SCOTUS Rules 9-0 That President Trump Can Appear On Ballot!

Reagan

As if there was any other answer.  These States knew they didn't have the right to do this.  But they did it anyway.  There should be some sort of blow back against these people that did this.  Pay Trump's legal bill for it?  Maybe they have to.  Not sure.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold expressed "disappointment" Monday at the Supreme Court's 9-0 decision that her state cannot bar former President Trump from appearing on the ballot in 2024, saying it was now up to voters to "save our democracy."

It was always up to the voters, which is also terrifying.

9-0……for you leftys, that’s a UNANIMOUS decision. For those with fake diplomas who need help with that capitalized word….it means all voted in favor of TRUMP……even Ketanji, who can’t define a woman.

It clearly appears that everyone knew this was nonsense to begin with.

Listening to some of the oral arguments in front of the Supreme Court, even the very liberal justices had a hard time accepting anything from Colorado. I think it was Kagan or Sotomayor who asked something like, if this is allowed, could other states then remove Biden from the ballot? 

There was one article that I saw on another forum that said, Ketanji Brown Jackson sides with Trump.

No, she sided with the Constitution.

If anyone wants some entertainment, look at some of the news articles or videos of the left coming unhinged that the Supreme Court didn’t rule against the Constitution and then did so in unanimous fashion. 

Reading the decision, it should be very clear simply by reading the entire Fourteenth Amendment and not cherry picking sentences.

In Section 3 the amendment says that no person shall be a federal official whether senator, representative, president, etc., if the person had taken an oath of office and then was involved in an insurrection or rebellion against the country. Nothing is defined however. What is an insurrection?  What is a rebellion against the country?

People come debate that topic all they want but as a Supreme Court today, pointed out, you have to read the entire amendment. The people with TDS simply stopped reading at the point that they liked. “Oh, an insurrection stops a candidate!!”.

But let’s review Section 5.

Section 5
The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

So who can define what an insurrection is and who can be on a ballot?

OH WAIT…. The actual amendment says that it is the authority of “Congress” with appropriate legislation, to enforce the provisions of the amendment.

It doesn’t mention state Supreme Courts, state attorney generals or anything about a state whatsoever.

So what has the US Congress passed since the ratification of the 14th Amendment that determines exactly what an insurrection is and who gets to make that decision?

Here is the law on insurrection or rebellion.

18 United States Code 2383

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

So they passed a law that said, a person can be convicted of insurrection and defined what is an insurrection or rebellion. 

This seems like a ridiculously easy determination for the Supreme Court, simply by reading Section 5.

Congress has the authority to enact a law to enforce the Fourteenth Amendment, they have an enacted such a law that defines what the insurrection is including a conviction.

Colorado or any other state simply needs to put forth evidence that Trump has been charged with and convicted of an insurrection. 

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah…. It was republicans. 

It makes sense because the suit was to keep Trump out of the primary. 

Is the failure (as noted by BS Wildcats) the person who has the constitutional right to complain or the legal body that issues a ruling that clearly is unconstitutional?

In this case we have a 91 year old former Republican lawmaker who was butt hurt over January 6 and made the sole determination that it was unconstitutional for Trump to be on the ballot. Like you, she was likely blinded by her anyone but Trump hatred but that is a protected right.

This supposedly famed Colorado (first woman state leader) Republican in the article that you posted said that the Founding Fathers contemplated a candidate like Trump. She knew he was ineligible to run again. (quoted from the article)  “She knew!!!”

The Founding Fathers?? 

This doddering old fool has apparently lost enough of her marbles that she forgot that the Fourteenth Amendment came out after the Civil War as a response to civil rights for Blacks almost 100 years after independence was declared and the Founding Fathers have long since left the Earth. With this brilliant insight into the Constitution and history, she solely made the determination that Trump was ineligible. Utterly brilliant!!

Of course she still has enough beans rattling around in her brain to know that her absolute knowledge of the Constitution had to be upheld by the Colorado Supreme Court.

So who is the on the Colorado Supreme Court and how are they selected? 

A Colorado Supreme Court justice is selected by the governor of Colorado. So the only way to be appointed as a Colorado Supreme Court justice, the sitting governor has to make the appointment. They each later face a 10 year term for reelection by the public in a general election. 

All current Colorado Supreme Court justices were appointed by Democrats. Some? A majority perhaps? Nope, the entire Colorado Supreme Court was appointed by a Democrat governor. 

So again, who owns the failure? A person who complains like this old biddy that deemed herself as a constitutional scholar and out to (again from the article) save the Democracy or the duly constituted body who by law is supposed to make decision based on the US Constitution?

Sorry but this falls squarely on the constitutional body who was selected by the Democratic governors. A body who a unanimous US Supreme Court slapped down because they collectively couldn’t understand this section from the Fourteenth Amendment:

Section 5.

The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Again, it doesn’t say a state legislature, a state Supreme Court, a state attorney general, an old woman who thinks that the Founding Fathers were still around after the Civil War or anyone else other than Congress.

BS Wildcats was 100% correct. It wasn’t an old Republican lawmaker who has the First Amendment constitutional right to free speech and also the First Amendment right to redress the government for grievances. It was the 100% Democratic Supreme Court of Colorado who could not understand a single sentence and in particular a single word, “Congress”. 

18 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Is the failure (as noted by BS Wildcats) the person who has the constitutional right to complain or the legal body that issues a ruling that clearly is unconstitutional?

In this case we have a 91 year old former Republican lawmaker who was butt hurt over January 6 and made the sole determination that it was unconstitutional for Trump to be on the ballot. Like you, she was likely blinded by her anyone but Trump hatred but that is a protected right.

This supposedly famed Colorado (first woman state leader) Republican in the article that you posted said that the Founding Fathers contemplated a candidate like Trump. She knew he was ineligible to run again. (quoted from the article)  “She knew!!!”

The Founding Fathers?? 

This doddering old fool has apparently lost enough of her marbles that she forgot that the Fourteenth Amendment came out after the Civil War as a response to civil rights for Blacks almost 100 years after independence was declared and the Founding Fathers have long since left the Earth. With this brilliant insight into the Constitution and history, she solely made the determination that Trump was ineligible. Utterly brilliant!!

Of course she still has enough beans rattling around in her brain to know that her absolute knowledge of the Constitution had to be upheld by the Colorado Supreme Court.

So who is the on the Colorado Supreme Court and how are they selected? 

A Colorado Supreme Court justice is selected by the governor of Colorado. So the only way to be appointed as a Colorado Supreme Court justice, the sitting governor has to make the appointment. They each later face a 10 year term for reelection by the public in a general election. 

All current Colorado Supreme Court justices were appointed by Democrats. Some? A majority perhaps? Nope, the entire Colorado Supreme Court was appointed by a Democrat governor. 

So again, who owns the failure? A person who complains like this old biddy that deemed herself as a constitutional scholar and out to (again from the article) save the Democracy or the duly constituted body who by law is supposed to make decision based on the US Constitution?

Sorry but this falls squarely on the constitutional body who was selected by the Democratic governors. A body who a unanimous US Supreme Court slapped down because they collectively couldn’t understand this section from the Fourteenth Amendment:

Section 5.

Again, it doesn’t say a state legislature, a state Supreme Court, a state attorney general, an old woman who thinks that the Founding Fathers were still around after the Civil War or anyone else other than Congress.

BS Wildcats was 100% correct. It wasn’t an old Republican lawmaker who has the First Amendment constitutional right to free speech and also the First Amendment right to redress the government for grievances. It was the 100% Democratic Supreme Court of Colorado who could not understand a single sentence and in particular a single word, “Congress”. 

Wow, TVC, it appears you haven't lost your edge after all. 🙂

59 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Wow, TVC, it appears you haven't lost your edge after all. 🙂

I learned long ago you have to bring your facts if you want to debate TVC.  Cardinalbacker (who I believe once stated he was not going to post in this section of the forum anymore) has not learned this valuable lesson. 

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah…. It was republicans. 

It makes sense because the suit was to keep Trump out of the primary. 

It just goes to show you that Trump Derangement Syndrome can be found anywhere!  Also, this lady just shot a hole through the popular saying that "wisdom comes with age."  Plus, I am sure she is from the McCain, Romney and Bush wing of the Republican party!  Bless her heart!  

Man, after this excellent ruling, the commie libs have gone ballistic with mental illness.  Even to the point of saying that all 9 Justices are MAGA.  Even the 3 commies on the court!  Now the Dems are saying they'll try and push legislation to keep Trump off ballots.  Real democratic, right?!  Man -- I haven't seen the Democrats this mad since we took their slaves away!!  LOL!!

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Man, after this excellent ruling, the commie libs have gone ballistic with mental illness.  Even to the point of saying that all 9 Justices are MAGA.  Even the 3 commies on the court!  Now the Dems are saying they'll try and push legislation to keep Trump off ballots.  Real democratic, right?!  Man -- I haven't seen the Democrats this mad since we took their slaves away!!  LOL!!

You do know, according to big girl, that the parties decided one day to flip flop.  So the R ‘s became the D’s, and vice versa.  In her mind, Lincoln was actually a Democrat, so she can claim that the D’s ended slavery, not Republicans.  

8 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

I learned long ago you have to bring your facts if you want to debate TVC.  Cardinalbacker (who I believe once stated he was not going to post in this section of the forum anymore) has not learned this valuable lesson. 

Actually, what I said was something along the lines of “I still like coming on here and checking scores, so I’m not trying to get banned. But rest assured, I’ll be back to take victory lap in November when trump is not elected.” Or something to that effect. 

Lucky for y’all, I got bored. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Actually, what I said was something along the lines of “I still like coming on here and checking scores, so I’m not trying to get banned. But rest assured, I’ll be back to take victory lap in November when trump is not elected.” Or something to that effect. 

Lucky for y’all, I got bored. 

A victory lap if biden is elected.

Spoken like a true conservative, lol.

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

A victory lap if biden is elected.

Spoken like a true conservative, lol.

Trump vs. Hillary……he voted for Trump

Trump vs. Biden….. he voted for Trump

Trump vs. Biden….. Duh. 

On 3/5/2024 at 4:49 PM, BS Wildcats said:

You do know, according to big girl, that the parties decided one day to flip flop.  So the R ‘s became the D’s, and vice versa.  In her mind, Lincoln was actually a Democrat, so she can claim that the D’s ended slavery, not Republicans.  

Did you sleep through your history cIasses? I learned this  in the 5th grade

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Did you sleep through your history cIasses? I learned this  in the 5th grade

Does not change the fact that Democrats created the KKK and Lincoln, who freed the slaves, was a Republican.  Democrats are the experts on trying to rewrite history.