Bi-District..who gets Dayton?

B.M.F.

The golden triangle wanted Dayton out of 20 4a,as the broncos both years took the top spot.Well you got your wish-Buttttttttttt playoffs still come thru  Dayton,who still has the very best coaching staff & 10 yrs.playoffs to back it up.In 10 years rarely have the broncos had to come from behind to win and when they did lose it was a case of their own miscues(turnovers}that was the culprit.Just like last years early loss-this years early loss to ranked Friendswood was the same senario.Showing improvement every week the Broncos again prove they are headed for possible second chance @ Austin Lake Travis.After all it boils down to what teams peak out toward the end of the season and early game losses do not have very much clout except for rankings which do not mean anything in HS football as their is no number 1-20 school rankings like college.The Broncos younger JV team was undefeated until a few weeks ago their RB a speedster moved up to varsity and had 56 yds.in 6 carries in his debut,so Dayton's future looks strong again as the tradition continues.Proven coaching records of Dayton,West Orange,Newton,and a few others continue to set the standard year after year.

Your right Dayton's defense isn't as good as last years -its shaping up to be even better !!! Did you see #42 against GP ?  He's a  proverbial monster on a mission . This year we have fewer players playing both side of the ball,were also bigger,taller, faster and deeper on both sides of the ball than last yrs impressive team. Two and out in post-season now that's funny !!!

BTW... Austin Lake Travis will go D1 most likely. Dayton won't see them this year since our enrollment is the 2nd smallest in the district.

I bet people in Dayton are thanking the good Lord for this.

nah... To be "the man"... you have to beat "the man". I like knowing that we got beat by the best if we had to go down. IMO, Div. I last year was a much easier road all the way through the Championship because of the lack of really good passing teams i.e. highland park and LT. Dayton fares better against run oriented teams as most do. Call me crazy, but I think we would have had a shot at the D1 title.

BTW... Austin Lake Travis will go D1 most likely. Dayton won't see them this year since our enrollment is the 2nd smallest in the district.

nah... To be "the man"... you have to beat "the man". I like knowing that we got beat by the best if we had to go down. IMO, Div. I last year was a much easier road all the way through the Championship because of the lack of really good passing teams i.e. highland park and LT. Dayton fares better against run oriented teams as most do. Call me crazy, but I think we would have had a shot at the D1 title.

everyone has a shot... but what are the odds?  I would love for Nederland to play them in round 1 and get some revenge for the 63-0 beatdown last year... other than Nederland beating yall, I hope yall do win it all.

everyone has a shot... but what are the odds?  I would love for Nederland to play them in round 1 and get some revenge for the 63-0 beatdown last year... other than Nederland beating yall, I hope yall do win it all.

I meant a better shot... the odds would have been better due to the presence of mostly run-based teams. I hope Ned makes the playoffs. they will be D1 if they do though and won't see dayton.

it is about who is the best towards the end of the regular season.Cronicle has friendswood still at #1 after losing to angleton and beating Manvel by 1 in a comeback to win game and has struggled lately.Boils down to turnovers,penalities,returns,and who can put up points with each possession.Defenses can give up points if the offense can score more points.Look at UT longhorns for example.And yes WOS has beaten Dayton many times but this year the Broncos put one on them in a scrimmage.Was not even close.They also have probably one of the best coaches in texas also.I like WOS alot and will pull for them and their long playoff record is amazing {except against my former Dayton High}Good luck to all in the days ahead,play hard,safe,and GOD bless ya'll for 6.00 tickets to see some of the best football in S.E.TEXAS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder