Lamar vs. SFA Predictions?

Guest abovetherim

Out of all the other SLC schools I've traveled to watch Lamar play SFA has the most students at the game and they really get into it. Tough place to get a conference W but I'm with lu cards. I'll take Lamar in a game decided at the buzzer. Lamar by 3 with the scoring in the high 60's or low 70's. That prediction sounded like a weather forecast Coop?  ;D

Hm well i'll never pick against my cards but a win there would be tough. As long as we play them a great game and fight hard to the finish, i think we can by 4. UNLV, whats your call? You always seem to be right about the score.

Edit: Something else to think about, SFA has never given up than 62 points in a game.

Impressive.

Give me 24 hours to run it through the mainframe. Lamar will be the best team to play
at SFA this season, so far. That SFA win over OU is playing with my mind. Take away that win
SFA is not very impressive. Lamar is much improved, however the guards do go through
droughts.

Guest coachacola
It's probably going to be close game.  They haven't played a home game against a D1 opponent since Dec. 4 so I don't know how much of a home court advantage they'll have.  They haven't blown out any good D1 opponents.  They appear to be a lot like SHSU, not that big, an average offensive team but are real good defensively.  What I like about Lamar is that they are pretty balanced offensively and teams can't key on one player (like they did on JD last year).  If we can rebound, keep TOs to a minimum, and hope at least one of our guards is hot from the outside the Lamar will win.

I think this is going to be a tough one.  SFA is good offensively inside, and their guards are very good defensively.  They are going to send the half-court trap at Dawkins early and often.  They are going to get back in transition, and it'll be surprising to get any fast-break points off of misses.  Their pocket rocket Eric Bell isn't going to be bothered much by Lamar's press.  They aren't world-beaters.  Because they don't have any really good rebounders, and they don't crash the offensive glass at all, Lamar should win the battle of the boards handily.  If Lamar can force the pace, they win easily, but I doubt that happens.

My brain says SFA by 5 in an ugly, ugly game with less than 110 total points.  My heart says that Lamar's athleticism will overwhelm them, they'll be the first team to score 65 on them, and Lamar will win by 7 or 8.  Let's hope that my heart is right.

Lamar 66, SFA 58

Edit:  I'll be at the women's game, which Lamar should win handily, so I'll be blissfully ignorant about the result until near the end.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="315839" timestamp="1200391140"]
A win thur would really be good!!
[/quote]

Expecially since the game is on Thursday night!!

[quote name="coachacola" post="315858" timestamp="1200393687"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=31854.msg315839#msg315839 date=1200391140]
A win thur would really be good!!
[/quote]

Expecially since the game is on Thursday night!!
[/quote]

Well, what would the predictions be without my pessimistic view.  It's way too hard to win on the road especially against a well coached team like SFA.  If we had a lot more talent than them we could overcome the road deal but I don't see any way that we beat SFA.  Their defense will frustrate our guys and they will win a low scoring game:

SFA 59
LU 52

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="316379" timestamp="1200479693"]
[img]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Cool/cool-045.GIF[/img]
[/quote]

LOL LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Hey does anyone know if this game is a sellout?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi