*Lumberton Raiders 2008 Football Team Preview*

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Review! I watched the raiders last year in BH play Smiley and the Lamarque game, they had a good squad last year and there fans were awesome. Look forward to the BH/Lumberton game this year!!

Good Review! I watched the raiders last year in BH play Smiley and the Lamarque game, they had a good squad last year and there fans were awesome. Look forward to the BH/Lumberton game this year!!

BH will crush Lumberton.

BH will crush Lumberton.

:o Oh your gonna gettem going now ETBU  :o !

most of our OL is back, most of our DL is back. Our best defensive player is back. Hussey's replacments both avged over 8 yards a carry and are bigger and faster than Hussey. but your right Lumberton is gonna be horrible

I feel good about this years BH team and finally can all out root for them since we longer share the pie. BH has a really good QB and a strong junior class coming up. They will be OK and wish I could witness this one but hey gotta follow them Red and Black fellers.  ;D

most of our OL is back, most of our DL is back. Our best defensive player is back. Hussey's replacments both avged over 8 yards a carry and are bigger and faster than Hussey. but your right Lumberton is gonna be horrible

according to the review-"a total of six starters" are returning---is that incorrect?

what exactly does that have to do with our results this year?  ??? most of the starters this year were on varsity lastyear. so they are obviously good.. and we have one of the strongest coaching staffs around. so how about you wait until after a few games to make that assumption.

Guest Luv Ya Blue

Let em talk! They all said the same crap last year and look what we did! We have a great Coach who is building a program.

according to the review-"a total of six starters" are returning---is that incorrect?

Exactly.  You only have two starters coming back on Offense.  So your "whole o-line" is not coming back.  Neither is your "whole defensive line".  The RB is going to have a tough time finding holes with a brand new o-line.

Actually Kyle Gilliam C(6'1" 255 5.1 Honorable mention All-State), Hunter Howden T(6'5" 280 5.3 currently holds 6 D-1 offers and LSU, Oklahoma State are considering offering), and Matt Burkhalter were all starters at some point. Burkhalter played as a blocking TE in our 2 tight set and is the strongest OL on the Team. Seth Cook a Jr. will take PJ Hartts place and Seth (6 250, 5.08) is also a very talented young player. Mark Murrill will also play some Guard and is extremely talented 6'1" 240 4.85 at the TCU camp and Joey Swetland a Jr is also looking very good and is another Young player we are looking to contribute. Taylor Granato was a starter last year at WR until he got Staph infection in his collar bone and missed from the Dayton game on and Jacob Hanna played alot of Tailback and Fullback last season ran for around 400 yards last season and avg over 8 yards per carry. his sophmore season he started against Nederland bc hussy was hurt and ran for 137 yards on 24 carries and had 2 TDs. also returned 3 kicks for TDs last year. Anthony Beard will also play some tailback and had over 400 yards last year 6 TDs and avg over 8 yards per carry.

DL wise Duvall DE, Hanna DE, Murrill NT are returning leaving us one spot to fill

i hope Lumberton has the same kind of year they had last year.  even if they dont make the playoffs this year i hope they keep building their program and have a successful season.  i also like coach credeur, he seems to be doing a very good job in Lumberton.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

BH will crush Lumberton.

BH will "CRUSH" Lumberton? These BH fans and/or Lumberton Haters must think that BH is some kind of powerhouse if they think they are going to "CRUSH" us? What a joke! Just wondering... does anyone know if those two clowns that tried tearing up the Lumberton HS are still on the team and playing against us?

I remember some of BH's players were crying on the field .

I was a first hand witness when the L-train rolled right over BH in the scrimmage last year.

BH will crush Lumberton.

BH will "CRUSH" Lumberton? These BH fans and/or Lumberton Haters must think that BH is some kind of powerhouse if they think they are going to "CRUSH" us? What a joke! Just wondering... does anyone know if those two clowns that tried tearing up the Lumberton HS are still on the team and playing against us?

R yall serious.....really? first off it was a scrimage "HAUSE" not only that it was the first scrimage of the year, that means nothing.....and second we lost 8 senior starters this year....who do yall have coming back? "Anthony Baird" sorry if were not ready tuck tale and run just yet ::) ;D

my post is on the first page if you would like to read it again plus our JV went 7-2-1 so their will be some qaulity young players from that group also but heres another run down of starters.

Offensive Returners

Center Kyle Gilliam (6'1 255 5.1 Honorable Mention All-State)

Tackle Hunter Howden (6'5 289 5.3 Currently has 6 D-1 Offers and LSU and Oklahoma State are considering offering)

Tackle Matt Burkhalter(5'9 240 5.5 Started as a blocking TE last season in the last 4 games and is the Strongest lineman on the team)

Tailback Jacob Hanna (6' 215 4.5 soph stats 402yds 4 TDs 7.6ypc Jr Stats 387 yds 8.4ypc 5TDs 3 Kickoffs returned for TDs)

Tailback/Fullback Antony Beard (6' 210 4.7 Soph Stats 407yds 6TDs 8.7ypc)

WR Taylor Granato (6'1" 160 4.7 was a started until season was ended by Staph Infection before Dayton Game. Led the WR in Cut blocks. best game was against New Caney 2 catches 70 yards 1TD

Defensive Returners

Kendall Duvall DE (6' 205 4.7, 6 sacks last season best game was against LaMarque)

Jacob Hanna DE (6' 215 4.5, 6 sacks last season from DT 49 tackles 20TFL)

Mark Murrill NT/LB (6'2" 240 4.85 at the TCU camp. not sure on stats but was a big play maker last season and continues to Develop as an athlete that he might make the move to LB because of depth at the OL/DL

Antony Beard MLB (6' 210 4.7 Honorable mention All-State, 1st team Beaumont Super Gold Team, 1st Team all-district as a Sophmore last season. Also started as a Freshman. 110 tackles 14 for loss 4 sacks and 2 INTs. also Schools such as Texas, Alabama, LSU, TCU, and so on have all been by to look at him and has been invited to their summer camps to look at him.

Jesse Sparks SS/WR (5'10 175 4.7 was a back up last season as a sophmore but expect big things from him as a SS and WR has alot of ability and plays with aggression

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86