2 twice when only one team was taken to the playoffs. This was during Jaspers hayday. We had winning records in 02-04, just never made playoffs. What im saying is that our sucess has came and gone over the years, we were never great but were not a doormat by any means

Ive been reading various comments reffering to "Lumberton not being the doormat of the district" "It takes more than two years to know if your good or not" etc...Lumberton has been overall, pretty bad, but if you were to do a lil research, or just ask our coaching staff, you would find a winning record about 5 years in a row in the late 90's. Lumberton went 8-2 twice when only one team was taken to the playoffs. This was during Jaspers hayday. We had winning records in 02-04, just never made playoffs. What im saying is that our sucess has came and gone over the years, we were never great but were not a doormat by any means

Don't kid yourself bud. Lumberton was a doormat  under fuller.

Just one little correction there bud, at least two teams have been going to the play-offs since I was in school and back  then they had to dodge dinosaur dung, the last 8 nd 2 season L-Town had was the year before the UIL went to 3 play-off teams.

Just one little correction there bud, at least two teams have been going to the play-offs since I was in school and back  then they had to dodge dinosaur dung, the last 8 nd 2 season L-Town had was the year before the UIL went to 3 play-off teams.

That was when they(lumberton) couldn't get by NEWTON and H.F !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(91'-93') I believe that was the years

I'm sure Coach Creadur loves Lumberton and the people but the administration has to make a comitment. last year when the bond issue came up their was a big ZERO dollars for athletics. Yet there was 6 million for an auditoriam. Its not all about the money its about everyone being commited and wanting to move forward like Dayton, Nederland and PNG. those schools are commited from top to bottom. Lumberton has the smallest athletic budget in the district. If things dont change from that stand point and he keeps winning do yall honestly think that Lumberton will be able to keep Coach Creadur or anyone else on that staff if things dont change?

I hate to get involved in the coach discussion (who's going where, etc.) but a point was made earlier about "showing the man the money". I'm just curious. About 10 years ago, I remember the Enterprise put out a list of salaries for the area and Lumberton was among the lowest at $42,000 per year. I believe the highest in Texas was the position at Stephenville at around $82,000 and, Wachoviak (may be misspelled) at Jasper in the 70's. Just curious if Lumberton is still the lowest paid position in the area.

I hate to get involved in the coach discussion (who's going where, etc.) but a point was made earlier about "showing the man the money". I'm just curious. About 10 years ago, I remember the Enterprise put out a list of salaries for the area and Lumberton was among the lowest at $42,000 per year. I believe the highest in Texas was the position at Stephenville at around $82,000 and, Wachoviak (may be misspelled) at Jasper in the 70's. Just curious if Lumberton is still the lowest paid position in the area.

Lumberton does in fact, have the lowest paid teachers in the area.  However, I don't think that's enough information for any of us to speculate on how much Credeur is paid.  There's a lot more to job satisfaction than money, but I guess some people haven't figured that out.

Lumberton does in fact, have the lowest paid teachers in the area.  However, I don't think that's enough information for any of us to speculate on how much Credeur is paid.  There's a lot more to job satisfaction than money, but I guess some people haven't figured that out.

Lumberton may have the lowest paid teachers in their district but not in this area..Buna, Kirbyville, Warren, ect., have way lower district pay scales.  As for job satisfaction over money, money usually wins.  Why does Lumberton have such a high turnover in teachers???? Money!!!!

Lumberton may have the lowest paid teachers in their district but not in this area..Buna, Kirbyville, Warren, ect., have way lower district pay scales.  As for job satisfaction over money, money usually wins.  Why does Lumberton have such a high turnover in teachers???? Money!!!!

And yet ... there are many who have been here for years and years and wouldn't be anywhere else. 

I'm sorry...In my post, I forgot to mention that the article I saw (10 years ago) was limited to area 4A/5A schools. I don't think there's any question that many of the smaller schools in the area don't pay what the larger schools do. Although I doubt Hooks/Barbay are hurting at their "small" schools. Like one person said above, and with whom I agree, money is not everything but it's also not a low priority for most people who scrimp and save to make ends meet. The most enjoyable, satisfying job I ever had was also the lowest paying (sportswriter). I'm no longer doing that because money, although not the most important thing to me, was the most important thing to Entergy, SW Bell, DirectTV, etc. So, let's not criticize a coach for going where the money is. That doesn't necessarily make him/her a sale out. He may love the community and the kids but a little "expendable" income is a nice thing to.

I'm sorry...In my post, I forgot to mention that the article I saw (10 years ago) was limited to area 4A/5A schools. I don't think there's any question that many of the smaller schools in the area don't pay what the larger schools do. Although I doubt Hooks/Barbay are hurting at their "small" schools. Like one person said above, and with whom I agree, money is not everything but it's also not a low priority for most people who scrimp and save to make ends meet. The most enjoyable, satisfying job I ever had was also the lowest paying (sportswriter). I'm no longer doing that because money, although not the most important thing to me, was the most important thing to Entergy, SW Bell, DirectTV, etc. So, let's not criticize a coach for going where the money is. That doesn't necessarily make him/her a sale out. He may love the community and the kids but a little "expendable" income is a nice thing to.

I hardly think Credeur is scraping to get by.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder