Nederland @ Vidor/ 2-8-08

Looks like i will be the first one to post. And i am gonna say it will be a very close game cause vidor has been kind of impressive in their wins however they squeaked by central with two PK's and an accidental goal. I think Nederland is gonna be wantin this more im goin with upset.

Bottom Line:  Nederland 2 Vidor 1

We will be selling chicken and sausage gumbo at the game if any of the Nederland fans are interested.  $5.00 a bowl (includes a drink).  I believe the JV game starts at 5:00.  The gumbo should be ready then.

Pre-sale tickets have already been sold however you will be able to buy at the game also.  If you are planning on eating gumbo you should make sure you get there early just in case we run out.

My prediction:  Vidor 3 Nederland 2 (OT)

Should be a great game, i think it will go into OT either with a tie at 1's or 2's at the end of regulation. And in OT it could really go either way i think that whoever wants it more will take this one....but if i were a bettin' man teenager, i would put my money on Ned.

How many big games does vidor have to win for soccer gurus around here to give them some respect... Let me remind ya'll of what this team has done so far because you people choose to ignore the facts. The first district game the pirates traveled to Lumberton with a prediction of 5 goals underdog by the board's experts. The pirates ended up losing 3 to 2  on ot after dominating the entire game.  With two minutes to go in the game Vidor was winning 2 to 1.  They missed a pk and Lumberton came down and tied the game sending it into overtime.  They scored a goal in the first minute of the overtime and then dropped back and booted the ball out of their box for 19 minutes.  The only reason Lumberton won the game was because Vidor couldn't close but that was the first game of the district.  The next 3 games the pirates stomped ozen 5-1, rolled over west orange 10-0, and crushed hardin jefferson 11-0.  Then the pirates were to face a very good lcm team that was coming off two big wins against nederland and central but again you soccer gurus picked vidor to lose by 4.  Vidor owned the feild that friday night and sent lcm home with a 3-1 loss.  Then this past tuesday vidor traveled to central picked to lose once again.  On their own turf vidor beat them 3-1 after coming from behind going into the second half.  And here we go again.....the night before vidor and nederland........and you still pick vidor to lose.......  When is this going to stop????  How many big games do they have to win before you can show this team some respect???  Night in and Night out Vidor boys put on their jerseys and they play their hearts out.  They win because they deserve it not becuase they are a fluke.  I could understand you calling it a fluke if it were one or two crappy games but this is freakin rediculous.  Five wins in a row, two of them . against good teams and ya'll still can't accept that Vidor has a winning team this year.  My prediction...may the best team win....VIDOR

You have won every game people have picked you to lose..  geez  you should hope everyone picks you to lose the rest of your games rather than whining people dont love you..  let em hate you .. and win win win..  its about the wins.. not friends..  let us all pick you to lose and prove us wrong.....  Nederland by two.

The first district game the pirates traveled to Lumberton with a prediction of 5 goals underdog by the board's experts. The pirates ended up losing 3 to 2  on ot after dominating the entire game.  With two minutes to go in the game Vidor was winning 2 to 1.  They missed a pk and Lumberton came down and tied the game sending it into overtime.  They scored a goal in the first minute of the overtime and then dropped back and booted the ball out of their box for 19 minutes.  The only reason Lumberton won the game was because Vidor couldn't close but that was the first game of the district. 

i know i'm going to get flak about this because i'm aware this is not a lumberton thread and i apologize BUT i just felt the need to point this out...You played Lumberton to a very close game correct. But by chance do you realize that if it was your first game of district that it was also Lumberton's first game of district as well ;D just wanted to point that out. Now lets go back to the discussion of the great game to be played tomorrow by Vidor and Nederland. Very close. So i wont make a prediction. But i will be rooting for Nederland  ;)

Ok, here is my thought on things...

The past 2 games Nederland played @ Vidor, the scores were 3-0 and 1-0, with Vidor winning both. Although I think Nederland will break their scoring drought at Vidor Junior High, I think that the Pirates will prevail 3-2. With Nederland missing 2 seniors (even though the rest of the team is sophs/fish) when they will need the leadership, is only going to make things harder on them. I think the Pirates need to get ahead quick, because Nederland will be firing on all cylinders. I have a feeling this game is going to live up to the reputation the Vidor/Ned games have set over the past 3-4 years. Good luck Pirates!

In the past Vidor would just buckle in the PNG and Nederland game because we had the mindset that we couldnt beat the Mid County teams. Watsons last year here (05-06) we lost that mindset and played w/ them both then crushed Nederland at our house. Then last year we proved that the "its Nederland/PNG we might as well not show up, were going to lose" mindset had been completely forgotten, beating them both at home. I say that Vidor doesnt care about the name anymore and shows up like its just another team. Vidor 3-1... IF TRAVIS AND TIMMY BRING THEIR A GAME... If they get shut down Nederland 2-1 in OT.

Guest Soccerfan

I would also like to point out that there is no way Vdior dominated the whole game against Lumberton. If my memory serves me correctly, Vidor got a gift from Lumbertons keeper who rolled the ball to one of oyour players who then chipped it over his head. The keeper was injured on the play and in came their back up keeper. Before the starter could get back in another goal was scored on their 2nd string keeper. Both unearned goals as far as im concerned. Lumberton also took more shots on goal and were without two starters for that game if i am correct--one of which was their starting left forward and one of their leading scorers. You guys are playing great but please do not start saying things that are untrue. In NO WAY did Vidor DOMINATE Lumberton. I was there and say the whole game.

I agree - Vidor did not dominate in the game against Lumberton.  As far as the goals - Vidor capitalized on Lumberton's mistakes.  I believe that is a big part of a winning team.  These two teams will play again - we will have to wait and see what happens.

Anyway about tonights game - predictions don't earn you any points - winning does.

Should be a good game between two very competitive teams.

To soccermom...  I plan on being at the game around six.. and would like to have a order of gumbo ready please.  Tell ausitn i expect him to have gumbo with me... then  we can argue and gripe the whole game..  gluck vidor and nederland but.. Nederland 3=2 .. sorry aries.. sorry mom.. o i mean vidor wins.. please dont do anything to my gumbo..  I am a big fan of travis... cya in six........hours

:) :) We will have your gumbo ready for you.  I just received a text from Austin about 15 minutes ago - he is on his way home.  I will let him know your plans for this evening.  No need to apologize for your prediction.  I know it is going to be a close game.  Good Luck to both teams.

:) :) We will have your gumbo ready for you.  I just received a text from Austin about 15 minutes ago - he is on his way home.  I will let him know your plans for this evening.  No need to apologize for your prediction.  I know it is going to be a close game.  Good Luck to both teams.

Gumbo 1

My Stomach 0

I think Gumbo takes it, but not until the middle of the night, after I've fallen asleep and let my guard down.  Oh, wait, this is the nederland/vidor thread.  I'll take somebody by 1.  Either team, it's tough to tell.  Vidor is scrappy, and seems to find ways to win games, but Nederland really needs this win.  Good luck to both teams. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder