Playoff venues

Just curious on a lot of the schools that host playoff games I’m noticing 5a schools playing in smaller 4a venues like Beaumont United playing in Dayton or when Silsbee played Yates in Dayton now united is playing in East chambers no disrespect at all to thes venues but kountze Jasper and even some 3a venues are being used for bigger Schools playoff games I’m surprised no one plays in Silsbee they have a very nice venue even for football games just curious on everyone’s opinion thanks.

1 minute ago, Mballler#1 said:

Just curious on a lot of the schools that host playoff games I’m noticing 5a schools playing in smaller 4a venues like Beaumont United playing in Dayton or when Silsbee played Yates in Dayton now united is playing in East chambers no disrespect at all to thes venues but kountze Jasper and even some 3a venues are being used for bigger Schools playoff games I’m surprised no one plays in Silsbee they have a very nice venue even for football games just curious on everyone’s opinion thanks.

I think I have covered this before, A school has to be willing to host a playoff game first before the two schools involved can decide to play there.

In regards to Silsbee, it's my understanding the admins/school is not willing to host (work) any playoff games as long as Silsbee has teams still in the playoffs. It is what it is.

The other places you mentioned are good halfway points for the teams that chose to play there. East Chambers might be 3A but that facility is better than most 4A and above in this area.

Ok cool I had a friend asking but I understand about Silsbee gotta be there to support the Tigers lol I just remember Silsbee playing Yates in Dayton and people were asking why play that type of a game in a small venue but if it’s good for the Schools involved then it is what it is a lot of people got turned away from that game I guess it’s not all about the money thanks.

2 hours ago, Mballler#1 said:

I can only speak on BU.  Apparently, the BU coach likes smaller gyms for playoff game.  So the last 2 games, they flipped for the venue and won both times.  So the BU coach picked Dayton and EC, a smaller gym that he likes and feels is an advantage for BU.