Lufkin ISD Using Entire Home Side For Reserved Seating/Opinions!

What Lufkin is saying is they only want their fans at the game!!!!It is bad enough when their fans are on one side, but now you have to deal with gang bangers from the "hood" on the visitors side!! It will not go over very well with "the Woodlands People"!! :'(

I have been to a half dozen or so games at Abe Martin stadium in the last few years. The home side is impossible to sit in, their season tickets sales are crazy. The visitors side always has had a large number of Lufkin supporters sit in it. For the most part they are civilized and cheer their team on, but I have witnessed some things get out of control. I was there a couple of years ago when the Woodlands was there. Their was some Lufkin supporters who were there for nothing but trouble. I didn't care who won, was just enjoying a high school football game but was very uncomfortable with what was starting to go on around me. I left my seat before the game was over. Their was not enough security in the stands. The police who were there were all talking together under the visitors stands.

Longview is doing the exact same thing. I have also been to a game at Abe Martin and I agree with the other poster. The visitors side is almost half Lufkin fans. We were there for the first of the 2 meetings between Longivew and Lufkin. They have a lost standing and bitter rivalry, but there were not any problems. There were cops everywhere. I am very happy about this being done in Longview. My father-in-law's tickets are at the top of the stadium and because of the way it's built, we back up to the area in front of the concession stands. It will be nice to not have a ton of kids hanging out right behind us. The band and student section has always been on the visitors side, but the kids don't sit over there. Now they will have to unless they are going to buy season tickets. There is always a list of people who want season tickets, but there weren't enough. Now there will be and this is the same case for Lufkin.

Longview is doing the exact same thing. I have also been to a game at Abe Martin and I agree with the other poster. The visitors side is almost half Lufkin fans. We were there for the first of the 2 meetings between Longivew and Lufkin. They have a lost standing and bitter rivalry, but there were not any problems. There were cops everywhere. I am very happy about this being done in Longview. My father-in-law's tickets are at the top of the stadium and because of the way it's built, we back up to the area in front of the concession stands. It will be nice to not have a ton of kids hanging out right behind us. The band and student section has always been on the visitors side, but the kids don't sit over there. Now they will have to unless they are going to buy season tickets. There is always a list of people who want season tickets, but there weren't enough. Now there will be and this is the same case for Lufkin.

remember the Longview game in 2003 in Lufkin?  ;D ;D

What Lufkin is saying is they only want their fans at the game!!!!It is bad enough when their fans are on one side, but now you have to deal with gang bangers from the "hood" on the visitors side!! It will not go over very well with "the Woodlands People"!! :'(

Who gives a crap what "The Woodlands People" think?  They're all stuck up & their football program is overrated.  Perhaps Lufkin can return the favor & pull a chicken "crap" stunt like the Woodlands & have all of the Woodlands cars towed away after being parked at a bank that was already closed on a Friday night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jameshardy123
    Newest Member
    jameshardy123