lumberton vs. ozen predictions

slick74

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Qb is weakest part of Lumbertons offense.

Hughes is just a sophmore. There will be growing pains. I agree we need some sort of passing threat. However, we are relatively young with several sophmores playing. Not much was expected of Lumberton this year. I think coach creduer is doing a great job with what he has. Granted we will get better, don't raise your expectations based on the success obtained with raw unproven talent.

Hughes is just a sophmore. There will be growing pains. I agree we need some sort of passing threat. However, we are relatively young with several sophmores playing. Not much was expected of Lumberton this year. I think coach creduer is doing a great job with what he has. Granted we will get better, don't raise your expectations based on the success obtained with raw unproven talent.

smart move by coach creduer starting Hughes. the naysayers will be glad he did the next two years. Just trust that he will progress throughout the year. also, there is not as much pressure with hanna and beard in the backfield.

smart move by coach creduer starting Hughes. the naysayers will be glad he did the next two years. Just trust that he will progress throughout the year. also, there is not as much pressure with hanna and beard in the backfield.

I agree about Hughes, dayton.

And, we have Asher, who is also a soph this year, who has had some good carries. His experience this year will help next year when Hanna is gone.

this game should be interesting.  Lumberton's defense was fantastic this past week against central, but if Ozen does their homework and comes up with a good gameplan, the should be able to move the ball.  i'm going to have to pick lumberton, but Ozen is more than capable of beating this team. 

Raiders will need some sort of passing game to keep Ozen of balance on defense....It might just be me,but if things don't improve a little I

might let the Senior Duvall get some reps in at QB...Heck I think he can complete some 10 yard passes...

L-TRAIN WINS this ONE........by double-didgets....

Any thoughts at QB Raider fans?

I think Hughes has already shown he can throw the short passes and long passes.  He had 63 and 69 yard TD passes against Livingston.  He also runs the ball effectively.  How about a little blocking!!!!!  There's no pick in the Central game if he had that.  The replay clearly shows Jags hitting him in the back as he threw the ball.  When Livingston was keying on our RBs, it was Hughes who opened it up with the running, then he lit them up through the air.  I say keep him and Lumberton will be a better team now and in the future.  We do need more balance on offense, but we need Duvall on defense, he is awesome.  Let Creauder do his job and you do yours!!!

I think Hughes has already shown he can throw the short passes and long passes.  He had 63 and 69 yard TD passes against Livingston.  He also runs the ball effectively.  How about a little blocking!!!!!  There's no pick in the Central game if he had that.  The replay clearly shows Jags hitting him in the back as he threw the ball.  When Livingston was keying on our RBs, it was Hughes who opened it up with the running, then he lit them up through the air.  I say keep him and Lumberton will be a better team now and in the future.  We do need more balance on offense, but we need Duvall on defense, he is awesome.  Let Creauder do his job and you do yours!!!  ;) ;) :o :o

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

If the boys come out to play like they did against Livingston & Central, Lumberton should win. If they play like they did against Vidor, especially the 2nd half... I don't know, I think it would be a close one if that happens. But, being homecoming and a home game with the crowd into the game, I think the Raiders roll. We shall see!

Guest BIG HOUSE

On the QB topic...I was not saying that Hughes is not a good QB..All I was refering to is the fact Lumberton used 2-QB's last season in some situations.

dayton- is correct, starting Hughes is a great move for the future by the coaching staff. Hughes will be a very good QB in the next couple years..All I am saying is that in certain situations I think Duvall(BIGGER,TRONGER,FASTER) could be used to help our offense..Short passes and running plays for QB.No matter how you look at this Duvall's running ability is far superior to Hughes.......As far as Hughes being a runner, yea rite ::)

I feel that the coaches are doing a good job(except Vidor)....

Hughes accuatly runs the option better than Duvall. The Lumberton coachs work 7 days a week during football season. They film every practice and after practice is over they watch the practice. There is 5 guys on the offensive side of the ball so if those 5 guys have not decided to put a guy in a certain place then there is a reason and its ussually a very good reason. Last year they did put Aaron Creadur in to run acouple different plays because he read the play as good as anyone. No one on the team right now could come close to running the play like he did. second he was already in the game so you could just swap him and Dejohn and teams didnt have time to personel against it. I trust the coaches I think you should too.

And please explain to me how they did a bad job against Vidor??? They ran an offensive set they havent ever ran and it was great against Vidor. to me it looked like the kids came out flat and didnt play well in the second half. I even talked to a few players and they say the samething. The defense played great in the first half too. Seriously some of you drive me crazy. Is it your fault everytime your kid makes a mistake in school?

I agree and Dis-agree. I have watched both of these kids play for years. IMO I think Duvall is the better runner I think he runs the option great, with that said you cant argue with the success that Hughes has had in the past and present.

Now the Vidor game!!!!!! When Vidor blitzed on every play we never made an adjustment so I agree with BigHouse I think we were out coached but I would take our staff over any other. Think back a year ago. REMEMBER the 8-7 score. If we go for 2 there and dont make it we lose and people question the call. Instead we go for 2 and make it and people say what a gutsy great call it was.

I would like to see K D get the chance to run the ball more but I respect the Coaches and will back them forever.

A year ago I said we had a great coaching staff and a great HC and people jumped on me because they said he had done nothing but win JV games. Well in the 2nd year I think people can see coach C has turned our team around.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS FRIDAY!!!!!

I predict a heavy dose of Beard on anyone how comes out of Ozens backfield... The Bruising attack of Hanna... And the superior coaaching staff of Lumberton in this one...  The only way Ozen has a chance is through the air... And they will try just that...  28-21 Lumberton.

Seems like Livingston tried that recipe, how many times were they intercepted?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw