Best RB To Come Out Of Nederland?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

The difference between Troy and Micah is that one man could not tackle Troy. It took a gang to gradually slow him down and then use more weight than his legs could lift to get a knee to touch.. He was a human bulldozer. Micah is QUICK and he is FAST and he gets the tough yards but he is not hard to tackle once you wrap him up even in the open field. Once he is wrapped up he usually goes down. He will buckle and fall, Troy would not EVER give in. Troy ran like if his knee touched the ground his heart would stop beating,, That is how hard he ran on every single down and he NEVER let up for 1 second in any game, ever that I saw. His intensity and determination never stopped.

.. Micah is great in a different way but I cannot truthfully say that one was better then the other, if you force me to choose at gunpoint I would reluctantly say Sumrall but its a close call.

Ross was FAST and he had a dominating line.. He could really turn the corner I tell you...WOW..

The closest I have seen to compare to Sumrall was the kid from Schertz Clemens that ran against PNG in 1999, he ran very similarly to Sumrall but he was it.. They had a little scat back and no passing game so PNG took them in one of the best HSFB games I have ever personally witnessed.

I will say this... There is NO doubt Mosely and Gutierrezz are one of the greatest 1-2 combinations of a true tailback/fullback that I have witnessed in highschool football,, ever.

Troy was a Bull no doubt!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Butler was a WR/KR/PR.  He was the fastest player on that team. 

He would have been the fastest on a lot of teams. I don't remember many (or any) people catching him in all of the years he played.

I remember the Ozen/Nederland game.  That Ozen team was fast, especially the running back, Jonathan Smith.  There was several long runs that game.  Butler was the only kid on Nederland team to run him down.  He played safety that night.  That was a athlete.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Ryan is enrolled at Lamar, I was hoping he would try to walk on at North Texas next fall but it doesn't look like that is going to work out. Hopefully, Lamar will be back in football business soon and he can play a few years there.

Will he be playing at Lamar?

does anyone remember a little hard nosed running back back in the 60's by the name of terry borque??? he was behind a dang good signal caller named steve stewart. anyone remember them? i thought he had to be one of the best running backs in nederlands history. dang, i love to remember back in the good ole days. makes me feel old. heck, i am old lol.  :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder