Moody's decision pulls plug on Orange Bowl

KFDM COOP

Playing devil's advocate here:

If LC-M decided to play and the Bears upset the Mustangs, would all of you swallow your pride and apologize to Coach Moody?

Apologize for what? We wouldn't have anything to apologize for. If you think we want to play them because we think we can win, then you're wrong. Yes we think we can win. We don't go into a game that we don't think we can win. However, this is a cross town rivalry game. If they win, they will get congratulated but not an apology.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another idea!  How about the lcm players, fans, community, and assistant coaches come over to Hooks stadium to play, and if the head guy doesn't want to come he doesn't have to.  I mean I normally am not this vocal on subjects, but I can't tell you how COWARDLY of a decision and how POORLY of an example this guy has made!!  I am not even a die hard mustang fan, but this guy is paid to set a certain example to help develop young men.  By this decision, he is basically telling these young men that is ok to not try or run away from a challenge if things get tough or unfair.  Well I got news for this so called head coach at lcm LIFE SOMETIMES ISNT FAIR!!  I believe this guy must have no pride or self esteem to go out like this!!

;D

Guest tchawks99

I just noticed this...

Vidor is playing a team out of Houston..Which the storm hasn't even affected there preparation time(St.thomas) and they are playing them Friday.    so that would leave Vidor only having 2 days (oday and Thursday)to prepare..

and they are playing a    team who did not even evacuate..

that right there is a coach who wants to play and who is dedicated to gettinig his team ready and better each week..Congrats Coach Matthews. Job well done sir..

Wow, this situation is amazing.  I would hate to be in the Moody household the past couple of days.  Unless Coach Moody can prove that several of his players are still away from home and will continue to be away from home for the next day or so this game should be played at least by Sat. night.  IMO, using the phrases like "we don't want to get anybody hurt" and "we want to focus on district" is just a cop out.  The kids haven't been away long enough to hurt their conditioning so they need to get out there.  Can't believe this coach has done this.  :'(

How many players dose lcm have.Even if he didn't get all the players back they would have more than wo-s can suit up.I don't care what Moody says...if they were playing someone else besides wo-s the game would be on.Everyone else is playing...So according to his comments you would have to think all the other schools don't care about their kids.This excuse wont fly.

i have spoken to several news stations and they would love to do a story on the cancelation if they could get some parents to do an interview of there disapproval or approval of this decision to not play this game. if you are interested in really putting a public light on this situation PM me and we will make this happen.

Well LCM fans can look at it one way, their team is finaly getting talked about on the forum  ;D

I don't think the LCM fans care about that. Every single one of them that I have talked to said they would rather lose 100 to 0 than quit.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline