****Results Are In!! 4 Teams in Playoffs For Class 4A****

The NBA does come to mind.  ;D The post about 2 4th place teams playing for a championship does answer a question of mine.  Statistically how many 4th place teams have progressed past the first round?  second round? 

Now, if they eliminated the "big school, small school" scenario and just had 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A playoffs and let 4 teams go to the playoffs how many 4th placers will make it past round one or two?  Of course every once in a while there will be the cinderella team who stuggles to a 2-3 or 3-4 district record, barely makes into the playoffs and get to or wins a championship.  It happens I know and the kids all deserve it and all that but what about that same 3-4 district record team who gets mauled 75-7 by the eventual state champ? 

And EXTEND the season two weeks??  What do you want to do?  Play on new years with the college bowl games?  Are you kidding??  Texas has the longest season of the US if I am not mistaken. 

Just my opinion here.  But 4 teams is getting out of hand.

i'd like to see it stay at three teams per district...  for the most part, that 4th place team is just going to be somebody's warm-up game the first week of playoffs... but whatever, we can just keep adding teams.  pretty soon we can change it to everyone making the playoffs, and have a november/december madness. 

[quote name="BIG HOUSE" post="314571" timestamp="1200160639"]
Well looks like NEDERLAND just got good news....MAYBE they can start another streak!!! :o :o :o

I LIKE IT..........Shut up and let them play...
[/quote]

LOL, this coming from a team that has made it once in 40 years, where were yall when they went to 2 and 3 teams in the playoffs??

Well it waters down the playoff system and can give teams that have losing records a spot in the playoffs, but on the positive it good gives teams like Lumberton that are consistantly a 4th place team (except for this past year or course) a chance to get into the playoffs.

I would not say that its a bad thing though, it extends the season by 1 week in division 1........ AND as they say, the cream always rises to the top so the best teams will still end up going the distance. If that number 4 team ends up going deep in the playoffs,,, they definitely deserve it. As we saw this year from Dayton even really great teams can meet their Goliath in Texas. If you are not a legit contender, you will be gone before you ever get started.

Guest maverick24

If you love football and most of us do or we wouldnt be on here, we shouldnt care how many teams make it. The more teams the more games and thats what most of us like, MORE FB. Then if a 4th place team just happens to get healthy at the end of the season who  knows how far they can go. Most of you are right that the 4th team will prolly get beat first round but I  bet there will be a few upsets. Lets just look at Pro FB this year in the NFC 1,2,3 are all at home watching the Giants. Lets just all enjoy watching our teams play!!!!!

I hope this doesn't make its way to 3a. It used to mean something for a team to have a consecutive playoff streak. Now, it won't mean anything because you'll have many undeserving teams in weak districts get to stick their chest out about making the playoffs every year. A great example from this year would be district 22-3a. All of their three teams were beaten by 21-3a. What purpose would it have served to allow a fourth team into the playoffs only to lose in the first round. I know someone will point out the success of some fourth place teams, but I don't like it, especially in six team districts.

lets face facts tho. 22-4a is literally one of the toughest districts in the state of texas. (4A wise) and 4 teams in our district could beat a lot of teams throughout the state.. so for district 22-4a, i don't think it is watering it down any.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder