HJ vs. Silsbee Predictions?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im goin to say hj of course...our defense is goin to shut down silsbee i think

Since I called it last week, HJ wouldn't score against WOS, and I said that HJ had won their last game of the year when they beat HF, I guess I still have no crow to eat?? Now you HJ fans can celebrate for making the playoffs since it is official, congratualtions!, But I will stand behind my statement they will not win again this year. They may be able to score once against Silsbee, but that would be it. Silsbee 35 - HJ 7.

8)

im goin to say hj of course...our defense is goin to shut down silsbee i think

Since I called it last week, HJ wouldn't score against WOS, and I said that HJ had won their last game of the year when they beat HF, I guess I still have no crow to eat?? Now you HJ fans can celebrate for making the playoffs since it is official, congratualtions!, But I will stand behind my statement they will not win again this year. They may be able to score once against Silsbee, but that would be it. Silsbee 35 - HJ 7.

8)

;D ;D ;D

Hey AAW, I was at the Silsbee HF game last Friday, and I must say I approve of the song the band plays when Silsbee scores.  ;)  Heard it quite a bit too

Yes, you got to love that tune. If you are home this Friday night, listen to our broadcast of the HJ-Silsbee game. I always start our broadcast off with that song, the original version. Pregame will start at 7pm. Tune in. :)

I like that tune Silsbee plays ( Lol!! ) reminds me of Texas A&M

Horndawg, you should have come up to the broadcast table. We were right amongst the longhorn fans. ;D

So you and tigersvoice were the two at the setx table I saw close to the press box?  I was going to go up, but didn't want to interrupt your broadcast.

Yes, that was us at our makeshift broadcast booth. We here at Setxsports go to great lengths to get some of these games on the web. ;) You should have come up, always like putting a face with the names.

I have seen both teams in person, and from what I have seen this game will not be that close. Silsbee has to much size and speed for HJ. Take away a few key errors on HF's part they might have beat HJ, can not say the same for the Silsbee game. IMO, Silsbee will dominate HJ from start to finish.

Silsbee - 35

HJ - 14

Well I guess we will just have to play the game anyway. Silsbee does have a good team no doubt about it, but we have beaten them before when we were supposedly overmatched. The fact is that Silsbee has had bigger and faster teams than us before, but we still have beat them. For some of you prophets to come on here and say it wont be close just wait for the game and see. The Hawks will be ready to play.

Both teams are in the playoffs and regardless of who wins it does not change the standings in district as far as seeding goes.  However it would mean a 3 way tie for first in district!!!!  All that really matters is that HJ, Silsbee and WOS come out of this weeks game healthy and ready for the playoffs!!!  Good luck to all 3 schools and make SE Texas proud, I will be pulling for all 3!!!!!!!

Just a Little bit of relative-love from nostradamus to Lazeek  ;) . I think HJ will play a good game this week against Silsbee as well. They need a few players to step up big this week, but mainly overall just need to keep the players healthy for Silsbee and HJ. I think Silsbee is a good team for HJ to end the season anyways and get ready for Cleveland!! They are going down.

Well I guess we will just have to play the game anyway. Silsbee does have a good team no doubt about it, but we have beaten them before when we were supposedly overmatched. The fact is that Silsbee has had bigger and faster teams than us before, but we still have beat them. For some of you prophets to come on here and say it wont be close just wait for the game and see. The Hawks will be ready to play.

when has hj ever beat silsbee in football?

when has hj ever beat silsbee in football?

They beat us in 2005...but I don't really remember any times other than that. I'm fairly young so I haven't seen a lot of silsbee-hj match ups.

Silsbee and HJ have played six games as far as I can remember. Silsbee winning four and HJ winning two. They played twice in 4A and four times in 3A, never outside of district nor in the play-offs. Silsbee has a huge advanage in scoring with 146 for (24.2 avg) and 51 against (8.3 avg).

Year      Silsbee     HJ

1996        42          0

1997         0          10

2004        40         19

2005         0          12

2006        28          3

2007        36          7

It wasn't a cheap shot... it was football......  don't mistake an unfortunate incident with someone taking a cheapshot.  This stuff happens.  Smith will have to step up and Leger will be ready for Cleveland.

EASY NOW, TAKE IT FROM ME, YOU DON'T DARE HAVE ANYTHING REMOTELY NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT THE EVIL EMPIRE.

jake leger number 50 for hj and their center is out this week witha torn acl after a cheap shot from wos players if you belive me ill show you film

"torn acl"  can you be back "next week"???? :'(

It wasn't a cheap shot... it was football......  don't mistake an unfortunate incident with someone taking a cheapshot.  This stuff happens.  Smith will have to step up and Leger will be ready for Cleveland.

EASY NOW, TAKE IT FROM ME, YOU DON'T DARE HAVE ANYTHING REMOTELY NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT THE EVIL EMPIRE.

jake leger number 50 for hj and their center is out this week witha torn acl after a cheap shot from wos players if you belive me ill show you film

Guest Silsbee88

Not possible to be back with "torn ACL" in two weeks.............

actually it is possible. he is a center, he does very little lateral movement. and the thing is, is its not torn in half. its just a partial tear. the doctor ordered him a special brace for it. his doctor is my cousin who also did surgery on my knee my junior year. so thats how i know. but jake can decide whether he wants to play or not in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder