*Vidor vs. Central....CENTRAL WINS 21-20*

KFDM COOP

Just to clarify the offsides penalty on the onside kick try. Both refs, one on the Vidor sideline and the one on the Central sideline, threw their flags when the ball was kicked, not after the recovery. Our broadcast booth was right on the 40, clearly on offsides accured. Yes, Coach Mathews was upset, but he thought the lone ref on his sideline made the call alone. He did not realize that another ref made the call also from the far sideline. They got the call right. Besides, they still recovered the second one.

From my unbiased standpoint, the referees did not determine the outcome of this game. It's a joke if anyone is implying that. ::)

Thanks Joey for the compliment. I am glad I was able to make that game the best you have done all year. ;D

im not implying that the refs gave central the game at all, it was a great game, and central messed up less than we did, they won fair and squair, great game

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no doubt in my mind that we wasn't going to be able to move the ball.  Our O-Line did good Tuesday night.  I'm a little concerned with our D-Line.  We have a huge Kat out there (#77 I believe) that looks to be 6'3" 6'4"ish well over 300 lbs.  He was getting manhandled by the Vidor O-line most of the night.  If we can get his big butt to get low and get some penetration, a lot of those slow forming run plays that Vidor ran would have been blown up in that backfield.

yea he was huge... but you have to remember... we have some big boys on our o line as well... and we usually double the nose on runs, or at least chip em with a guard

Central was giving the game away. Vidor will make the playoffs, whos spot will they take?  :o

not trying to be critical, but were you there??

because central din not give that game away in no way whatsoever

the missed 25 yard field goal that hit the scoreboard was imo the deciding factor in the game

not tryin to put the kicker down, buy he shanked it terribly

i also was completely disgusted by the option call on 3rd and goal from the 11 (which set up the missed field goal)

you DO NOT try to run option on central, too much team speed on the defensive side over there

and to add to that, it wasn't even a power option, it was speed option.....

i just don't see why refs can't officiate games smoothly and fairly for both teams in every game, its such a simple philosophy... you see a penalty, you call it, if you don't see a penalty, don't make something up...

for instance on the first onside... we were called for an offsides penalty... none of our guys were even near being offsides... and the ref threw the flag AFTER we recovered it...

i am in no way blaming this on the officials.. i just think it could have been called more fairly

You sound like you would make an outstanding official. Why don't you join our chapter?

thanks for the compliment :-)

and im only 18, and would not know how to go about it, if anyone could send some info that would be helpful, i have reffed and coached little league games before

Central was giving the game away. Vidor will make the playoffs, whos spot will they take?  :o

the missed 25 yard field goal that hit the scoreboard was imo the deciding factor in the game

i also was completely disgusted by the option call on 3rd and goal from the 11 (which set up the missed field goal)

you DO NOT try to run option on central, too much team speed on the defensive side over there

i just don't see why refs can't officiate games smoothly and fairly for both teams in every game, its such a simple philosophy... you see a penalty, you call it, if you don't see a penalty, don't make something up...

for instance on the first onside... we were called for an offsides penalty... none of our guys were even near being offsides... and the ref threw the flag AFTER we recovered it...

i am in no way blaming this on the officials.. i just think it could have been called more fairly

You sound like you would make an outstanding official. Why don't you join our chapter?

and im only 18, and would not know how to go about it, if anyone could send some info that would be helpful, i have reffed and coached little league games before

We start meeting in Beaumont,the 2nd Monday in July and meet every Monday after until the season is over. We have plenty of guys that started at 18. Love to have you join. I'll see to it we post something here next June about our meetings.

We start meeting in Beaumont,the 2nd Monday in July and meet every Monday after until the season is over. We have plenty of guys that started at 18. Love to have you join. I'll see to it we post something here next June about our meetings.

ahh sweet, ill be out of school then too, may be a way to make a little extra money for college  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami