*HJ vs. Silsbee/74-52 HJ WINS/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

Look back at your posts, it was implied that Silsbee had such an easier road due to Possible HJ/Navasota game which is still 2 games out.  Lets not forget that OF is in the same bracket and has just as good of a chance as being there as well.  Of course Silsbee would not want to lose a game for any reason but apparently you are not aware of something called sarcasm!  Some of you sure are easy to get rialed up.  As for heckler page, glead they have created it that way I know for sure not to waste my time trying to hear anything basketball related.  Keep up the cheers though I am sure you all are doing a fine job.  ;D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look back at your posts, it was implied that Silsbee had such an easier road due to Possible HJ/Navasota game which is still 2 games out.  Lets not forget that OF is in the same bracket and has just as good of a chance as being there as well.  Of course Silsbee would not want to lose a game for any reason but apparently you are not aware of something called sarcasm!  Some of you sure are easy to get rialed up.  As for heckler page, glead they have created it that way I know for sure not to waste my time trying to hear anything basketball related.  Keep up the cheers though I am sure you all are doing a fine job.  ;D

What you said didn't seem to include sarcasm. You actually tried to justify your comments during the post. I'm just wondering---Are you BI-POLAR??

Guest tigersvoice

Fair enough, but shackbully and myself neither one of us knew that, we sat by each other at the game and thought that it was a tie breaker for 1st. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I haven't been into highschool basketball but for the last two and half years. Anyone from HJ that knows me can vouch for me on that  ;D

I know the rules pretty good becuase I work with a recently retired ref. but not how the UIL rules work.

Congratulations on the CO-CHAMPIONSHIP!

PEACE!  And go kick Navasota's butt.  I think their ego is larger than their talent pool.

After all of the back and forth, it was nice to see the hawks win this one big.  I think the question about the best team in district is answered.  That being said, Silsbee is a very, very good team, and are perfectly capable of going as far or farther than the hawks in the playoffs.  Good luck to both teams, and hopefully we'll have a 4th game to talk about!

Guest beat-em_deep

You could deffinitely tell the difference in HJ having Trey back. The Hawks played sloppy the first half but looked more like themselves the second half. They still have room for improvement but they looked better tonight. Jarvis looked real good and the rest of the guys are getting it back together at the right time. Silsbee fought hard and stayed in the game till the first part of the third quarter then HJ took over. Silsbee has some great athletes and they should go far in the playoffs. Congrats HJ and don't take any prisoners the rest of the way. Good Luck to both teams.

true dat. the atmosphere is just better with trey smashing on people.

And dont 4get about jacoby =D

Guest tigersvoice

Jocoby dunk hard on them boyz he was goin for that last dunk until he miss it but Jarvis did them boyz in Good game and i might ask coach about being manager on the basketball team

Well, I'd say that's just about ALL the Hawks need to send them all the way. ::)

One more thing.  I read the majority of this thread and I see very little credit going to Coach Sutherland.  Sure, he has some talent, but there is a lot to be said for the adjustments he makes in each game.  Not only that, H-J has one of the top little dribbler programs around.  Don't ever think that doesn't make a difference.  The parents involved there have done a heck of a job with giving him a pool of talent year in and year out.  Then, you look around and see Coach S coaching in the groups he is legally able to coach in.  He obviously understands that if you get the kids playing at an early age, they will excell in High School.  At OF our basketball kids fight the misplaced idea that we are a football school.  All that being said, there is a lot of credit to go around at H-J!

One more thing.  I read the majority of this thread and I see very little credit going to Coach Sutherland.  Sure, he has some talent, but there is a lot to be said for the adjustments he makes in each game.  Not only that, H-J has one of the top little dribbler programs around.  Don't ever think that doesn't make a difference.  The parents involved there have done a heck of a job with giving him a pool of talent year in and year out.  Then, you look around and see Coach S coaching in the groups he is legally able to coach in.  He obviously understands that if you get the kids playing at an early age, they will excell in High School.  At OF our basketball kids fight the misplaced idea that we are a football school.  All that being said, there is a lot of credit to go around at H-J!

We appreciate your comments about our basketball program. Coach Sutherland is a great coach and is the best at making adjustments during the course of a game. I'm not sure about OF's Football first mentallity (since I don't live there) but your little dribblers program has made tremendous strides thru the past years and your Varsity Basketball records are reflecting this. Ya"ll are putting some great players on the floor!!! You should feel proud..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder