Still Searching for a Coach...... Larry Neumann To La Marque?

If one players goes out or down there is one waiting to take his place. The only difference between LM and Nederland is the talent.

My point exactly. LM has, year in and year out, one of the most athletic teams in the state. LM thrives on athleticism, Nederland on teamwork and smarts. 

I was under the impression you were saying that LM depends on one star athlete like some other team we have played before. What's so bad about having kids of equal talent waiting once given the opportunity. I see LM as having many athletes at multiple positions that use teamwork and football smarts. The combination is what wins games. Give me an example of LM not having teamwork or football smarts so I can try to understand the point you are trying to make......

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neuman would be a great fit for the LaMarque program because of his great credentials and what he could do to bring out the best in every player he has. There's not a coaching job in the state of texas he could not handle regardless of the high profile situation it may be. Even I would hate to see Nederland lose a great coach but things happens. One thing I do hope is that Nederland do not go thru  and that is the same thing Central did and that is lose more than Neumann as a coach. If you don't think losing at least 4 of your top coaches like they did and you still expect to have a great season good luck. If Neumann gets the job and he then put together his best stafff possible look for more than him to leave because he will take the best of the rest with him, leaving Nederland with choosing a new staff and finding the other coaches to guide their staff and those young men will not be easy. It will definetly show up when the season start as did Central. It wasn't talent that they did not compete but the lost of several good top coaches and the communication and adjustments was just not there. You can have the best of all talent but if the best coaches are not in the proper position you will see it. Good luck to Mr. Nuemann and the Nederland community and hope that all the right decisions are made for the best to their fine program. LaMarque just want you guys to know that you will not go wrong in choosing Neumann or any top coach thats out there.

He's gone as far as he can with Nederland, which is saying alot.  He inherited an awful program and made a winner out of it.  I think Nederland's community support rivals LaMarque's, but the overall program will give him more to work with - better lower level programs, more speed, better skill position players, etc.  On the flip side, he'll be centered in a town that will be quick to turn on him if he doesn't make it to the state title game within two years.    

....well said!

Guest Penny

He has proven to have pretty good judgement, if he's leveraging for something, I would think the community would be in favor.  Like I said, go ahead and add a line item.

Well I can give you one example of the lack of "Football smarts" all the senseless penalties and thugerry(is that a word?) committed  in the Lumberton LaMarque playoff game.

Come on now Admin and moderators, you have really got to controll statements and opinions made on this board that has absolutly no place on this forum. I know everyone has the right of free speech but somtimes things are better left unsaid. I know this individual is trying to express his or her feelings but lets not undermind the character of others, Since no one will first correct this person and inform him or her that the above word used to describe a situation is definitly  not a word and is certainly not a penalty in the sport of football or any other sports I know. How do we expect others to be fair and balanced when someone is trying to demeanor another program without cause, It should not be accepted here or elsewhere as far as I am concern,  PLEASE BE RESPECTIVE OF OTHERS.....

If one players goes out or down there is one waiting to take his place. The only difference between LM and Nederland is the talent.

My point exactly. LM has, year in and year out, one of the most athletic teams in the state. LM thrives on athleticism, Nederland on teamwork and smarts. 

I was under the impression you were saying that LM depends on one star athlete like some other team we have played before. What's so bad about having kids of equal talent waiting once given the opportunity. I see LM as having many athletes at multiple positions that use teamwork and football smarts. The combination is what wins games. Give me an example of LM not having teamwork or football smarts so I can try to understand the point you are trying to make......

Well I can give you one example of the lack of "Football smarts" all the senseless penalties and Lumberton LaMarque playoff game.

I would not necessarily say that was a lack of football smarts.....that was lack of discipline on both sides of the ball....and  discipline can be lost in the classroom, on the field, or in everyday life.....both teams committed dumb fouls and that doesn't make one action less severe that the other...........

i think if Larry Neumann gets the LM job, you will see a lamarque team that is disiplined and well coached in the fundamentals of football.  i could see coach neumann building that team into the incredible force they once were under coach alan waddell.  i saw those lamarque teams in the mid 90's..........very scary.  :o

It really frustrates me that Neumann would do this.  What does he want out of the bond that he is not getting?  I am a huge Neumann fan and I think he has done an incredible job with our program. I would be for doing what it takes to keep him around.  My only concern is the cost of this bond issue... anyone know how much of a tax increase we are talking about?

It really frustrates me that Neumann would do this.  What does he want out of the bond that he is not getting?  I am a huge Neumann fan and I think he has done an incredible job with our program. I would be for doing what it takes to keep him around.  My only concern is the cost of this bond issue... anyone know how much of a tax increase we are talking about?

DME- that was just a suggestion by me about him using it as leverage, I don't have any proof that it is true.  As far as the bond goes, I think there were recommendations that were made at last nights board meeting.

Then I say let him go.  I hate to see it happen. But I hate it even worse to see a coach whos heart is really somewhere else coaching our kids.  I think there are probably several very good coaches willing to come to Nederland.  If he is going to go I would rather it be now so that we can get our coach in and get our kids ready for next season.

LET IT GO MID-COUNTY!  So he applied at one of the leading programs in the state, BIG DEAL.

How many of you have looked into applying for a job with Motiva,etc. while still working at Mobil,etc.?

It is just that every time a coach puts his name out there,  it is public record and anyone can see the list if they file the proper papers because schools are gov. agencies, so to speak. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder