*Vidor vs. Central....CENTRAL WINS 21-20*

KFDM COOP

yes, great game to you also... woulda loved to sit by you, because i was at the point of pulling my hair out ( im 18, i cant get grey hair)

expecially on the 1st onside... i was so mad... did you see mathews... he threw his headset... he was livid... and he had a right to be... that was a terrible call

also who and when are yall playin sat? if it doesnt conflict with our schedule... i'd like a prowl towel  ;D

Don't assume that Pirate.  I had a friend who had more grey at 18 than I have now!!  (not giving out my age, lets just say I'm not young anymore.)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify the offsides penalty on the onside kick try. Both refs, one on the Vidor sideline and the one on the Central sideline, threw their flags when the ball was kicked, not after the recovery. Our broadcast booth was right on the 40, clearly on offsides accured. Yes, Coach Mathews was upset, but he thought the lone ref on his sideline made the call alone. He did not realize that another ref made the call also from the far sideline. They got the call right. Besides, they still recovered the second one.

From my unbiased standpoint, the referees did not determine the outcome of this game. It's a joke if anyone is implying that. ::)

Thanks Joey for the compliment. I am glad I was able to make that game the best you have done all year. ;D

Wow, what a game... When our line blocked good, Teinert's arm showed up... The last 2 mins of this game was amazing... And as someone earlier said, the missed field goal determined the game... He's only a sophomore kicking on varsity, so in no way is the loss blamed on him, especially on the blocked extra point... Heartbreaker for my Pirates, but a great game nonetheless... Time to look forward to Lumberton this weekend, and knocking them off their high-chairs... Also great game to Central...

Guest TravelingBandsman

21 - 20....that score seems familiar.... ::)

Congrats to the Jaguars on the win, but a special congrats to Vidor. I didn't think the Pirates would surprise me as much as this, almost beating what I thought was the district favorite alongside PN-G. Looks like Vidor has found its stride.

Congrats to the Jaguars on the win, but a special congrats to Vidor. I didn't think the Pirates would surprise me as much as this, almost beating what I thought was the district favorite alongside PN-G. Looks like Vidor has found its stride.

I was thinking the same thing!  ;D ;D

Good game Vidor... But in the 22 years that Central has been around we have never lost to Vidor and I doubt we ever will.  We had a some close ones this century but always come out on top!!

wrong..

Central lost to Vidor at Central in 04'.

The last three times Vidor has faced Central 08',07',06'  it was only a difference of 11 points total out of those three years..

Refer to WOS87 Historical info if needed. ;)

Good game Vidor... But in the 22 years that Central has been around we have never lost to Vidor and I doubt we ever will.  We had a some close ones this century but always come out on top!!

There's that word "never" that seems to always come back and bite someone. Looks like it has already. C'mon short, you knew better than that. ;)

I was thinking the same thing!   ;D ;D

Thanks Soul man. You guys just hung in there and got the win! Wow that was an exciting game! I did not get much sleep last night. Too hyped up. :(

Just to clarify the offsides penalty on the onside kick try. Both refs, one on the Vidor sideline and the one on the Central sideline, threw their flags when the ball was kicked, not after the recovery. Our broadcast booth was right on the 40, clearly on offsides accured. Yes, Coach Mathews was upset, but he thought the lone ref on his sideline made the call alone. He did not realize that another ref made the call also from the far sideline. They got the call right. Besides, they still recovered the second one.

From my unbiased standpoint, the referees did not determine the outcome of this game. It's a joke if anyone is implying that. ::) I agree it was fair. But I think all the talk about the reffs being on our side in Vidor should be done away with!

Thanks Joey for the compliment. I am glad I was able to make that game the best you have done all year. ;D

also, i was very disappointed in the vidor fans that left after the 3rd when we were down 21-7  >:( :( >:( :( >:( :(

thats not how we do it guys, please stay till the end of the game... who knows, it may get interesting... lol

Shoot, we had fans that left after every TD yall scored.  After yall's last TD, over half our fans left.  That's truely sadening.

Soulja I asked a few fans if they knew ya, but I guess they don't know the screen name. Although when I described what you say online they had a few suggestions as to who you could be. ;D

Central was giving the game away. Vidor will make the playoffs, whos spot will they take?  :o

not trying to be critical, but were you there??

because central din not give that game away in no way whatsoever

the missed 25 yard field goal that hit the scoreboard was imo the deciding factor in the game

not tryin to put the kicker down, buy he shanked it terribly

i also was completely disgusted by the option call on 3rd and goal from the 11 (which set up the missed field goal)

you DO NOT try to run option on central, too much team speed on the defensive side over there

and to add to that, it wasn't even a power option, it was speed option.....

i just don't see why refs can't officiate games smoothly and fairly for both teams in every game, its such a simple philosophy... you see a penalty, you call it, if you don't see a penalty, don't make something up...

for instance on the first onside... we were called for an offsides penalty... none of our guys were even near being offsides... and the ref threw the flag AFTER we recovered it...

i am in no way blaming this on the officials.. i just think it could have been called more fairly

Cut the kid some slack... he missed it by a foot the angle he was at was what made it hit the scoreboard...

all in all the kid is just a sophomore and will make some big kicks later this year and in his career as he settles into the job... the thing is he didint hang his head and he came out and placed 2 beautiful onside kicks... he's not a quitter i'll give him that..

Sorry, been busy...haven't had a chance to post till now!

I told you....there would be a "STAR" on the Offense!  ::) Charlie Thomas can run the rock!  And he's been a better reciever....he'll fix it for next game!  Man did you see that Jag OL blow up their D! WOW! :o

There was no doubt in my mind that we wasn't going to be able to move the ball.  Our O-Line did good Tuesday night.  I'm a little concerned with our D-Line.  We have a huge Kat out there (#77 I believe) that looks to be 6'3" 6'4"ish well over 300 lbs.  He was getting manhandled by the Vidor O-line most of the night.  If we can get his big butt to get low and get some penetration, a lot of those slow forming run plays that Vidor ran would have been blown up in that backfield.

There was no doubt in my mind that we wasn't going to be able to move the ball.  Our O-Line did good Tuesday night.  I'm a little concerned with our D-Line.  We have a huge Kat out there (#77 I believe) that looks to be 6'3" 6'4"ish well over 300 lbs.  He was getting manhandled by the Vidor O-line most of the night.  If we can get his big butt to get low and get some penetration, a lot of those slow forming run plays that Vidor ran would have been blown up in that backfield.

Yes Sir!  He's been a big lazy sucka...and Co is trying to get him right!  He missed the 1st couple of games along with a few others as a part of their extra conditioning!  They gotta be in shape and he's still hurting!  He could be tough if he stays low! ;D

Central was giving the game away. Vidor will make the playoffs, whos spot will they take?  :o

not trying to be critical, but were you there??

because central din not give that game away in no way whatsoever

the missed 25 yard field goal that hit the scoreboard was imo the deciding factor in the game

not tryin to put the kicker down, buy he shanked it terribly

i also was completely disgusted by the option call on 3rd and goal from the 11 (which set up the missed field goal)

you DO NOT try to run option on central, too much team speed on the defensive side over there

and to add to that, it wasn't even a power option, it was speed option.....

i just don't see why refs can't officiate games smoothly and fairly for both teams in every game, its such a simple philosophy... you see a penalty, you call it, if you don't see a penalty, don't make something up...

for instance on the first onside... we were called for an offsides penalty... none of our guys were even near being offsides... and the ref threw the flag AFTER we recovered it...

i am in no way blaming this on the officials.. i just think it could have been called more fairly

You sound like you would make an outstanding official. Why don't you join our chapter?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder