Yates Wins By 100

Guest tigersvoice

Yea, Yates is the real Deal!!!

Not so fast, my young Dream Chaser!  Remember, you heard it here first:  DickieV has said all along that Yates is NOT THAT GOOD!  Dickie said Yates would be lucky to get to the regional finals and would not advance out of regionals.  Now, I'm in a quandary.  Do I stick with DickieV, the great Coach and legendary basketball pundit, or do I go with what I see Yates doing.  Me thinks DickieV may have credibility problems on this one.

well, austin is an impressive 3-21.  i'm curious to see what they've been losing their other games by.  we've seen some results nearing 100 in this area too, but it seems like the coaches here are decent enough to call off the dogs.  the game was 72-18 at halftime, but they kept pouring it on, outscoring their opponent 61-15 in the second half.  it seems to me that when a team in southeast texas is up like that at halftime, they find a way to make it a little closer in the second half to make things reasonable.

Not so fast, my young Dream Chaser!  Remember, you heard it here first:  DickieV has said all along that Yates is NOT THAT GOOD!  Dickie said Yates would be lucky to get to the regional finals and would not advance out of regionals.  Now, I'm in a quandary.  Do I stick with DickieV, the great Coach and legendary basketball pundit, or do I go with what I see Yates doing.  Me thinks DickieV may have credibility problems on this one.

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

LOL.  ;D

Guest DickVitale

tsk, tsk, tsk....Do you guys realize that their program is the WORST in the STATE of TEXAS arguably, speaking of Houston Austin? They have NEVER been to the playoffs in ANY boys sport, EVER...They had 6 guys present and only had 4 until right before tip off...4..Yates did what they were supposed to do to such a weak program, but are you guys ready to crown them for beating Houston Austin?? Ridiculous....I really cannot wait until mid to late February.....CANNOT WAIT... ;)...

tsk, tsk, tsk....Do you guys realize that their program is the WORST in the STATE of TEXAS arguably, speaking of Houston Austin? They have NEVER been to the playoffs in ANY boys sport, EVER...They had 6 guys present and only had 4 until right before tip off...4..Yates did what they were supposed to do to such a weak program, but are you guys ready to crown them for beating Houston Austin?? Ridiculous....I really cannot wait until mid to late February.....CANNOT WAIT... ;)...

No Dickie I know that Houston Austin is trash slop!!! That is why I didn't crown them anything fr beating that school...  Now what did surprise me is that it looks as if Anthony Jones did not even get involved....  And he has not been real involved in the offense throughout district.  When your blue chipper doesn't get involved and you are still winning it shows that you have a team....  It seems as if they are holding him for the playoffs...  Check the stats and you will see what I mean.  I went to the Waltrip game and I think he played all of 15 mins.  This is the same kid that torched the Houston vs. the Nation Tourney!!!!!!!!!!  Are they staying fresh and loaded for the play offs?

Guest DickVitale

Nah, I think that Jones just only shows up for "big" games, which is what I have heard from the Yates coaching staff...Their whole district is AWFUL....Just AWFUL...I would continue to make him play big minutes if only to keep in shape for the playoffs...This is not the NBA, the kids don't need THAT much rest!! :D

Central looks tougher this year, but the same could have been sad about 22-4A in the past (when Ozen was marching to Austin)... Vidor and  Nederland are new comers to winning but have been atrocious for years on top of years.  LCM has never lived up to its hype... Lumberton is Lumberton.  Port Neches has never been good.  Dayton has atheletes but no real ballers since Henry Dugat left.

Guest DickVitale

The major difference though is basketball style and coaching in the Beaumont area...See, most Houston teams, including Yates, want to play one style of ball...like the Old Wheatley teams...Most of those coaches are Wheatley products and thats all they know, for the most part that brought SOME success..When you play Central, Vidor, LCM, and Nederland, you had better be ready to counter a GAME PLAN...In Houston, its usually the first team to 100 wins!! USUALLY...There is very little coaching going on in Houston, and now that my dad is retired, there is even less... ;)

The major difference though is basketball style and coaching in the Beaumont area...See, most Houston teams, including Yates, want to play one style of ball...like the Old Wheatley teams...Most of those coaches are Wheatley products and thats all they know, for the most part that brought SOME success..When you play Central, Vidor, LCM, and Nederland, you had better be ready to counter a GAME PLAN...In Houston, its usually the first team to 100 wins!! USUALLY...There is very little coaching going on in Houston, and now that my dad is retired, there is even less... ;)

i agree with some of that!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin