* HURRICANE GUSTAV MAKES LANDFALL*

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can come back in guys, but remember we are still under an evacuation order and a Hurricane warning from the NWS. The weather is fine right now but will turn for the worse in a few hours. It also seems that the storm is wanting to go due west as it hits the LA coast. We can still have pretty strong wind and lots of rain. Remember it doesnt take much to lose power, so if you are in a cozy hotel room I would wait a while to see what will happen. It would not be fun to come home to no electricity. Also, I just drove through BC and Orange and the only store open is Snappys at hwy62 and hwy87. They also have gas. Everyone else is closed and boarded up.

Got home from the ranch at noon and unloaded the car and went straight to HEB in Beaumont.  There is way more traffic in HEB than on the highways.  They are fully stocked with the exception of bread when we were there.  Glad to be home.  Rumor has it that me and the HJ crew may have a little Hurricane poker game tonight!!!! ;D

any news about mississippi? alot about new orleans just wondering about miss.

Hate to say it but it's a ratings war with national news stations. Nothing gets better ratings than the words FEMA, New Orleans, George Bush, Ray Nagin and breached levees.

Here is a link for the latest in Mississippi, who seem to handle it's business.     

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder