21-3a in State Tournament....

There will certainly be some obstacles to hurdle on the way to Austin: Navasota, Crockett, etc.; but hopefully we'll have another regional final of HJ vs. Silsbee.  How about you Tigers letting us Hawks win this time?

::)

Guest tigersvoice

There will certainly be some obstacles to hurdle on the way to Austin: Navasota, Crockett, etc.; but hopefully we'll have another regional final of HJ vs. Silsbee.  How about you Tigers letting us Hawks win this time?

Admittedly, the Tigers are returning three starters along with a "Big" guy that got a lot of playing time last year and I expect them to be good.  But don't start that crying :o crying already jetski.  It's not like the Hawks don't have ANYBODY returning.  I see a scenario very much like the 2007/08 season - with one or the other advancing to Austin. 8)

Admittedly, the Tigers are returning three starters along with a "Big" guy that got a lot of playing time last year and I expect them to be good.  But don't start that crying :o crying already jetski.  It's not like the Hawks don't have ANYBODY returning.  I see a scenario very much like the 2007/08 season - with one or the other advancing to Austin. 8)

I am certainly not "crying" as you suggest - I was simply trying to bring some levity to the subject.  But after taking in your reply to the post, it seems like someone has some doubts or misgivings as to what the future holds for Silsbee basketball for the 2008-2009 season.

It been a minute since I been on this site and I really miss hearing everyone opinions on all teams this year. I been following some of the team this summer for summer league basketball. Like always it anybody game on any given night so you have to bring your A game. There will be a 21-3A team representing State again this year (hopes it Silsbee). Silsbee does bring back there big guy and good group of experienced players. HJ got there duo threat it Jarvis Benard and Trey Burrell. Truly I don't think HJ has a big man but Burrell will step up and take over that leadership in the post area. Jarvis will take over the guard area too. Silsbee will still have that full court press team like they have had for years and it will be better this year too. Now Bluedove3 unless HF really got a new set of players don't really bring them in because I don't even see them running for a playoff spots this year. As a matter of fact all 3 spots are taken by now with Silsbee, HJ, and O-field. Exactly how good will O-field be this upcoming year.

It been a minute since I been on this site and I really miss hearing everyone opinions on all teams this year. I been following some of the team this summer for summer league basketball. Like always it anybody game on any given night so you have to bring your A game. There will be a 21-3A team representing State again this year (hopes it Silsbee). Silsbee does bring back there big guy and good group of experienced players. HJ got there duo threat it Jarvis Benard and Trey Burrell. Truly I don't think HJ has a big man but Burrell will step up and take over that leadership in the post area. Jarvis will take over the guard area too. Silsbee will still have that full court press team like they have had for years and it will be better this year too. Now Bluedove3 unless HF really got a new set of players don't really bring them in because I don't even see them running for a playoff spots this year. As a matter of fact all 3 spots are taken by now with Silsbee, HJ, and O-field. Exactly how good will O-field be this upcoming year.

I agree with Master T, Bluedove, until HF does something on the court and shows they are a competitive team in this district, then there isnt really a reason to talk about them.  Maybe there will be some day but thats just how it is now.  To answer your question Master T about Orangefield, they will be pretty good again next year.  Their 2 biggest losses were Jeremy Granger and Jared Helton, but much like HJ and Silsbee, they still have a lot coming back.  In fact, this year they have a chance to be better.  They had a strong JV team last year, and some of those guys will step in and fill roles on varsity to give them a deeper bench than last year.  I heard from one of the players that OF played Silsbee once in summer league and played them close till the end but lost.  I also heard in summer league they have beaten Nederland, LCM, Kelly, Vidor, and Legacy (sometimes without all the varsity there too).  I know a group of these kids has been playing in summer league and weekend tournaments, along with open gym.  I know HJ and Silsbee get a lot of hype on this board, but i think Orangefield will give them a run for their money again next year like they did in some games last year. 

saw the of/silsbee game this summer silsbee had 3 varsity players and 5 freshman all played equal time and the won by 12

I agree with Master T, Bluedove, until HF does something on the court and shows they are a competitive team in this district, then there isnt really a reason to talk about them.  Maybe there will be some day but thats just how it is now.  To answer your question Master T about Orangefield, they will be pretty good again next year.  Their 2 biggest losses were Jeremy Granger and Jared Helton, but much like HJ and Silsbee, they still have a lot coming back.  In fact, this year they have a chance to be better.  They had a strong JV team last year, and some of those guys will step in and fill roles on varsity to give them a deeper bench than last year.  I heard from one of the players that OF played Silsbee once in summer league and played them close till the end but lost.  I also heard in summer league they have beaten Nederland, LCM, Kelly, Vidor, and Legacy (sometimes without all the varsity there too).  I know a group of these kids has been playing in summer league and weekend tournaments, along with open gym.  I know HJ and Silsbee get a lot of hype on this board, but i think Orangefield will give them a run for their money again next year like they did in some games last year. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder