Hull-Daisetta vs Hardin/HD WINS 27-24!!!!!!

well IMO it will hard for HD to hold the lead late in the game because of numbers. but make no mistake about it if Hardin wins they will have done something. HD looks very tough our prob is really and truly we or only about 13 or 14 deep. and about playing bigger kids this class of kids grew up playing sports against each other. the cook kid would be starting RB at any school in lib. county he went to except maybe dayton and he should wear #34

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're able firedup, read my last post, I acknowledged Hardin was struggling academically. As far as sticking to football, didn't you just comment on TAKS scores. You people over there just ain't got it do you? Notice I'm trying to talk in a language you might understand. Good luck to both teams, Hardin on the big win and HD on the fact if they'll have any players left to finish the season after the game.

Bringing up TAKS scores and brother/sister kind of things.  Boy, THIS reminds me of the Hardin/HD rivalry of the 80's.  Always trash talking, if I remember correctly there was even the occasional vandalism (spray painting the fields with nice little messages) back then.  This site has open things up to a new level of trash talking though.  A strong rivalry always lends so much more to the picture.  Sometime but not always you can throw the record books out the window with a game like this but IMO with this years game I think Hardin has the edge.  They have some great momentum from last year and the coach has had a whole year to implement his program.  Not taking anything away from HD though, they have always been competitive. 

Anyone remember the game in '87 when HD won on a last second field goal?  Right before the snap the kicker moved the tee up 1 yard because he didn't think he could kick the ball that far and the ball ended up skipping across the cross bar.  Talk about an emotional dagger in the heart of the Hornets.  It was like beating HD was just not supposed to happen.  happily it has happened and it will continue this week. 

I definately remember that, it was my Senior year. We had trashed HD so bad my Sophomore year, 27-7, the first year we went 3A, didn't play them my Junior year(at least I don't remember playing them), then the famous field goal my Senior year. This is a good rivalry, and trash talking makes it fun for us old timers as well.

Right on brother !!! The Bobcats are the only traditionally known power house football program in Liberty County. Also the only program to ever win a State Championship. And yes H-D leads the head to head series against Hardin by like 40 wins to 10 losses. H-D is known for football Hardin is known for what ? And yes it is very special to wear that red and black under the friday night lights !!! On the other hand I do have to say Hardin has been a night and day program in the last 5- 10 years. Hardin has been playing good ball as of late, and Friday should be a classic rival game close to the end. Merch that was the best post ever go Bobcats !!!

Tomorrow night is the night!!!  H-D vs. Hardin.  All trash-talking aside, this should be a great game.  I live in Houston, and alot of my friends can't understand how i'd still be interested in a high school football game at my age.  That's what makes small town football in the state of Texas so great.  The camaraderie and pride that each of us have for our alma-mater is unrivaled.  In the end, I truly hope that each team represents their respected school with honor and dignity.  Are you ready for some football.......I know I am!!!

Forgive my ignorance, but how many schools are actually in Liberty County?

Towns (Cities): Cleveland, Daisetta, Dayton, Hardin, Hull, Liberty.

Daisetta and Hull of course are Hull-Daisetta.  Five school districts, if I'm correct...

Tarkington is also in Liberty county.  Devers is also Liberty county but doesn't have a high school.

Hey 55 let the trash talk begin punk i hope yall get you know what knocked in the dirt can't stand H-D

Yeah, I'm a punk right.... a 6'4" 330lbs. one if you wanna come get some, just let me know! And the games did begin tonight when we knocked Hardin's in the dirt!! So much for that 8-0 start from last year. I guess Hull-Daisetta does have that tradition that I was talking about. Ohh well, I'm not gonna harp on something you have no idea about. What's the total at now?... We just put another notch on the ole' belt, what's the series record now, 50-10 HD!!!

We feel your pain on why you can't stand Daisetta, I would hate someone who hands me my a$$ every year too!!! But then again, that's ok I'm sure you can come up something to come back with. And the good news is, that you have a whole year to think about it. Rot in Peace Bia!!!

Ok, I tried to be diplomatic on my first post and not start the mouthing or trash talking, but this is Hardin and Hull-Daisetta, so lets go! Stelly and Barber should have fun, but let's not forget Villamez, he is gonna light some people up. Just ask Hardin Jefferson, they had a few kids walking to the wrong sideline after he hit them. As far as the two HD running backs, WHATEVER! I'm over 230 pounds too, I don't want any part of Hardins run defense. But, after looking at HD's TAKS scores over the last few years, I can see where they would struggle with these forums. Now, that should open things up a little on here!

I wish I would have seen all this smack before tonight, because this is downright funny right now. That vaunted Hardin Hornet run defense let HD's big backs run through them like water through a screen. I'll go out on a limb and say HD ran for 250-300 yards, if i had to guess. I think Villamez is a good player, but he was introduced formally to Mr. Cook tonight. On more than one occasion I saw the back of poor #8's helmet be the first part of his body to make contact with the ground after The COOOKIE MONSTER rumbled right over him. Speaking of lights out, it seemed like there were a few Hornets that #69 Scotty Gilmore turned the lights out on! Stelly played tough, and was a load, but he wasn't in Aarron Cook's league tonight. Sam Elliott throwin that pretty left-handed spiral was a wonderful sight. Anyway, I'll leave it at that, and let the scoreboard do the talking. Hardin did look great in pre-game warm-ups though, I'll give 'em that! Bottom line.

Hull-Daisetta - 27

Hardin     -  24

P.S. Bushpilot, if you actually know Villamez, you may want to get him some psychicatric counciling, because I'm pretty sure he's going to have nightmares about a big #7 crushing his dreams of beating HD.

Come on HD fans, you can do better than that I hope. Life Flight? Give me a break! Pride of the black and red? LOL! How many kids from HD have ever played college ball? As far as that goes, how many have attended college and been able to make the grade? That's what I thought! You barely even have a functioning High School. We'll see what your running backs are made of Friday, remember, Hardin plays schools with bigger kids all year. You really should start getting ready for West Hardin, just except what happens Friday and move on, hopefully you'll still have kids available after the first six weeks.

Would you like a glass of wine with that crow?

P.S. While talking about our grades, the word is "accept"  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor