Nederland @ Vidor/ 2-8-08

Vidor played good, especially second half.  We seemed to lack some energy and focus to keep up with Ned part of the first half.  What's this about girls on the High School soccer team.  I haven't seen any; or are we just changing the subject?

Someone had asked about a vidor girl that got hurt in the girls game last night..  and nederland was preparing for the game while the vidor team never seemed to really warm up...  it was way way way too relaxed at their end of the field... during warmups..  prepare to win.. or dont prepare and lose...  but hey .. thats just my opinion on what i saw.. good luck pirates..

Someone had asked about a vidor girl that got hurt in the girls game last night..  and nederland was preparing for the game while the vidor team never seemed to really warm up...  it was way way way too relaxed at their end of the field... during warmups..  prepare to win.. or dont prepare and lose...  but hey .. thats just my opinion on what i saw.. good luck pirates..

lack of leadership... clearly

thats how we do it at vidor and how we have done it in the past...maybe under watson we were a littrle more focused..but even then we were relaxed and joking around in warmups...thats how it is for our program..we like to go out and have a fun while we are playing..it might not look like we care or that we lack leadership but no one knows but the team and the coach and leadership is not an issue..being a 3 year varsity player 2 with watson and one with maines as coach all seasons were similar...i dont think the program would do well with a hard a**....just my opinion...honestly peep from ned and ong can dog us but look what happened it last year and the 06 season...

I do not believe anyone is dogging vidor.  I believe its the difference between going to playoffs and just getting close.  Beating a midcounty team shouldnt be considered a successful season... but making playoff run would be what you should have done last season with the talent pool you had.  And being a hard a$$ may not be correct either.  But playing for the school is about wins and losses,  its not a rec program.  The teams that are successful are usually disciplined teams that focus.  But you have been there for three years and I guess you accomplished what you allwanted.  I just feel like there is a lot of talent ..... letting go to waste.  But hey I am one of the hard a77es probably.  Good luck pirates...

maybe that did not come out rihgt shark... our goal for all three years was a district champ, playoffs, and at the time beating both mid county schools (we never had beaten them at the time) ...accomplished all but district champ..last year we should have made the playoffs..i have been told that central did get caught playing inelgible players by UIL..not sure on the certainty of that but ..even if tru we should not have lost to silsbee which blew our season... better?

Yes .. and I was just being ....  a old man .. giving that thar... youngun some advice.  you guys were loaded and had a great team.  I was only saying that sometimes a swift kick in the rear pushes someone over that last obstacle which is usually themselves.  Tomorrow I will be at the V  PnG game  unless .. bad weather than you youngsters .. post and tell us how it went... good luck..vidor

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder