Preview for 09 High School Baseball

Over in Vidor I would have to say 1. Hester 2. Sims - Of the pitchers they have these two seem to have the tools and experience over the others.  Losing Robicheau to graduation was a big loss in Pirate Land.  I'm not really sure who else will be pitching, I've heard Bruce and Griffin's names thrown out there.  Beyond that, I'm not sure.

I'm really not very familiar with the staffs of the other teams in the area.  I know PNG and Ozen both lost their big arms to graduation last year.  Who will fill those shoes?

I'm with you Admin., Spring cant get here fast enough.  My oldest boy is just going to his second year of Coach Pitch (Pinto 8yr old), and I look forward to Spring baseball like kids look forward to Santa.

WO-S. Probably down to 2 seniors that Will be one and two but they will have a pretty deep staff this year with several underclassmen looking good. Looks like Seniors Cody Hodge and Taylor Bonnin will be the go-to guys. Both are big ,strong and have good control.

WO-S. Probably down to 2 seniors that Will be one and two but they will have a pretty deep staff this year with several underclassmen looking good. Looks like Seniors Cody Hodge and Taylor Bonnin will be the go-to guys. Both are big ,strong and have good control.

hodge will be the number one but i dont think bonnin will be the number two.

that will be between probably taylor turley, who moved from orangefield this year, and two sophomores zane anderson and jordan darnall.

they will defenitely be much deeper in pitching this year than the last.

Barbers Hill graduated all 4 of their starting pitchers from last year ( Thamm-Angelina, Hales-Texas A & M, Silva-San Jac, and Kelley-Galveston ). However, there are some solid arms that have been waiting. I'd look for seniors Jay Burditt ( RH-mid 80's, good curve, great athlete ) and Alex Rocha ( tall righthander 6'4", mid-upper 80's ) to lead the BH pitching staff this year. Also, senior Matt Peterson and junior Michael Bounds should see time on the bump.

I would predict that Kirby Bellow will be the #1 for Nederland:  2008 stats:  4-2 record with 1 save as a sophomore; batters averaged .159 against him; 55 Ks; around a 1.4 era.

The #2 is a toss up between Josh Dean and Cody Laird:

Josh Dean:  2-3 record with 1 save; batters averaged .180 against him; 29 Ks; around 4.0 era.  Showed best stuff against PNG last year.  At least one of the losses he suffered in 2008 was due to lack of run support.  Good fastball in the high 80s.

Cody Laird:  3-2 record with 1 save; batters averaged .175 against him; 25 Ks; around a 2.0 era.  He is a different style than Dean with good off speed pitches making his fastball effective.

With Ryan Brady, Conrad roberts, and up and coming pitchers like Jacob Pitts(Sophomore), Ben Jones(Sophomore), and Ryan Quinn(Sophomore) the Dogs should have a solid and deep pitching staff.   

Guest gladiator2

PNG lost Harrington which is a big loss but they are loaded for this year. Finding enough innings to go around might be hard. They will about 9 quality arms. I would say the top 4 will be:

Chris Sweetingham

Kane Benoit

Matt Woods

Jerrin Spikes

That is 4 bigtime arms not naming the others because a few are Juniors and may be on the JV due to needing other position players. They have their whole team back except for Carnahan and Harrington. It should be a great season!! I can't wait!!!

Huffman's #1 will be Tommy henk 7-1 last year only lost was to the 5A regional finalist westside.  He throws mid to upper 80s with great controll of all pitches including a nasty knuckle ball and change up.

The #2 will be Blane Hashagen 3-2 last year as a sophomore. only lost to Barbers hill and LCM. Also throws mid to upper 80s with good controll has a great 12-6 curve ball.

Huffman's problem this year will be replacing the hitting and defence. we lost 4 out of our top 5 hitters including two Houston area all stars, Our entire out field and left side of the infield including the two time district 21-4a defensive MVP. Desipte these losses huffman should be very strong this year.

Well for HJ we lost some really good pitchers last year but we have some good talent coming up this year so its hard to say who are number 1 or 2 will be.

seth means and josh denton and alfaro

Yea those are the senior pitchers but you also have like three new junoir pitchers coming up like Eric Godeaux, Thomas Derrick, and Philip Ricossa.

Well for HJ we lost some really good pitchers last year but we have some good talent coming up this year so its hard to say who are number 1 or 2 will be.

Yea those are the senior pitchers but you also have like three new junoir pitchers coming up like Eric Godeaux, Thomas Derrick, and Philip Ricossa.

the question was who is going to be the top pitchers

the question was who is going to be the top pitchers

yea i know im just saying all those guys you said are seniors and just because there seniors doesnt automatically mean there gonna be the top pitchers...im just saying its too early to tell also none of those senior pitchers really overpower the junior pitchers so its hard to say...we'll see when the season rolls around =)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder