Lumberton vs. Nederland Predictions?

The best offense is a good defense. Lumberton is yet to allow more than 20 points in a game this season. I believe we can at least hold Ned's offense enough to score more than them. It may come to intangables such as Spec. teams where Central was able to run a kick back and a pick 6 on us for two of their 3 td's.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best offense is a good defense. Lumberton is yet to allow more than 20 points in a game this season. I believe we can at least hold Ned's offense enough to score more than them. It may come to intangables such as Spec. teams where Central was able to run a kick back and a pick 6 on us for two of their 3 td's.

Hmmmm....I'm still going to go with the best offense is a good offense...call me crazy.  Someone give me a quick rundown of the base offense/defense for each of these teams and the key players (by number please).  Nederland runs the spread and then hopes the other team fumbles on defense from what I've heard on this board.  Lumberton grinds it out in the I formation and has a tough run d out of a base 4-3.  Is that about right or have things changed from last year?

Guest 87CRU79

Since Nederland has been playnig teams that run the old school Wishbone and Wing T offenses, Big Ned has been playing more of a 5-3 w/ the D-Line lining up w/ a NT over the Center, 2 DT "5 Techs" over the tackles,  and 2 DE "9 Techs" over the TE's. Mike LB is stacked over the nose while the Sam and Will are playing the uncovered B gaps. Secondary is mostly playing Cover 3, giving the receivers (if any) TONS of cushion.

Running that style of D forces the offense to make plays by popping it outside. Unfortunately for Ned, WOS, Central, and Livingston had speed to burn. Leaving them susceptable to being beat to the boundary and the ball being taken for 6

For Nederland players to watch are #2, Nederland's version of the Tyler Rose.  #21 will be the best skill player on the field, Asa Cardenas.  QB Bellows is a gunslinger, he and Cardenas when they decide to do their thing are close to unstoppable, they made Vidor look lost last week.  Huber #56, the Baylor commit is a very good offensive lineman, #7 Brady is kind of like Bernard Berrian, gonna beat you deep every now and again, but disappears at times.  #5/#4 Vidrine/Salenga, Nederlands slot receivers, sleep on them and they'll kill you, Vidrine was the kid that broke open the PNG game.

Since Nederland has been playnig teams that run the old school Wishbone and Wing T offenses, Big Ned has been playing more of a 5-3 w/ the D-Line lining up w/ a NT over the Center, 2 DT "5 Techs" over the tackles,  and 2 DE "9 Techs" over the TE's. Mike LB is stacked over the nose while the Sam and Will are playing the uncovered B gaps. Secondary is mostly playing Cover 3, giving the receivers (if any) TONS of cushion.

Running that style of D forces the offense to make plays by popping it outside. Unfortunately for Ned, WOS, Central, and Livingston had speed to burn. Leaving them susceptable to being beat to the boundary and the ball being taken for 6

Pardon my ignorance of football jargon, but what do the boldface terms mean??

Guest 87CRU79

Sorry, couldn't help myself, old habits die hard, ya know?

When you stack 8 in the box and play from the inside out, your outside is very vulnerable if you don't have the athletes who possess recovery speed. Teams that have run up the middle on Nederland have not had much success. But the teams that can run fake dives and bust the outside run on Ned have been very successful. The D has one week to learn the philosophy of "11 Gold Hats to the Football" before playoffs start, and hopefully the Dogs can aborb it and take it into the playoffs!

The best thing Ned can do to win is keep the ball out of Lumberton hands which isnt happening. Lumberton will grind out 6-7 mins per possesion and has no problem stuffing the run w/ beard, hanna, duvall, and murril. I predict at least 3 pics from our db's, idk where to find high school stats, but we HAVE to lead the district in picks. Hanna and Kieth are very capable of taking kicks back as well

their is a whole lot of immature people on here. >:( both these teams are great!! i think nederland has no class and talks alot smack.. and im dissapointed in some of the lumberton fans! seroiusly! your giving us a bad name! beard will do great but he will not be at his best. hanna will do great as always. asher will do good as always (remember hes ONLY a sophmore people!) nederlands runningback is good but not better than our 3. nederlands QB is better than L-towns ill give them that. lumberton fans instead of showing no class you need to cheer on our boys! they need it for this game badly!

not because im a raiderfan but because overall i think our boys have more heart and strength, i say lumberton will win easily by a touchdown! if they are at their best. but nederland is going to be very tough to beat!

GOODLUCK! TO BOTH TEAMS!

It signifies where the d-lineman is positioned (technique).  a head up nose is a zero technique, a five is an outside eye or shoulder of the offensive tackle, a 9 tech is outside shade of a tight end

I thought a 5 was outside shoulder of the guard and 9 was outside shoulder of the tackle.  Depends on the system I guess but I can live with that...thanks for the scouting reports as well.

Hmmmm....I'm still going to go with the best offense is a good offense...call me crazy.  Someone give me a quick rundown of the base offense/defense for each of these teams and the key players (by number please).  Nederland runs the spread and then hopes the other team fumbles on defense from what I've heard on this board.  Lumberton grinds it out in the I formation and has a tough run d out of a base 4-3.  Is that about right or have things changed from last year?

Just so you guys know we are honest, actually Vidor scored 27 on us, but of course, everyone has their off nights.

Guest 87CRU79

It signifies where the d-lineman is positioned (technique).  a head up nose is a zero technique, a five is an outside eye or shoulder of the offensive tackle, a 9 tech is outside shade of a tight end

I thought a 5 was outside shoulder of the guard and 9 was outside shoulder of the tackle.  Depends on the system I guess but I can live with that...thanks for the scouting reports as well.

0 = Head up on the center

1 = outside of the shoulder of the center

3 = outside of the shoulder of the guard

5 = outside of the shoulder of the tackle

9 = outside of the shoulder of the TE

You are correct rollinac

For Nederland players to watch are #2, Nederland's version of the Tyler Rose.  #21 will be the best skill player on the field, Asa Cardenas.  QB Bellows is a gunslinger, he and Cardenas when they decide to do their thing are close to unstoppable, they made Vidor look lost last week.  Huber #56, the Baylor commit is a very good offensive lineman, #7 Brady is kind of like Bernard Berrian, gonna beat you deep every now and again, but disappears at times.  #5/#4 Vidrine/Salenga, Nederlands slot receivers, sleep on them and they'll kill you, Vidrine was the kid that broke open the PNG game.

Penny, from what I hear the "best skill player on the field" may not be on the field Friday.

Penny, from what I hear the "best skill player on the field" may not be on the field Friday.

Injury or disciplinary reasons?

You are kinda correct the best skill player will not be in Blk&Gld but they do have some great Players from big Ned. Probably the 2 best players in this game will show up on a Train Fr. Night. Not taking anything away from the Ned. Rout Runners but they may touch the ball half as much as Hanna or Beard on a average night and then on Def these same 2 young men may lead the team in Tackles. This should be a great game!!! Good Luck to Both teams it will be fun to watch the Ned off go against the Train Def.

No offense, but that is kinda hard to believe. Makes me wonder if this is a trick or something, maybe he will be wearing a different number as a disguise? Who else? man they must have messed up pretty bad? I figured the coach could take care of the disciplinary part of it and maybe run them till they puke , then run them some more.

I have been watching the Ned- Vidor game and that Grogan looks tough!! The no. 7 receiver looks good too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder