Which team has a better shot at beating WOS???

Guest rykerx144

Which team has a better shot at beating WOS???  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has a better shot at beating WOS???

• Hamshire Fannett
    • Kirbyville
    • Silsbee
    • Jasper

Guest rykerx144

Kirbyville has dominated Jasper the past two years, they beat Silsbee last year at silsbee and they are returning more key starters than both teams this year so my question is at what point do they deserve to be the team to beat.  Is it because their enrollment numbers are half that of the teams listed and that automatically makes them the underdog going into the season

Kirbyville has dominated Jasper the past two years, they beat Silsbee last year at silsbee and they are returning more key starters than both teams this year so my question is at what point do they deserve to be the team to beat.  Is it because their enrollment numbers are half that of the teams listed and that automatically makes them the underdog going into the season

I you think Kirbyville can beat WO-S then say it.  If you have a poll then people are going to say who they think.  I think Kirbyville would concentrate on not getting beat by a very good Newton team.  Last year was last year.

Guest rykerx144

I you think Kirbyville can beat WO-S then say it.  If you have a poll then people are going to say who they think.  I think Kirbyville would concentrate on not getting beat by a very good Newton team.  Last year was last year.

first of all this post has nothing to do with Newton so I dont know what that has to do with anything.  And I never said I thought any of the teams listed could beat WOS thats why i asked the question which team has the best shot at beating them otherwise I would have asked which team was going to beat WOS.  I also realize last year was last year but I also believe that teams seem to return alot of the same players with the same coaches so I do believe that each following year still has alot of the strengths from the previous year.  Now if you was talking about more than one year later or several years later then I agree it changes everything.  If you dont like polls or my questions I ask then feel free next time not to participate

That's funny. You don't become "the team to beat" by proxy. You do it by beating everyone else year in and year out. You become "the team to beat" by, historically, owning the teams around you.

Guest rykerx144

Has K'ville had probs with their star RB?  Heard there were some discipline probs abound.

i think that was last year with that rhodes boy but he graduated

Has K'ville had probs with their star RB?  Heard there were some discipline probs abound.

I thought that I heard there was something up this year, too!  I may have things confused.  Will have to check my sources and get back later.

Guest rykerx144

I thought that I heard there was something up this year, too!  I may have things confused.  Will have to check my sources and get back later.

its probably that younger rhodes boy and im not sure about his status anymore.  I do know that they dont need him though.  They still have the big senior Jackson and some young talent that is supposed to be ready for anything but i guess well see

I'd have to agree that Jasper has the best shot at beating WOS. It looks like Coach Brooks has done the main thing he needed to do when he came back, which was getting kids to want to play football again. That and his coaching should make Jasper a top-notch program again that should have a good chance to win every game it plays.

Guest rykerx144

Either way, good luck to K'ville this year for every game but one!!!  LOL! ;D

lol I think every team listed in the poll has the exact same chance of beating WOS........none

yeah  but  jasper  will dominate Kirbyville this year  just get your POPCORN READY.

yeah  but  jasper  will dominate Kirbyville this year   just get your POPCORN READY.

I hope you're right, but it's a little too early to talk smack. Confidence is good, but there's no need to be cocky. Concentrate on Gilmer. They're enough to handle as it is.

yeah  but  jasper  will dominate Kirbyville this year   just get your POPCORN READY.

Don't throw up your POPCORN if Kirbyville shut them Dawgs down once again. ;D

Hardin Jefferson will give WOS all they can handle this year. Tired of the 64 point beatings and 36 seniors coming back. Not saying HJ will win, just that they will give WOS all that they can handle.

HJ can have all the seniors in the entire school coming back but that doesn't guarantee a win and it doesn't guarantee that they will give WOS all they can handle.  Time will tell if those seniors have learned more football since last year.

I would have to say that for this year, Jasper may have the best shot. But, I wouldn't count my Silsbee Tigers out. Since we all dropped down to 3A, Silsbee has been the only team in the district to play WOS close with a very reasonable possibilty of winning the '06 game. I think the Tigers are a year away though.

Guest rykerx144

I dont think Silsbee just has what it takes this year. they seem to be a young team and need this year under their belt, and if they keep everyone together and healthy then look out for silsbee next year.  Jasper defintely has the talent to beat WOS, but I also know that it no secret Jasper seems to fall apart in Orange and always has.  Kirbyville by no means has the talent to beat WOS but they do have the heart and the want to but they do have considerable amount more talen this year then in the past and I think if Kirbyville ever has a shot at WOS this is the year!!!    There has never been a machine built that would be able to measure the amount of air that will be let ouf of Hooks if he loses to a 2A school!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder