Which team has a better shot at beating WOS???

Guest rykerx144

Which team has a better shot at beating WOS???  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has a better shot at beating WOS???

• Hamshire Fannett
    • Kirbyville
    • Silsbee
    • Jasper

There has never been a machine built that would be able to measure the amount of air that will be let ouf of Hooks if he loses to a 2A school!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, someone talking about Hooks who has no clue about the man. If WOS loses to Kirbyville, then we lose to a team that was better than us that night. There is no shame in losing to a 2A school, especially one that is one year removed from being 3A. He may be upset, but it will be about the loss, not what classification the team that beat us was in.

Guest rykerx144

There has never been a machine built that would be able to measure the amount of air that will be let ouf of Hooks if he loses to a 2A school!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, someone talking about Hooks who has no clue about the man. If WOS loses to Kirbyville, then we lose to a team that was better than us that night. There is no shame in losing to a 2A school, especially one that is one year removed from being 3A. He may be upset, but it will be about the loss, not what classification the team that beat us was in.

u can say that because its the right thing to say but surely u dont believe that.  I do know Hooks well enough to now that is not true and so does the rest of southeast texas that is not a mustang fan!!!!!!!!!!

u can say that because its the right thing to say but surely u dont believe that.  I do know Hooks well enough to now that is not true and so does the rest of southeast texas that is not a mustang fan!!!!!!!!!!

I know and believe it and I assure you that I am as big a mustang fan as they come.

Tell me, just how well do you know Hooks? When was the last time you spoke with him? Do you know him personally, or just by what you read on message boards?

Guest rykerx144

I know and believe it and I assure you that I am as big a mustang fan as they come.

Tell me, just how well do you know Hooks? When was the last time you spoke with him? Do you know him personally, or just by what you read on message boards?

Well since I just recently started reading the message board it obviously wasnt here, and its no secret that your mentor is a awesome coach and has the desire to win like no man I ever met, but his ego would not allow him to lose to a 2a school and not have to sleep next to a bottle of pepto.

but his ego would not allow him to lose to a 2a school and not have to sleep next to a bottle of pepto.

Wow... I assume from your lack of response to my earlier post that you have never spoke with Dan. My guess is that you have never even met him, but you know enough about him to make comments about his ego on a public forum. I can assure you that if he cared that much, he wouldn't put them on the schedule. Hmmmm... maybe your knowledge of this game mirrors your knowledge of Hooks? Looks like it to me anyway.

Have you seen ANY of the teams you listed on this poll other than Kville? My guess is no... but you are still expert enough to say that Kville has the best chance. I'll say this, they ALL have the skill to beat WOS, but skill alone ain't enough. At this point, Jasper is the more likely of the list. They have performed well in scrimmages against quality competition.

Guest rykerx144

but his ego would not allow him to lose to a 2a school and not have to sleep next to a bottle of pepto.

Wow... I assume from your lack of response to my earlier post that you have never spoke with Dan. My guess is that you have never even met him, but you know enough about him to make comments about his ego on a public forum. I can assure you that if he cared that much, he wouldn't put them on the schedule. Hmmmm... maybe your knowledge of this game mirrors your knowledge of Hooks? Looks like it to me anyway.

Have you seen ANY of the teams you listed on this poll other than Kville? My guess is no... but you are still expert enough to say that Kville has the best chance. I'll say this, they ALL have the skill to beat WOS, but skill alone ain't enough. At this point, Jasper is the more likely of the list. They have performed well in scrimmages against quality competition.

well thats not true since ive lived and jasper for the past 14 years and before that i live in winnie so im a avid follower of HF, EC, Jasper and now Kirbyville.  The school ive probably seen play the least is silsbee.  There has been very few fridays I have missed a game in the past twenty years.  As for thinking Jasper is best because they have performed best in scrimmages dont really make any sense.  When you do well the first two scrimmages of the season all that tells me is that you have good depth.  Doing well against Ned or PNG in a scrimmage just days after practice has started is a far stretch from beating WOS in week 4 or 5 so well see....go bulldogs!!!!!

Not sure what he said but I think you're right, he doesn't know Coach.

No, he definitely doesn't...;)

...and I'm not real sure how him watching HF, EC, Jasper and Kirbyville the last 20 years makes him an expert on Hooks either. I'm still waiting for him to tie that all together for me. ::)

JR, when will the right players be put into positions? Did the Line get a good working Monday?

AT WOS, YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR SILVER HELMET. THE KIDS ON JV, THAT OR ON THE FENCE, WILL PLAY THERE BUTTS OFF IN GAME TIME SITUATIONS( OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS) AND EARN THERE SILVER HELMETS. WHEN THIS IS DONE, BY ABOUT WEEK 3 EVERYONE WILL BE IN THERE RIGHT POSITIONS, WITH THE LATEST CHANGES COMING RIGHT BEFORE DISTRICT. WASN'T AT PRACTICE TODAY, BUT THE PLAYBOOK WILL OPEN UP THIS WEEK, FROM WHAT MY BROTHER HAS TOLD ME.

I wouldnt get the big heads there WOS, any of them teams could very much so walk away with a win just look at what happend last week with Vidor

BUT WOS WILL HAVE 2 TEAMS BEAT THEM JASPER AND KVILLE

:D :D :D :D

If that's the case we still won't have loss a district game. That's what really matters.

I wouldnt get the big heads there WOS, any of them teams could very much so walk away with a win just look at what happend last week with Vidor

BUT WOS WILL HAVE 2 TEAMS BEAT THEM JASPER AND KVILLE

:D :D :D :D

What's funny about all the posts is the fact that some people are on here passing judgement about a team based on preseason scrimmages that mean nothing.  I mean I can remember the Patriots and Colts losing 3 out of 4 preseason games and then not losing but 3 more games in the next 19 games.  Does that mean that Tony Dungy and Billichek are poor coaches.  I mean by my calculations WOS is 34 - 4 in the last 3 years and all of the sudden they are gonna lose to Kville and Jasper?????  In my opinion WOS will continue to beat Kville by 4 or 5 TD's and Jasper will give them a run, as well as Nederland.  I just don't think that you can judge a team on ANY level from a preseason or scrimmage that DOES NOT COUNT!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami