Nederland Fans: Do We Have A Cause For Concern?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Offensive line play is goin to need to improve if Nederland wants to have a chance this year. Kirby was runnin for life during the first 4 or 5 drives. Plus, the running game isn't worth a darn, DUE TO poor run blocking...

D-Line impressed me thought, and Maddox (26) was puttin his hat on some people. Dionte (10) had very good lateral speed, but the secondary is still lackluster at best, typical!

But that's why we have these scrimmages, to see what areas that our teams need to improve in to be ready for week 0!

you guys will be fine belive me just hing in there you will see things will all work out. (WE ALL KNOW) jasper has always been a big play team,over the years thay live and die with the big plays nothen has changed over in jasper .bailey is a very fine QB as you saw yesterday,he (IS THE SPARK PLUG) if he is not clicking jasper is in for a LONG night. jasper has ALWAYS HAD SPEED so whats new there and for size well agan lastnight you saw a some BIG DOGS  and thats not new to enyone. coach brooks and his staff have done good over in jasper, BUT IF bailey goes down      jasper  will have a problem.my friends there in nederland , see u guys in two week    ps sorry for the spelling

Guest 87CRU79

First of all, Larry Neumann isn't goin to go balls out in a scrimmage with play calling and schemes.

With that being said, there was a definite lack in a sense of urgency with the boys last night. They didn't take the field with enthusiasm, and that concerns me. Like I've been saying in the threads prior to this one, the play of the offensive line will determine the outcome of the upcomning season. They weren't givin Bellow any protection during the first few drives. I don't think we even completed a pass til the 4th or 5th drive, that'll be a problem if we can't get that fixed soon. Plus, we didnt get the ball in Asa's hands til about the 5th drive or so, when we actually started throwin in his direction. Hopefully, we can get the kinks worked out on the offensive side of the ball before WOS next week.

Defense on the other hand, surprised me a bit. The D-Line was putting some pressure on the QB, but in typical Nederland fashion, we couldn't tackle him. Maddox (sp) was layin the wood out there, stickin his head in on almost every play. But our secondary....GOOD GOD....freakin ridiculous. Are we lost or something out there? Those kids seemed like they couldn't tell their left from right at times. It wasn't like they were having to cover TO, Moss, and Chad Johnson. Just write that off as another thing to work on I suppose

Let's hope Larry and the crew can get our boys excited and prepared to play next week

First of all, Larry Neumann isn't goin to go balls out in a scrimmage with play calling and schemes.

With that being said, there was a definite lack in a sense of urgency with the boys last night. They didn't take the field with enthusiasm, and that concerns me. Like I've been saying in the threads prior to this one, the play of the offensive line will determine the outcome of the upcomning season. They weren't givin Bellow any protection during the first few drives. I don't think we even completed a pass til the 4th or 5th drive, that'll be a problem if we can't get that fixed soon. Plus, we didnt get the ball in Asa's hands til about the 5th drive or so, when we actually started throwin in his direction. Hopefully, we can get the kinks worked out on the offensive side of the ball before WOS next week.

Defense on the other hand, surprised me a bit. The D-Line was putting some pressure on the QB, but in typical Nederland fashion, we couldn't tackle him. Maddox (sp) was layin the wood out there, stickin his head in on almost every play. But our secondary....GOOD GOD....freakin ridiculous. Are we lost or something out there? Those kids seemed like they couldn't tell their left from right at times. It wasn't like they were having to cover TO, Moss, and Chad Johnson. Just write that off as another thing to work on I suppose

Let's hope Larry and the crew can get our boys excited and prepared to play next week

Was Asa wearing #4 or #21?

Guest 87CRU79

21 - Cardenas

7 - Brady

4 - Salenga

5 - Vidrine

I also saw a 9 and 23, but I'm not sure of their names. Actually, there were a lot of kids I didn't really recognize last night...

you guys will be fine believe me just hing in there you will see things will all work out. (WE ALL KNOW) jasper has always been a big play team,over the years they live and die with the big plays nothen has changed over in jasper .bailey is a very fine QB as you saw yesterday,he (IS THE SPARK PLUG) if he is not clicking jasper is in for a LONG night. jasper has ALWAYS HAD SPEED so whats new there and for size well again lastnight you saw a some BIG DOGS  and that's not new to enyone. coach brooks and his staff have done good over in jasper, BUT IF bailey goes down      Jasper will have a problem.my friends there in nederland , see u guys in two week     ps sorry for the spelling

Skipper, you stated Jasper will have a problem if Bailey goes down, in your mind you might be right but please give the other kids on the team the respect, maybe you didn't noticed the other quarterback, or the receivers, or better yet the stud of running backs we have(Armstrong and ELLIS), YOU ALSO FORGOT THE DEFENSE AND O LINE. I ADMIT IT WAS JUST A SCRIMMAGE, BOTH TEAMS LOOKED GOOD WITH ALOT MORE IMPROVEMENT TO GO, Nederl and will be good, I was just surprised they didn't get the ball into number 21 hands I think his name Carden es. Good luck to both teams. 

i am very sorry,i agree with you on that part my friend.jasper is loaded with some very gifted kids ,but so much talk this year and last was all about the QB bailey very little talk about the other kids on the team,was talk about the recivers not much but some.i had the pleaser to see jasper play wo-s last year and i told myself this is a buch of good kids  you guys have comming back and i can see that at this early point,i wish all your kids the best this year and GOD watch over (ALL OUR KIDS)

I agree with most everyone on here, ( things i have read thus far ) . We definately need lots of work in the secondary, we also need to take care of Kirby much better than we did last night.... we did get off to a ruff start but the offense did pick it up in the second half...we just have so many weapons...and we are still gonna get Krautz back..soon i hope..then you have Salenga, Brady, Cardenas,Grogan,Vidrine who i think had a really good game last night,  we for sure have some big playmakers....... and for the defense .

Grogan, Landry, Deonte all turned in good preformances,  if you think about it we are still a little inexperenced on the line.. as far as being in a panic mode..i don't think so..i think this team will defiantely turn it around..we are going to need to work out a few kinks and we'll be fine by next Friday night 

The Bulldogs do have a cause for concern.  Thy need to be concerned with the big bad Indian down the road that's coming to scalp em'.  Don't see dogs doing much this year but crawling back to the doghouse with their tale between their legs.

We all remember what happened the last time they played a PURPLE AND WHITE team....

At least this year the Bulldogs only have to lose once to a PURPLE AND WHITE team!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder