Dave Campbell Picks Lake Travis This Week

KFDM COOP

The big story for now is the gametime weather conditions.The wealthy class of Lake Travis will not have the ac & heated indoor practice field @college station.After a few body shots in the wet/cold they won't want any more.I have watched country boys for years get out in the cold/wet/mud to play a little football.Dayton will take it to them "BIG TIME" 50-19

Just got an email from Jake Shaw from DCTF.  Here's what HE says:

I disagreed with our pick online and think Dayton will win. I think Dayton can score with Lake Travis. The difference in the teams is Dayton’s defense – it’s better and faster than LT’s.

Bottom line … I don’t think Dayton has played an offense as good as Lake Travis’ … and I don’t think Lake Travis has played a defense as good as Dayton’s. I’d say Dayton by 3. Second bottom line: I wish I was going to the game.

I like his thinking WAY better!!! ;D

BTW,  he picked Dayton all the way from round 1.

I know this blog as stated before Austin L.Travis beat #1 Houston area[ Tx.City ] in game #1 this year 32-31.Tx.City went undefeated the rest of the season till they got chrushed by Dayton 4 weeks ago in the cold & rain 42-10 & did not manage a 1 st down till 2 min.before halftime. I know that district w/La Marque-Dickinson-Friendswood-Brazosport & playoff rival Bay City are all better than Lake Travis opponents who A cpl. 3 win/7 loss teams nearly beat them.True they put up some numbers but what kind of numbers do you think G.Charles & Bronco recievers would have put up if #1 Charles had QB'd 14 instead of 10 games & passed 80-90 percent of the time.Look for Dayton to have a monster game against their defense,and shut down Austin.50-19

Lake Travis' defense looks to be the difference maker in this game by shutting down Dayton's offense!

Lake Travis couldn't shut down Beeville Jones and from the looks of it, their defense hasn't shut down anyone all year.  Look, this is the Patriots/Colts match-up from years past.  The high glam offense against the great defense.  What's overlooked, as was with the Patriots, is the match-up on the other side of the ball for both teams.  LT will probably score some points, but Dayton's offense doesn't exactly suck either.  3 top notch receivers, 1 great receiver, a good running back, and a good quarterback.  Pick your poison, they can run or pass.  Balanced team vs a pass happy offensive team.  Who would you pick?  I've never seen these guys play before, unlike Dayton's Crosby, Texas City, Livingston, and Waller playoff run thus far so I'm interested to see if Lake Travis lives up to the hype. 

Yes I know he has put up some big stats this year, but I really think that Dayton has a secondary and LB crew that this young man will have alot of trouble with. These guys from Dayton have unbelievable athletic ability.

The only trouble the QB had was picking who he wanted to throw to ;D

Guest tigersvoice

ya he shreaded dayton defence like cheese i hope old mack brown putting an eye on this boy

Believe me, everyone that is a proponent of the New Spread is keeping an eye on this youngster.  UT may have the inside route just because of his Dad's affiliation.  Garrett could go to UT and not worry about being in his Father's shadow - not the same position.  The guy is a MAJOR talent!

Believe me, everyone that is a proponent of the New Spread is keeping an eye on this youngster.  UT may have the inside route just because of his Dad's affiliation.  Garrett could go to UT and not worry about being in his Father's shadow - not the same position.  The guy is a MAJOR talent!

Garrett's dad is Gale Gilbert.... Not Chris. Gale went to California, played QB and was in NFL on the bills 4 AFC champ teams, and was on San Diego's AFC Champ team.

Guest tigersvoice

Garrett's dad is Gale Gilbert.... Not Chris. Gale went to California, played QB and was in NFL on the bills 4 AFC champ teams, and was on San Diego's AFC Champ team.

Thanks for the clarification.  Chris Gilbert was not that big and I didn't understand how he had a son that grew to 6'4" (and maybe still growing) but I was giving his mother credit for the height.  Chris played a MEAN tailback position for the Horns at about 5' 11" and 175 pounds.  That was back in the good ol' days.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder