Shetland - Tournament Thread - Updates

vhs

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job by both teams tonight!!! Words gettin around bout all the small talk goin round. Remember coaches there might be people in the stands listening so watch what you say! Remember that ole sayin, Dont let your mouth overload your a** !!!!!!!!!

I have not heard much trash talking.  All the coaches have been very polite to me (at least to my face  ;)). 

Port Arthur beat Orange 25-14 on Sunday night.

Lazeek, you are very kind by naming us as the team to beat.  And our boys have looked good in both games.  However, your TC team has also looked very solid against two good teams as well.  I certainly hope that we come out on top on Wednesday night, but I have lots of respect for all of the teams still left in the tournament. 

I would guess that Port Arthur and Groves will win on Tuesday (and I mean no disrepect to the TC and Orange teams, it is just a prediction).  Then we will have 4 very solid teams left for Wednesday.

Good Luck to Everyone still in, and hopefully the weather will continue to cooperate.  That field has dried up a lot.  It could absorb lots more water at this point, but if we have nighttime thunderstorms one evening, we could still get postponed.

Guest bbguru01

Good job by both teams tonight!!! Words gettin around bout all the small talk goin round. Remember coaches there might be people in the stands listening so watch what you say! Remember that ole sayin, Dont let your mouth overload your a** !!!!!!!!!

Please elaborate....

Down to the Final Four...........who will prevail??????

Tomorrow nights games:

6pm  Groves American #1 (3-1) verses Port Arthur (2-1)

7:45pm  Vidor#2(2-0) Really there #1 team verses TC #1(2-0)

The way it should be......4 Number 1 seeds still alive.

Predictions anyone???

I am already 2-0 with my predictions from last night.  I think I should stop while I am ahead.

;)

Congrats to Everyone still in.  The last 4 teams are all very good teams. 

Even the weather has held nicely.  Thanks to Port Arthur for making this tournament the very best that it could be. 

Thanks to the few at port arthur from us too!  (T.C.)  Theres been complaints from day one but thanks to the few, we have had some good games out there. Its hard to tell who will come out on top, 4 great ball clubs about to match up but most importantly its hard to predict 5 and 6 year olds from day to day on who's gonna show up for the game or whos not!!!!

I second the effort put forth by the few people at Port Arthur who worked on the field.  I believe they have made the best out of their fields.  Remember our own fields were not always is great shape.

As far as complaining, no matter how good the fields are, there will always be people who will complain.  Normally they are the ones not putting forth any effort.

We received a lot of rain (including hail) in Beaumont today (actually as I type).  I am only approx. 20 minutes from the field.

How is the field in Port Arthur for tonights showdown between Vidor 2 (really Vidor 1) and TC 1?  Does anyone have an update?

Good luck to the remaining teams.

Guest bbguru01

It rained for about 20 minutes today and it has stopped as of now.I havent seen the fields but someone in a  earlier post said they could hold a little more rain if needed..

Talked to KFDMCoop on the phone right at 5 and he said it was spotty showers all over SE Texas today.  Some places got as much as 1-2 inches.  Hopefully PA Pony Park is not one of them.  He said some more showers could be expected this evening between 8 and 9.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder