LC-M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

skipper

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many kids that have been confronted with this situation in the last 6 or 7 years. After their soph. year is when they start to specialize in one sport, there are always some that stay with more sports but not many. I'am not saying its right or wrong I'am just saying that it happens alot. And in turn it hurts the football program. I've seen kids come back into football their sr. year after their other sport did'nt turn out like they hoped.

Doesn't matter what school you are talking about. I know Texas is a football first state in high school. What I see is that trend is slowly changing at most of the bigger schools. Lets just take baseball for an example. If I was a parent of a player that i paid for extra instruction or select ball... I would hate to see him get hurt playin football and waste all the time , effort, and money that was spent. You can take baseball out of that sentence and type in the sport of your choice. I guess Kendrick Perkins should have played tightend for Ozen back in the day and risk getting hurt and forget all the bucks he is making in the NBA. You never know what young player in our area will grow and become a much better player than expected and get a scholarship or maybe the slim chance to get to play pro ball for a living.

If your worried about them being hurt ya better take the car keys and lock em in!

You cannot completely keep anyone from getting hurt so taking the keys away is not an answer. Its like gambling.. if you can minimize your chance for loosing ( getting hurt ) then that is all you can do.

I was refering to your comment about getting hurt playing football. I know you cant keep them from being hurt!

Guest bleed orange

You guys are missing the big picture. The problem is the PARENTS. Back when I played parents said nothing. They let the coaches and the teachers do their job. Last year Orangefield played poorly against Silsbee. The coach of Orangefield made the kids work their tails off for two weeks. (We had a bye) Three sets of parents wrote a letter to the coach complaining that the kids were being worked to hard. (Most were women) There is your sign. White kids are spoiled, plain and simple. The white society is soft. I don't know anything about Moody but apparently he was successful at his previous job or LCM would not have hired him. It appears to me that the kids and parents are against Moody and the Administration and school board has no back bone. If Dan Hooks was to coach at LCM, he would be hammered too. Dan would not stay very long. You guys are right more kids are specializing in one sport. That's a bad trend in my opinion. 

You guys are missing the big picture. The problem is the PARENTS. Back when I played parents said nothing. They let the coaches and the teachers do their job. Last year Orangefield played poorly against Silsbee. The coach of Orangefield made the kids work their tails off for two weeks. (We had a bye) Three sets of parents wrote a letter to the coach complaining that the kids were being worked to hard. (Most were women) There is your sign. White kids are spoiled, plain and simple. The white society is soft. I don't know anything about Moody but apparently he was successful at his previous job or LCM would not have hired him. It appears to me that the kids and parents are against Moody and the Administration and school board has no back bone. If Dan Hooks was to coach at LCM, he would be hammered too. Dan would not stay vey long.  Also maybe just maybe you can't make chicken salad out of chicken Sh$$T.

:o :o :o Tell us how you really feel! LOL

Guest bleed orange

You guys are missing the big picture. The problem is the PARENTS. Back when I played parents said nothing. They let the coaches and the teachers do their job. Last year Orangefield played poorly against Silsbee. The coach of Orangefield made the kids work their tails off for two weeks. (We had a bye) Three sets of parents wrote a letter to the coach complaining that the kids were being worked to hard. (Most were women) There is your sign. White kids are spoiled, plain and simple. The white society is soft. I don't know anything about Moody but apparently he was successful at his previous job or LCM would not have hired him. It appears to me that the kids and parents are against Moody and the Administration and school board has no back bone. If Dan Hooks was to coach at LCM, he would be hammered too. Dan would not stay vey long.  Also maybe just maybe you can't make chicken salad out of chicken Sh$$T.

:o :o :o Tell us how you really feel! LOL

I always do. Buy the way, I liked some of your previous post. They were right on.

You guys are missing the big picture. The problem is the PARENTS. Back when I played parents said nothing. They let the coaches and the teachers do their job. Last year Orangefield played poorly against Silsbee. The coach of Orangefield made the kids work their tails off for two weeks. (We had a bye) Three sets of parents wrote a letter to the coach complaining that the kids were being worked to hard. (Most were women) There is your sign. White kids are spoiled, plain and simple. The white society is soft. I don't know anything about Moody but apparently he was successful at his previous job or LCM would not have hired him. It appears to me that the kids and parents are against Moody and the Administration and school board has no back bone. If Dan Hooks was to coach at LCM, he would be hammered too. Dan would not stay very long. You guys are right more kids are specializing in one sport. That's a bad trend in my opinion. 

Please explain to me how we get from high school football to bashing women and white society???

I'm offended at your sexist comment and then your racist comment.  That wouldn't play well if I used "men" or "black(or insert whatever race here)."  Keep this about football.

Guest abovetherim

That is the most ridiculous statement I've read to date from a poster who is probably a coach. "White society is soft" is a pretty large generalization. True some white kids are soft. I lived in North Texas for a few years and there is a team full of "white kids" or "rich white kids" at SLC and they have won a few state championships from 3A to 5A.

Guest bleed orange

Please explain to me how we get from high school football to bashing women and white society???

I'm offended at your sexist comment and then your racist comment.  That wouldn't play well if I used "men" or "black(or insert whatever race here)."  Keep this about football.

I really don't care what you think. No doubt I am a sexist but I am not a racist. I am white.  By the way this about football and life in general.  

Guest bleed orange

You guys are missing the big picture. The problem is the PARENTS. Back when I played parents said nothing. They let the coaches and the teachers do their job. Last year Orangefield played poorly against Silsbee. The coach of Orangefield made the kids work their tails off for two weeks. (We had a bye) Three sets of parents wrote a letter to the coach complaining that the kids were being worked to hard. (Most were women) There is your sign. White kids are spoiled, plain and simple. The white society is soft. I don't know anything about Moody but apparently he was successful at his previous job or LCM would not have hired him. It appears to me that the kids and parents are against Moody and the Administration and school board has no back bone. If Dan Hooks was to coach at LCM, he would be hammered too. Dan would not stay very long. Also maybe just maybe you can't make chicken salad out of chicken Sh$$T.

That is the most ridiculous statement I've read to date from a poster who is probably a coach. "White society is soft" is a pretty large generalization. True some white kids are soft. I lived in North Texas for a few years and there is a team full of "white kids" or "rich white kids" at SLC and they have won a few state championships from 3A to 5A.

Let me tell you what I see " Abovetherim". I see young white kids who think because they have a college education don't think they have to work anymore. They think they should be payed big money and do nothing. I also see young people not respecting the older generation. I see grandparents raising grandkids because the kids having kids are not responsible. I understand this is not with every kid. But it is getting worse as the years go by. I know this is about football but football is about life or it use to be back in the day.

Guest abovetherim

I can agree with this post if you left out "white society" or "white kids". Actually, if you leave out "white" you nail the problem with "our" society right on the head. I could not agree more.

Guest bleed orange

I can agree with this post if you left out "white society" or "white kids". Actually, if you leave out "white" you nail the problem with "our" society right on the head. I could not agree more.

I understand. I will get off this subject because this is not the forum to discuss this. But I will say this "Football" or any other sport teaches lesson in life. Let the coaches and teachers do their job. It will benefit your kid in the long run.

good point, sir.

i'd also like to say that people are missing the point of high school sports. the point is not to create athletes, but rather to create men. there are many talented football players who only play baseball because they've been pressured into that situation. high school shouldn't be about becoming a sports legend unless you're going to make that into a career. if you like the game, play it. you might have to play offensive line when you want to play tight end. maybe you dream of being a running back, but you're needed at linebacker. LCM kids can't handle that. they want to be the star, they want it to be easy and they want wins to come at will.

IMO, if hooks was at LCM, he'd take the same crap. maybe not at first, because of his rep, but in a few seasons, people would be on here bashing dan hooks for screwing up the program at little cypress. he's a talented coach with unprecedented success at WOS, and i can see him being dragged under the waves of Little Cypress sports poltics.

This post as nothing to do with the subject of this entire post, if the white kids were the problem then there would only be about 4 or 5 team members. ::)

look Moody being an outsider has nothing to do with it. You cant say he doesnt know how much football means to LCM fans. He comes from some tradition rich schools that love football more than LCM fans ever have. There is a large number of amazing athletes walking the halls that dont play football, and specialize in one sport, alot of times baseball, but that is not "daddy's" choice, its theirs. The current senior class has always been very talent rich. There record from 7th grade to JV goes like this:6-2,7-1,(not sure of the freshman year, because of rita, but it was a winning one), and 6-3. Then before last year several key players quit, to specialize. They have to make due with what they have. The seniors you see in uniform now are the ones who truly love the game of football, thick or thin, hell or highwater. Before ANY coach is going to be successful at LCM the community needs to get behind them and let them do their job. It is going to take a class to come together and say they are going to devote themselves to one goal, regardless of their egos, self agendas, coaching, or other sports. I understand Moody is to take some of the blame, as came apparent when against WOS they ran the same play like 7 times in a row, but he takes much more than he deserves. I can tell you first hand, as a whole the kids at LCM are soft. Over half the team would quit within a week if Hooks were the head coach. LCM has never been a school with great tradition or school pride, and that is the main problem. The next time the people of the Little Cypress or Mauriceville community want to point a finger, they should point it at themselves.

Regardless of all this, i will always support the players, because i respect them for choosing to play the game they love

I have been silent on this matter because as my grand father would say," we are milking a dead cow."

I found my post from last year and just thought I would paste it here.

Quote from: SETSportsFan on December 20, 2007, 03:18:26 AM

LCM has the players and community support i think a good coach can come in and turn things around, it might be a good proving ground for an up and coming coach,  i think if the job is open there will be alot of interest in it (thus alot of qualitified applicants to choose from)

[glow=red,2,300](The Voice)

I think they have the coach they wanted. They interviewed him and they hired him and it looks like they are sticking with him. The real question is....... what do they want to accomplish? [/glow]

They are the LCM Administration. The ball is in their hands. Don't fumble!

OMG....I can't believe some of the posts that are going on here.  You are putting down LCM young men because alot of them chose to play one sport.  You have no right to do that.  My son has chosen on his own to play just one sport that is his chose not mine.  What gives you the right to sit there and judge why LCM guys chose to or not to play just one sport.  Unless you have a son in the program why don't you keep your opinions regarding that to yourself.  Yes, the LCM community is not happy with Moody but you know what we have to deal with him not you.  Also, to say that the football players don't play more than one position you need to make sure that you have your facts straight.  I know for a fact that there were several players last  year and this year that are playing both offensive and defense.  It is truly sad that we ALL are suppose to be GROWN adults why continue to beat a dead horse.  Why won't you just let it go that Moody screwed up last week instead of continuing hashing over what he did or didn't do and what the LCM community should have or shouldn't have done.  We are not in his shoes so please leave it go.  No I'm not happy with him but all I can do is voice my opinion when we have a school board election or go to a school board meeting that is the only way that we can change things.  I don't know the man and I'm not pleased with the way that he is coaching.  Yes, I think LCM could have more winning seasons than they do.  I do know this, that parents need to keep there noses out of it and let the coaches run their practices the way they see fit and if little johnny or mary don't like it than let them quit. The ones that are truly dedicated and wanting to play will do whatever the coaches ask of them.  My parents didn't tell none of my brothers or sisters coaches how to coach and I feel that I am a better person for it.  I was pushed and pushed and was taught never to give up and I think I'm a better person for it.  Ok...Im done and off my soapbox....

good point, sir.

i'd also like to say that people are missing the point of high school sports. the point is not to create athletes, but rather to create men. there are many talented football players who only play baseball because they've been pressured into that situation. high school shouldn't be about becoming a sports legend unless you're going to make that into a career. if you like the game, play it. you might have to play offensive line when you want to play tight end. maybe you dream of being a running back, but you're needed at linebacker. LCM kids can't handle that. they want to be the star, they want it to be easy and they want wins to come at will.

IMO, if hooks was at LCM, he'd take the same crap. maybe not at first, because of his rep, but in a few seasons, people would be on here bashing dan hooks for screwing up the program at little cypress. he's a talented coach with unprecedented success at WOS, and i can see him being dragged under the waves of Little Cypress sports poltics.

Finally someone who understands!!! The players and kids at LCM are raised for it to be all about them! their parents raise them to think that they are the big star and can do whatever they want. this is reflected on the playing field when nobody wants to play as a team. each kid out there wants to play their own game and make the big play instead of doing his own part. LCM has talent, but without cooperation and teamwork THAT MEANS NOTHING!

Guest bleed orange

Its not the way most are raised it is how their coached. You don't see the problem in baseball, basketball, soccer to much. Sure there are some that are that way but not most.

I totally agree with what you just said except sometimes the way you are raised will determine whether or not if you can be coached. In my original post I did not mean to categorize all white kids in the same group. I know some are different. But I do stand by what I said. Out of the sports you mention above. You left off two, football and track. Football and track coincide with one another. If you have successful track teams you will have successful football teams. WOS is a good example and so is SLC. This is just my opinion but the number of kids participating in football and track are declining. (Track has for years) Why is that? I think because those two sports are the hardest to practice. Those two sports demand hard work (body conditioning). I am not saying the others don't. I am saying those two need more. Every school is experiencing the same thing. Its not just LCM.

Guest bleed orange

[/

good point, sir.

Good post North81. It is about turning young boys into young men. That is what football is all about. That is also about life in the real world. I don't understand why people don't understand that. Some do but some don't.

there are a lot of other sports @ lcm that have successful programs.  do the coaches of these sports have a secret stash of athletes that they draw from or is it the same "spoiled rich white kids"? ::)

when the ad came in & put "his" rules & ideas into play (which happens EVERY time a new ad takes over...it is to be expected) & his ideas turned out not to be effective for that program yet he refuses to reevaluate & take a different approach isn't it to be expected that kids will gravitate to more successful programs?

if a new "ad" came into your job & tied the hands of your supervisors like moody has done to his coaches, you would still be willing to "suit up" & take one for the team?  no, you'd be on the phone to the union boss or peddling your resume to "play" some where else!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder