President Trump's VP Pick!

Reagan

Mostly presidents choose who might swing a few votes.

The Veep isn’t likely to lose votes but could potentially swing a close state.

Presidential nominees aren’t exactly known for choosing a front runner or what the talking heads feel is a “likely” pick.

It’s like Nixon choosing Gerald Ford (although in the middle of a presidency and not a primary), Ford choosing Dan Quayle, Mondale choosing Geraldine Ferraro, etc.

Certainly there are outliers such as Ronald Reagan, choosing George Bush.

So the biggest question will be, will Trump choose one of the claimed front runners such as Ramaswamy, Gabbard, Noem or Scott or will he go outside like with Pence?

The odds seem to be in favor of a person who isn’t typically mentioned in the usual conversations.

From a purely voting standpoint, it seems like Tulsi Gabbard  would be the most likely choice or the choice most likely to swing any votes from the undecided or claimed swing voters 

In her favor for things that some people feel are important are:

1. Female and Pacific Islander. 

2. Current member of the National Guard and with deployments overseas during the Iraq War and later in Kuwait. As a combat medic she earned a Combat Medic Badge which I believe is given by the Army for medics who have actually treated wounded soldiers while engaged with an enemy.

3. Like Ronald Reagan, she was a former Democrat, who realized the folly of that party.

4. She is very young and can get away from the old person stereotype that currently seems to be running politics. 

I don’t know that any of the other candidates can bring as much to the table that might entice a swing voter. I have seen people for example, push for Ramaswamy, saying that he is a rich businessman and outspoken, much like Trump. I like the guy however is he going to swing a middle of the road independent? If one of those people likes a person such as Trump, why not just vote for Trump?

But I think Trump is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat …….

I'll still say the best option he could go with for a purely vote-getting standpoint is Nikki Haley.  The amount of angry responses I get from Trump supporters any time I bring that up is the exact reason she'd be the perfect running mate.  He won't do it, though.  He wants a puppet.  

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I'll still say the best option he could go with for a purely vote-getting standpoint is Nikki Haley.  The amount of angry responses I get from Trump supporters any time I bring that up is the exact reason she'd be the perfect running mate.  He won't do it, though.  He wants a puppet.  

A puppet for what? The veep has virtually no constitutional authority.

We could say that every cabinet member is a  puppet because the cabinet member has actual authority to do the bidding of the president in their particular field.

13 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

We could say that every cabinet member is a  puppet because the cabinet member has actual authority to do the bidding of the president in their particular field.

Ok, a cheerleader, someone who will go along with everything he says, who would never dare say anything bad about him, never question what he does, no matter how outlandish, inappropriate, or illegal.  Look at how he's gone out of his way to try and torpedo countless politicians who spoke out against him.  He's often petulant, like a little kid who got told "no."  Trying to ruin political careers several levels below him simply out of spite is insane, but he's done it repeatedly.  I'll be shocked if his choice is someone who he thinks will get him extra votes instead of someone who'll stoke his ego.  Hopefully I'm wrong.  

37 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

That's not true... the VP is who decides the next President.   Pence is a traitor, remember?  If Trump hadn't muffed on that pick for VP, he'd still be the President.  

27 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Ok, a cheerleader, someone who will go along with everything he says, who would never dare say anything bad about him, never question what he does, no matter how outlandish, inappropriate, or illegal.  Look at how he's gone out of his way to try and torpedo countless politicians who spoke out against him.  He's often petulant, like a little kid who got told "no."  Trying to ruin political careers several levels below him simply out of spite is insane, but he's done it repeatedly.  I'll be shocked if his choice is someone who he thinks will get him extra votes instead of someone who'll stoke his ego.  Hopefully I'm wrong.  

I've got my money on Trump/Lake 2024.  

It doesn't matter who Trump picks, he's going to burn them at the stake before it's all over with... just ask any former cabinet member, etc... Trump's VP is facing career suicide.  Not from Trump's enemies but from Trump himself.  

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I've got my money on Trump/Lake 2024.  

It doesn't matter who Trump picks, he's going to burn them at the stake before it's all over with... just ask any former cabinet member, etc... Trump's VP is facing career suicide.  Not from Trump's enemies but from Trump himself.  

I hope it's not her.  She's as close to a Trump clone as it gets, and almost as unlikeable.  She isn't swinging ANY votes.  

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Seriously, which president would pick a running mate in order to have someone play devil’s advocate?

It was not the vp but look at the Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama presidential primary. That was a very lively primary to say the least with accusations going both ways. So who does he pick for Secretary of State (The most powerful position outside the president)? Hillary Clinton. Does she even do what she claimed that she would do or did she follow the directions of the president?

Which presidential candidate would ever pick a vp running mate thinking, this person is going public and criticizing things that I do or will not follow the party as I dictate?

I will make it easy ….. none. 

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I hope it's not her.  She's as close to a Trump clone as it gets, and almost as unlikeable.  She isn't swinging ANY votes.  

That is what I was referring to with Gabbard.

It should not be a person that anyone thinks can truly be the next president if needed but the person who can win the election.

It doesn’t always work that way as the candidates or their handlers don’t always seem to be the politically most intelligent. I think it’s because most of them do not live inside the real world.

Like Ramaswamy, Lake would be a Trump clone except a female. I am not against that, but what was she bring to the table other than her sex? Nothing except a long shot at winning AZ.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

I’ll say her again…..Kristi Noem. She’s female, knowledgable, loves this country, and fights woke politics. I do like Lake but think she would serve better in the Senate.

The “love of country” won’t sway any votes. 

Her best feature is it for a middle-age woman, she is extremely attractive. She might be very likable to masculine type guys but most of them will be voting for Trump anyway so……

I am not against her in the least. Noem would probably be seen as very likable, maybe more than most people. She might be very popular in her home state of South Dakota, and that might even translate somewhat into North Dakota but both of those went Republican in 2020.

16 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Doesn't really matter, does it?

No way he can win, right?

It's a toss-up IMO, which is crazy considering how poorly Biden has done, and his cognitive state.  Republicans insisting on running the only candidate that has a chance of losing against him is also crazy, but here we are.  

6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's a toss-up IMO, which is crazy considering how poorly Biden has done, and his cognitive state.  Republicans insisting on running the only candidate that has a chance of losing against him is also crazy, but here we are.  

Agree, that's what is crazy to me as well.  I know you aren't a fan of the guy and I'm not either, don't like his crude tactics that unnecessarily push folks away but I think he was a good President, policy wise.  When it comes down to him or Biden, it's a no-brainer IMO who would be better for the country, but there are a lot of folks who won't see it that way.

So like you say, here we are.

Does anyone think Kamala swayed any votes? I mean her only requirements were a black female…. Nothing else. Biden supposedly won. 

If we are trying to show a strong Republican Party, I think Noem fits that mold pretty well. But what do I know, I’m a MAGA turd. 

I find it funny that people will let the vp determine their vote.  Especially if said person is influenced by sex and or race.  To me that’s a sign maybe you shouldn’t vote cause your definitely a low info voter. But when you raise lazy uncaring unintelligent undisciplined individuals this is what we get… along with a system that feeds and encourages such ways.

Very pathetic that that is the game we have to play for such a critical role in the leader of this Great country.

The heck with policies “he picked a female vp and since I’m a female I ll vote for him” or he/she is black I’m voting for him”.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

And this goes for Rs,Ds,I s/Ms

Is there any REAL adults out there

54 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree, that's what is crazy to me as well.  I know you aren't a fan of the guy and I'm not either, don't like his crude tactics that unnecessarily push folks away but I think he was a good President, policy wise.  When it comes down to him or Biden, it's a no-brainer IMO who would be better for the country, but there are a lot of folks who won't see it that way.

So like you say, here we are.

Exactly 

people and their feelings…..

I heard a commentary a couple of days ago suggesting this:  How bad things are going in New York, Trump thinks it might be in play.  There were 9 Republicans that won congressional seats.  The name that came up was Lee Zeldin.  He's a former congressman and gubernatorial candidate.  He's also Jewish.  The Jewish vote has been sliding towards Trump ever since JoeBama has been siding with the muslims.  

On 3/4/2024 at 2:16 PM, CardinalBacker said:

That's not true... the VP is who decides the next President.   Pence is a traitor, remember?  If Trump hadn't muffed on that pick for VP, he'd still be the President.  

No, Soros and the Chineese virus engineers installed Biden. 

I know you blame everything in the history of the world on Trump, but sometimes you need to look beyond that knee jerk reflex.