What does your team return?

31 minutes ago, Unbelievableee said:

Not for sure on that yet. It is one of the options they are discussing though 

It's the only option they have if they want to implement it starting next school year.

Otherwise, they would have to redo the basketball/baseball/softball districts. That would be very problematic since a lot of coaches have already started on next year's schedule.

My sources tell me it will be like how 6A does football. Maybe next realignment will have the districts done by division. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's the only option they have if they want to implement it starting next school year.

Otherwise, they would have to redo the basketball/baseball/softball districts. That would be very problematic since a lot of coaches have already started on next year's schedule.

My sources tell me it will be like how 6A does football. Maybe next realignment will have the districts done by division. 

I hearing the same - superintendents vote on it in June I believe.  If it passes it goes into effect next season.  

On 5/2/2024 at 11:39 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

That is what I hear they are leaning to also 

I hope it does.  Although I'm sure the big city low division teams will still find ways to make sure they're in the lower division in many cases.  I love the idea of the 4A playoffs having a division that is actually made up of mostly smaller community teams.  

I really don't like it. Just wait till next realignment and align all the districts by division and not do it after district play is over. That way there are same amount of playoff games as they are now. Splitting after district is over eliminates a couple of rounds of playoffs and really doesn't give a true indicator of state champion.

It also eliminates regional tourneys and semifinals at state tourney.

Just wait till next realignment.

Silsbee held an off season play day this past Saturday. Teams participating were Silsbee, PN-G, Vidor, Buna, Orangefield, Rayne, La. and Jennings, La. 

Silsbee went 4-0 defeating Orangefield, Rayne. La., Jennings. La. and Vidor. Silsbee beat Orangefield 58-36, Vidor 70-53, Rayne 82-50 and Jennings 86-48.

Orangefield went 1-2, losing to Silsbee and PN-G, beating Jennings.

Vidor went 2-1, losing to Silsbee, beating PN-G and Rayne.

PN-G went 2-1, losing to Vidor, beating Buna and Orangefield.

Buna went 1-2, losing to PN-G and Rayne, beating Jennings.