HF need s to check their history

3 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Maybe they meant outright champs? 

Did u read the article?

"They came out, and they played," head coach for Hamshire-Fannett boys' hoops Adrien Kenebrew said. "We started going back through the UIL archives for their brackets and we didn't see Hamshire-Fannett winning anything. They went in second, third, and fourth place a couple of times, but they did not win district. That's when we got the idea of saying hey we're going to be the first team in history to bring a district championship back to Hamshire-Fannett. 

I spoke to Coach Kenebrew before the interview, he said by looking at the UiL brackets HF has never in the playoffs 1st as far as the records show. If they were Co-Camps, they must have lost the flip or seeding game. This year is the 1st year that they are out right champs and are going in as the 1st seed. In '99 HF went into the playoff as the 2 seed. And got beat by Kirbyville in the 1st round.  Also he did say district champs not co-champs. He was not trying to take anything away from that '99 team. 

14 minutes ago, Unknown Fan said:

I spoke to Coach Kenebrew before the interview, he said by looking at the UiL brackets HF has never in the playoffs 1st as far as the records show. If they were Co-Camps, they must have lost the flip or seeding game. This year is the 1st year that they are out right champs and are going in as the 1st seed. In '99 HF went into the playoff as the 2 seed. And got beat by Kirbyville in the 1st round.  

the above is true but
Your article never used the phrase “out right champs”

your article is based on 1st district championship in HF History which is false

from the article

“One team here in Southeast Texas is not only doing that, but has made history on the court in the process; Hamshire-Fannett High School boys' basketball earned their first district title in program history.”

58 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Yes along with Elijah Bob(mcneese football), Mitch Jennings, Kris Gilmore(mcneese CC), Donnie Shenk, Michael Riggs

Was Shenk any good?  I teach his daughter.  We talk from time to time, and I never knew he was a basketball guy.  

56 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Was Shenk any good?  I teach his daughter.  We talk from time to time, and I never knew he was a basketball guy.  

Fast and Shifty quick and could get up.  He made his impact on defense.  Stole the ball a lot in full court press and in half court trap.  

his best sport was football. RB. He only played his senior year.