Space? Waste of money?

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I don't think so. I'm not an expert by any means, but knowledge is power. Who knows what possibilities it may unravel.

I believe we have to protect our space from it being used for evil(China) but that’s all the money should be allocated for.

im no expert either but I could name many things that that money could be used for here on earth that would better humanity.  
now if we want to create some type of facility on Mars for all the murderers rapist sex offenders etc then I’m down for that 

29 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I believe we have to protect our space from it being used for evil(China) but that’s all the money should be allocated for.

im no expert either but I could name many things that that money could be used for here on earth that would better humanity.  
now if we want to create some type of facility on Mars for all the murderers rapist sex offenders etc then I’m down for that 

I don't want the government confiscating money from me to better humanity, the best way "extra" funds should be allocated to better humanity is to leave it in the taxpayer's pocket and not take it at all.

The thought of government taking unallocated taxes and deciding how best to spend it makes me sick.

Now, back to space before the "you're off topic" police show up, lol.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I don't want the government confiscating money from me to better humanity, the best way "extra" funds should be allocated to better humanity is to leave it in the taxpayer's pocket and not take it at all.

The thought of government taking unallocated taxes and deciding how best to spend it makes me sick.

Now, back to space before the "you're off topic" police show up, lol.

Oh I’m there with ya.

i was talking generally when mentioned humanity. As in road ways drainage law enforcement ems fire dept etc

to me space is a waste of money.  All for curiosity and or status 

33 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Oh I’m there with ya.

i was talking generally when mentioned humanity. As in road ways drainage law enforcement ems fire dept etc

I saw where you were coming from, no worries.

I believe we have benefitted with innovations tied to the space industry, but we should let the competitiveness of the private sector drive it now.

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Oh I’m there with ya.

Status-The reason why the moon landing was a hoax.  Had to beat China and Russia “there”