Best Overall Coaching Staff In SE Texas?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humble has had to same staff for about fifteen to twenty years and they are not bad. Huffman is not bad but we have more Coaching staff's than Honduras has had presidents. :shock:

Guest bulldogbark

homer....I like the way Coach lauve instills the spirit of HS football into the kids....great Coach but also someone who cares about the kids...with him being the athetic director this year you can bet not only will Jasper be competitive in just about every sport but sportsmanship will be among the top priorities of the coaches and players. I one am proud to say that (unless I didnt know) I have never heard anyone say that Jasper and its athletes have ever been rude, dirty, cheaters or unsportsman like at any time......that something I can say I am proud of...ok now hit me hard :D

homer....I like the way Coach lauve instills the spirit of HS football into the kids....great Coach but also someone who cares about the kids...with him being the athetic director this year you can bet not only will Jasper be competitive in just about every sport but sportsmanship will be among the top priorities of the coaches and players. I one am proud to say that (unless I didnt know) I have never heard anyone say that Jasper and its athletes have ever been rude' date=' dirty, cheaters or unsportsman like at any time......that something I can say I am proud of...ok now hit me hard :D[/quote']I'm sure other coaches do this as well, but Coach Lauve also teaches character. Each week they focus on another aspect of character and what builds character. Some of these kids don't have a father figure (or a good one) and I think Coach Lauve is a great role model.

Even though I feel the midcounty teams get too much media attention I do like Neuman at Nederland. His teams do not have the talent a lot of other teams have but mistakes are kept to a minimum and that is the key to winning.

I remember just before the PA schools merged Lincoln had tremendous talent, size, and speed but they lacked the discipline needed in the game. Offsides and just minor penalties killed tem. If those kids were more solid in the fundamentals they would have been awesome.

I remember just before the PA schools merged Lincoln had tremendous talent' date=' size, and speed but they lacked the discipline needed in the game. Offsides and just minor penalties killed tem. If those kids were more solid in the fundamentals they would have been awesome.[/quote']Very true. Lincoln could have been a powerhouse. They just had no dicipline.

But there is nothing better than the feeling of seeing the monsters versus your smaller team and your team getting the win. Sometimes in pregame warmups I would just sit in awe at the size of some teams and their players, but only 11 of them are out there at a time.

Since you brought up Lincoln with all the talent but no discipline I was wondering if anyone else feels that way about Ozen, they always have way more college signees than every school in the area and plenty of athletes yet they struggle always to make it out of the first round in the playoffs. I dont know if its discipline, the coaching staff or both. What do yall think

Guest GoStangs

The sign of good coaching is when a team is consistently strong. Newton, WOS, Nederland are elites in the area. As far as other head coaches go, Tarver at BC has a history of achievement, as does Harper at Burkeville.

Guest airitout123

I had someone who runs the chains at the Silsbee games tell me once that Jasper's players and staff are the most respectful group they ever had come through. These guys have been doing these chains for years and have seen a lot of teams. I am not a Jasper fan but have to respect what that staff has done.

our coaching staff does a great job of getting us prepared and keeping us in shape and disciplined, but i think the best coaches or the ones who get the most out of their players are the ones with a little fire in them, the ones who get excited in the locker room, or the ones who run sprints in practice (joe paterno), stuff like that is great. coach barnett and his staff have to be in this conversation too.

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights
Since you brought up Lincoln with all the talent but no discipline I was wondering if anyone else feels that way about Ozen' date=' they always have way more college signees than every school in the area and plenty of athletes yet they struggle always to make it out of the first round in the playoffs. I dont know if its discipline, the coaching staff or both. What do yall think[/quote'] We'll have to see how the new staff at Ozen does because they always have talent.

The sign of good coaching is when a team is consistently strong. Newton' date=' WOS, Nederland are elites in the area. As far as other head coaches go, Tarver at BC has a history of achievement, as does Harper at Burkeville.[/quote'] Ole Roy still Coaching...

The most important aspect of building a strong program is consistency. Ozen has been through twice as many coaches in it's 8 years as WO-S has in 28. Once they let someone have time to develop the program, from the ground up, I feel they will be one of the premier programs in the area. If they don't, they will continue to be inconsistent.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder