*Vidor vs. Central....CENTRAL WINS 21-20*

KFDM COOP

Guest bucwheat

Great game on both sides..kudos to Vidor for not giving up..Those kids play with alot of emotion every time they hit the field..

For a team that dont win alot,they have a HUGE heart..Great job boys..game could have went either way

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't that happen several years ago in this game and Vidor didn't convert.  Maybe I'm wrong but for some reason I thought they had a situation like that and everybody said thay should've kicked a PAT.  That's a tough one no matter how you look at it.

Im just thinking that in this district, a win with a statement beats a tie, or a win in OT.  I think Vidor had the momentum and should have went for it.  BUT.... if they wouldn't have made the 2 point conversion, then everyone would be coming out of the woodwork saying they should have went for the tie.

No question here...you kick the ball and play for overtime, especially at home and with momentum on your side...this is a no brainer IMO

Just for the record, me and the rest of the Jag fans grew 3 inches of gray hair!

It was good that we played a team who's offense mirrored ours.  We were moving the ball, just like I expected early.  All the madness started in the second half.  Vidor got some big plays.  The naked bootleg was there all night.  Heck, they scored off of it once.  There was the long pass in the fourth quarter when we knew they were going to pass the ball and the CB still jumped on the playaction.  Then it gets really crazy!  Vidor scores with like a minute left.  We block the extra point and we are going nuts!  We line up to receive the kickoff, which everyone knew it was going to be an onside kick.  They kick it and recover the ball on a beautiful bounce. They call it back for illegal procedure.  They try it again, this time in the middle of our formation.  Oh and behold, they recover.  I'm at the point of pulling my hair out right about now.  Good thing Vidor didn't have more time, or it would have really been interesting.  

Looks like we stumbled uppon something interesting with the wishbone offense.  We started getting big plays.  Charlie Thomas came in on offense and did some damage.  But man, Charlie, catch the TD pass, son!  2 of them were dropped when there was no one but air between him and the end zone!  

Even though in a losing effort, Game ball goes to the big Vidor RB Reynolds.  He broke a few long runs.  Honorable mention to Charlie Thomas for coming in on offense and giving us some much needed punch and Phillip Jefferson.  I saw #7 fly in on some key defensive stops.  Hope for big games from all three of these kids Saturday.  

Central was giving the game away. Vidor will make the playoffs, whos spot will they take?  :o

not trying to be critical, but were you there??

because central din not give that game away in no way whatsoever

the missed 25 yard field goal that hit the scoreboard was imo the deciding factor in the game

not tryin to put the kicker down, buy he shanked it terribly

i also was completely disgusted by the option call on 3rd and goal from the 11 (which set up the missed field goal)

you DO NOT try to run option on central, too much team speed on the defensive side over there

and to add to that, it wasn't even a power option, it was speed option.....

i just don't see why refs can't officiate games smoothly and fairly for both teams in every game, its such a simple philosophy... you see a penalty, you call it, if you don't see a penalty, don't make something up...

for instance on the first onside... we were called for an offsides penalty... none of our guys were even near being offsides... and the ref threw the flag AFTER we recovered it...

i am in no way blaming this on the officials.. i just think it could have been called more fairly

Just for the record, me and the rest of the Jag fans grew 3 inches of gray hair!

It was good that we played a team who's offense mirrored ours.  We were moving the ball, just like I expected early.  All the madness started in the second half.  Vidor got some big plays.  The naked bootleg was there all night.  Heck, they scored off of it once.  There was the long pass in the fourth quarter when we knew they were going to pass the ball and the CB still jumped on the playaction.  Then it gets really crazy!  Vidor scores with like a minute left.  We block the extra point and we are going nuts!  We line up to receive the kickoff, which everyone knew it was going to be an onside kick.  They kick it and recover the ball on a beautiful bounce. They call it back for illegal procedure.  They try it again, this time in the middle of our formation.  Oh and behold, they recover.  I'm at the point of pulling my hair out right about now.  Good thing Vidor didn't have more time, or it would have really been interesting.  

Looks like we stumbled uppon something interesting with the wishbone offense.  We started getting big plays.  Charlie Thomas came in on offense and did some damage.  But man, Charlie, catch the TD pass, son!  2 of them were dropped when there was no one but air between him and the end zone!  

Even though in a losing effort, Game ball goes to the big Vidor RB Reynolds.  He broke a few long runs.  Honorable mention to Charlie Thomas for coming in on offense and giving us some much needed punch and Phillip Jefferson.  I saw #7 fly in on some key defensive stops.  Hope for big games from all three of these kids Saturday.  

yes, great game to you also... woulda loved to sit by you, because i was at the point of pulling my hair out ( im 18, i cant get grey hair)

expecially on the 1st onside... i was so mad... did you see mathews... he threw his headset... he was livid... and he had a right to be... that was a terrible call

also who and when are yall playin sat? if it doesnt conflict with our schedule... i'd like a prowl towel  ;D

You right, but it went both ways.  What about that fumble by our RB in the first half.  He was tackled fell down and the ball popped out.  Everybody saw that the ground caused the fumble.  The Refs thought otherwise.  They called illegal man in motion on us and there was only one man in motion.  No one else moved.  We have been doing that all year, but all of a sudden, tonight, the flag came flying...

yes, great game to you also... woulda loved to sit by you, because i was at the point of pulling my hair out ( im 18, i cant get grey hair)

expecially on the 1st onside... i was so mad... did you see mathews... he threw his headset... he was livid... and he had a right to be... that was a terrible call

also who and when are yall playin sat? if it doesnt conflict with our schedule... i'd like a prowl towel  ;D

I was mad that yall recovered two consecutive onside kicks!  >:( >:(

I believe we play LC-M at their house.  Hey, you can check us out.  I was sitting by a Yeoj (a Brook fan) in this one.  I offered him to sit in my Central bleacher chair.  He declined.  ;D ;D

You right, but it went both ways.  What about that fumble by our RB in the first half.  He was tackled fell down and the ball popped out.  Everybody saw that the ground caused the fumble.  The Refs thought otherwise.  They called illegal man in motion on us and there was only one man in motion.  No one else moved.  We have been doing that all year, but all of a sudden, tonight, the flag came flying...

yes, that fumble was deff on the ground, i completely agree on that 1, but we had 1 where our guys knee was down ball popped out and i believe yall ran it in for a td

also, i didnt c the motion call, but they did call alot of chippy fouls

I was mad that yall recovered two consecutive onside kicks!   >:( >:(

I believe we play LC-M at their house.  Hey, you can check us out.  I was sitting by a Yeoj (a Brook fan) in this one.  I offered him to sit in my Central bleacher chair.  He declined.   ;D ;D

haha i just might do that

as long as we arent playin at that time

do you know a time?

ill also decline the bleacher chair... never have liked those things man, they annoy me

yes, that fumble was deff on the ground, i completely agree on that 1, but we had 1 where our guys knee was down ball popped out and i believe yall ran it in for a td

I just seen the ball pop out.  The play was closer to yall's side.  It looked good from where I was sitting. ;D ;D

I believe we play LC-M at their house.  Hey, you can check us out.  I was sitting by a Yeoj (a Brook fan) in this one.  I offered him to sit in my Central bleacher chair.  He declined.   ;D ;D

do you know a time?

ill also decline the bleacher chair... never have liked those things man, they annoy me

I'm guessing all the District games are begining at 7:30.  I believe yall's is also.  He declined it because he say he will break out being around Central maroon and gray.  

also, i was very disappointed in the vidor fans that left after the 3rd when we were down 21-7  >:( :( >:( :( >:( :(

thats not how we do it guys, please stay till the end of the game... who knows, it may get interesting... lol

Shoot, we had fans that left after every TD yall scored.  After yall's last TD, over half our fans left.  That's truely sadening.

I just seen the ball pop out.  The play was closer to yall's side.  It looked good from where I was sitting. ;D ;D

ya it was pretty close to our sideline, no doubt that it was close, but his knee was down before the ball came loose.. yall prob couldnt c it cuz it was the knee closest to us

do you know a time?

I'm guessing all the District games are begining at 7:30.  I believe yall's is also.  He declined it because he say he will break out being around Central maroon and gray.  

haha, im a diehard longhorn, i believe my skin will melt if i touch maroon

also, i was very disappointed in the vidor fans that left after the 3rd when we were down 21-7  >:( :( >:( :( >:( :(

thats not how we do it guys, please stay till the end of the game... who knows, it may get interesting... lol

Shoot, we had fans that left after every TD yall scored.  After yall's last TD, over half our fans left.  That's truely sadening.

yea i noticed that on our last td... but our fans usually wont leave like that... ya sure a few will but at the end of the game we were operating at half capacity up there lol

Hats off to you Jags and Jag Fans. It was a very good game. There was some rust on both teams. Both teams had some terrible calls made against them. The first Fumble they called on the Jags wasn't a fumble. I think Vidor shot itself in the foot more than the Jags did. We had a few penalties that killed our drive and I think 4 fumbles total. We have got to hold on to that rock!!! Vidor's Def showed a lot of grit and stamina, they never gave up, they did have a few arm tackles, but overall they was in the Jags grill all night.

Jags Def is very savvy on jumping the snap, they were killing our tackles getting off the ball. Jags #44 is a monster I didn't catch this athlete's name but WOW what a kid. He works every play off the end never gives up and hits like a runaway Mack truck! I think when the Jags get use to Coach Watters Offensive they will be very hard to stop. IMO neither teams needs to hang their head. Both gained a lot of confidence and it was a hell of a game. Good luck to them Jags the rest of the way.

It's going to be a short week for all 20-4A I hope we can prepare for Lumberton and play them the way we did Central.

Guest bucwheat

I tell you what that was a heck of a football game to listen to..especially the last 6 minutes.I believe the central fan said earlier.It sounded to me that Big kid who was running the wishbone off tackle coldnt be stopped..

Central might have found something there.

Congrats to Central and Vidor keep working,  and hold your head up.

Guest JoesBros

I just want to apologize for the feed going down last night. Our signal in the Vidor press box wasnt the best. That was the best game I called so far this season. As far as a box score check out the Orange Leader cause I know they had a guy out there last night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami