Kountze at Hardin 3/28

Whats wrong with Kountze this year?  Heard they lost their minds in the 7th inning and started fighting a Hardin base-runner between 1st and 2nd base?  

I saw the video and I was left speechless.  Anybody care to explain?

4 hours ago, BadgerNation said:

Just saw the video as well. Looks to me Hardin threw the first punch.

Did you need the video? I can send it to you.  Kountze did something on a baseball field that I have never seen before in over 35 years.  And then they tried to cry to the UIL about it.  What a dirty program under dirty leadership.

10 hours ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Did you need the video? I can send it to you.  Kountze did something on a baseball field that I have never seen before in over 35 years.  And then they tried to cry to the UIL about it.  What a dirty program under dirty leadership.

It's not Coach Hillin that is the problem if this is actually going on. 

15 hours ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Was this before or after the Hardin assistant coach was shooting the finger at the Kountze fans 

18 hours ago, LIBERTY82 said:

so what precipitated this?  Not saying this is okay, but I also assume that it wasn't just some random act of violence on the baserunner for the heck of it, either.  what's the backstory

Hardin kid hit the ball. thrown out at 1st.  Well before he was there.  He then ran over the first baseman and they started fighting.  2nd baseman came to help.  Benches cleared.   

Hardin was at bat so the rest of the team left bench.  Kountze had 3-4 leave bench as they were already on field.  

Coach Hillin would not condone this.  

1 hour ago, mfd814 said:

Hardin kid hit the ball. thrown out at 1st.  Well before he was there.  He then ran over the first baseman and they started fighting.  2nd baseman came to help.  Benches cleared.   

Hardin was at bat so the rest of the team left bench.  Kountze had 3-4 leave bench as they were already on field.  

Correct. Suspensions were dealt out accordingly by Coach Hillin. The situation has been handled and is over with.

6 hours ago, mfd814 said:

That’s not correct, Runner slid into first was going to be a close play, First baseman missed the ball due to an errant throw, runner got up to run to second and was grabbed on the shoulder and pulled down by the first baseman and was holding runner down, runner got up shoved the first baseman then second baseman came in and tried to tackle runner, second baseman started throwing fist to stomach of the runner, Assistant Coach from Hardin got hit from one as well trying to break them apart, then benches cleared, Everyone from kountze that was on the field moved there position and headed to the scuffle, the only two that did not reach the pile of the scuffle was the SS and LF from kountze. Everyone else from the field left there position. Yes Hardin suspended their whole team for leaving the dugout there position, Kountze only suspended a few off the bench plus first and second baseman  and two team mangers. I don’t know what the final outcome will be the district committee and UIL are looking into everything and has the video and will meet to determine if the suspensions were adequate.  Both sides Coach’s and umpires actually did a great job de-escalating the situation. 

On 4/3/2024 at 6:57 AM, mfd814 said:

Dumas, did you watch the video or are you going off what somebody told you?  Because, if you watched the video and that's your perception of what took place, you need to seek help.   Kountze's trashy decision could cost those Hornets a 2 or 3 seed when its all said and done.  As I stated previously, the action Kountze took on the field of play is something I have never seen in baseball in over 35 years.  Absolute filth. 

13 minutes ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Dumas, did you watch the video or are you going off what somebody told you?  Because, if you watched the video and that's your perception of what took place, you need to seek help.   Kountze's trashy decision could cost those Hornets a 2 or 3 seed when it’s all said and done.  As I stated previously, the action Kountze took on the field of play is something I have never seen in baseball in over 35 years.  Absolute filth. 

Lol trashy….

Even if the first baseman grabbed his jersey that doesn’t warrant Hardin starting a fight. There is jersey pulling in every single sport that does not lead to a fight. After tonight there will likely be a 5 way tie for 2nd as well so assuming Hardin makes the playoffs is a stretch. Assuming anybody but Orangefield makes the playoffs is a stretch If we are being honest. Also let’s not like Hardin fields a bunch of sportsmanship angels lol not to mention the assistant coach shooting the finger at the Kountze crowd… I haven’t seen that in 30 years of watching baseball 

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Even if the first baseman grabbed his jersey that doesn’t warrant Hardin starting a fight. There is jersey pulling in every single sport that does not lead to a fight. After tonight there will likely be a 5 way tie for 2nd as well so assuming Hardin makes the playoffs is a stretch. Assuming anybody but Orangefield makes the playoffs is a stretch If we are being honest. Also let’s not like Hardin fields a bunch of sportsmanship angels lol not to mention the assistant coach shooting the finger at the Kountze crowd… I haven’t seen that in 30 years of watching baseball 

You saw the video did you not?  Where in your wildest imagination did you gather that Hardin started a fight?  This is the problem with you people from Kountze; as it must be something in the water that damages brain cells.  Your first baseman was holding the Hardin kid and would not let him go, so the Hardin kid pushed him off of him, then here comes your second baseman trying to jump him.  But, you know, spread lies and believe what you want to believe because thats the Kountze way.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:54 PM, rolltide3315 said:

That’s not correct, Runner slid into first was going to be a close play, First baseman missed the ball due to an errant throw, runner got up to run to second and was grabbed on the shoulder and pulled down by the first baseman and was holding runner down, runner got up shoved the first baseman then second baseman came in and tried to tackle runner, second baseman started throwing fist to stomach of the runner, Assistant Coach from Hardin got hit from one as well trying to break them apart, then benches cleared, Everyone from kountze that was on the field moved there position and headed to the scuffle, the only two that did not reach the pile of the scuffle was the SS and LF from kountze. Everyone else from the field left there position. Yes Hardin suspended their whole team for leaving the dugout there position, Kountze only suspended a few off the bench plus first and second baseman  and two team mangers. I don’t know what the final outcome will be the district committee and UIL are looking into everything and has the video and will meet to determine if the suspensions were adequate.  Both sides Coach’s and umpires actually did a great job de-escalating the situation. 

were there any ejections during the game?

Just watched the video.  Hardin kid slid into 1st as the ball got there, got by or away from 1st baseman, 1st baseman started running in the direction of the missed ball I'm assuming.. as the base runner was getting up to run to 2nd, they ran into each other and got tangled up it looked like.  Not sure if the contact was intentional or not.. looked coincidental.  In the fray, baserunner struggled to get off of the 1st baseman.. but may have thought the contact was intentional..  so he pushed the 1st baseman while trying to get up.  After that, the 2nd baseman ran in and grabbed the baserunner around the waist to prevent him from running.

No punches were thrown.  Benches definitely cleared.. but Hardin's entire team was in the dugout.  

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Just watched the video.  Hardin kid slid into 1st as the ball got there, got by or away from 1st baseman, 1st baseman started running in the direction of the missed ball I'm assuming.. as the base runner was getting up to run to 2nd, they ran into each other and got tangled up it looked like.  Not sure if the contact was intentional or not.. looked coincidental.  In the fray, baserunner struggled to get off of the 1st baseman.. but may have thought the contact was intentional..  so he pushed the 1st baseman while trying to get up.  After that, the 2nd baseman ran in and grabbed the baserunner around the waist to prevent him from running.

No punches were thrown.  Benches definitely cleared.. but Hardin's entire team was in the dugout.  

Probably the best description of what happened. Anyways looks like discipline was handled in house… UIL is good with it… life goes on

34 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Probably the best description of what happened. Anyways looks like discipline was handled in house… UIL is good with it… life goes on

Yes, UIL is good with Kountze being trashy.  Breithaupt probably said, ok JOUB but no more, tell everyone I slapped you on the wrist.

As stated by my son n law " He grabbed me and pulled me down so i couldn't continue running to second base, so I pushed him off of me".  You can see in the video, as he's running into him deliberately, he makes an effort to pull him down with him to the ground.   The end result is this, kids were punished, hardin lost a game they shouldn't have because the JV played for them and now they find themselves having to win 3 of the next 5 games in order to ensure a playoff spot.  Not saying its impossible, but all could have been prevented if Kountze would have just played the game of baseball without getting ignorant.

33 minutes ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Yes, UIL is good with Kountze being trashy.  Breithaupt probably said, ok JOUB but no more, tell everyone I slapped you on the wrist.

As stated by my son n law " He grabbed me and pulled me down so i couldn't continue running to second base, so I pushed him off of me".  You can see in the video, as he's running into him deliberately, he makes an effort to pull him down with him to the ground.   The end result is this, kids were punished, hardin lost a game they shouldn't have because the JV played for them and now they find themselves having to win 3 of the next 5 games in order to ensure a playoff spot.  Not saying its impossible, but all could have been prevented if Kountze would have just played the game of baseball without getting ignorant.

How do you know they wouldn’t have lost to Warren? Didn’t  Hardin barely beat them the first time? I get your being protective of daughters boyfriend… but your the only one here that’s having a heart attack over a minor scuffle (if you wanna call it that) and basically calling a entire town trash because some kids made a mistake on a baseball field…. Old school explained it from a non biased point of view… if you saw it differently then that’s your opinion… you probably get a different opinion on it if you ask Kountze or Hardin people.. at the end of the day this was blown way out of proportion IMO but we know what people say about opinions…