Manny is Going to the Dodgers

Manny Ramirez's stormy relationship with the Boston Red Sox appears to be over.

A baseball source has confirmed Ramirez has been traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers, ESPN.com has learned.

Jason Bay is going to Boston as part of the deal, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reported. And the Pittsburgh Pirates get four minor leaguers as part of the three-way deal.

Third baseman Andy LaRoche and right-handed pitcher Bryan Morris will go to the Pirates from the Dodgers. Outfielder Brandon Moss and right-handed pitcher Craig Hansen will leave the Red Sox orgianization for Pittsburgh, ESPN.com has learned.

Guest BCNatureBoy

The Dodgers don't deserve him either. He just pisses me off with the effort he gives, and making that much money. Wish they'd kick him out of the game.

this SUCKS!

You ticked he was  not traded to Lumberton?

lol we could use the help.

its just the sox can't replace him..

they're basing this trade off the fact that jd drew did good last month, and they can only pray he continues to do well. 40 homers a year.. his postseason experience. you can't replace him.

i agree that the red sox will not be able to replace manny...i have been a red sox follower for years and still will be and manny was a major asset to there team with his experience. The Sox i think shouldn't have traded him. They should have just punished him in some other way for his efforts on the field not trade him.

i agree that the red sox will not be able to replace manny...i have been a red sox follower for years and still will be and manny was a major asset to there team with his experience. The Sox i think shouldn't have traded him. They should have just punished him in some other way for his efforts on the field not trade him.

how do you punish someone who doesn't care about anything?  sit him on the bench?  he'll enjoy the break.  complain to the media?  he's the master of that.  the sox may suffer a bit offensively from his loss, but i doubt many of his teammates will be sad to see him go.  his poor attitude and work ethic will not be missed.  his replacement is a very good player, so the dropoff might be less noticeable than many people think. 

ya i agree. hard to punish him when he wants to leave. athletes like him dont care about whats good for the team. they care about attention being centered on them. if its not than they change it. Manny wanted to leave. I think the Rsoxs were smart in trading him. i mean, ya he was a great asset to the team when he "played", i mean REALLY played. but he wasnt putting out enough effort. its mlb, its a business. he was getting paid to preform, not cause drama and contreversy. Manny was a distraction to the team and will be a distraction as long as hes not getting everything his way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder