Lamar Baseball 2024

On 2/27/2024 at 5:54 PM, myrecordwashorrible said:

Aggies host Cardinals in a few minutes. 

I’m waiting for your humor post or is that only win Davis can beat weak teams? lol 

Btw, I said Davis is a clown, not the other coaches or any of the players. Just my personal opinion of being around him.

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I’m waiting for your humor post or is that only win Davis can beat weak teams? lol 

Btw, I said Davis is a clown, not the other coaches or any of the players. Just my personal opinion of being around him.

I know your shot was at him. You even practically stated that in a previous post. My apologies for not humoring on your time line.  I'll clown around more as the season progresses, good or bad. 

2 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

I know your shot was at him. You even practically stated that in a previous post. My apologies for not humoring on your time line.  I'll clown around more as the season progresses, good or bad. 

Just was curious why you weren’t tripping over your clown feet to put some circus post up after the beating your golden boy took. Oh well, look forward to more of your satire posts in the future.

I'm a clown now too?  My friends and family would take your side on that one

I'll be posting to all 5 people that follow Lamar baseball on this site as the season progresses.  

The only 2 people I even remotely know associated with the program are from taking classes years ago as Lamar student with Hatten and working a few camps when I was a high school coach.  The other is from having taught one of the players when he attended another university. Never have met the Golden Boy for what it's worth.  

On 3/2/2024 at 4:59 PM, myrecordwashorrible said:

Game 2 of the 3 game set in a few.  BTW, outfield wall has been upgraded. All padded with black and the upper teir now has uniform signage with white writing on a black background. Will try to move around the stadium and see if there are any other improvements. 

Hoping southland will host conference ship at Lamar one day 

On 3/4/2024 at 2:18 PM, navydawg31 said:

Hoping southland will host conference ship at Lamar one day 

McNeese made a deal with SLC when they thought about going WAC with others, but stayed SLC. SLC rewarded them with a bunch of years hosting the SLC tournament. Not sure when that deal is up.

This is the hidden content, please

40 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

McNeese made a deal with SLC when they thought about going WAC with others, but stayed SLC. SLC rewarded them with a bunch of years hosting the SLC tournament. Not sure when that deal is up.

New deal.  McNeese has secured the basketball for longer through '29. Southeastern will now host baseball for '24. Think the bid process for baseball is presently on a year by year basis. 

Personally love the SELA stadium and the fans are quite supportive. Would love a return to Lamar or even HCU (if they could secure the Sugarland facility).

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Yeah I remember that deal… Im still curious if McNeese went to the wac if Lamar would have stayed tho…had this convo with same fans in the stands last year

23 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

New deal.  McNeese has secured the basketball for longer through '29. Southeastern will now host baseball for '24. Think the bid process for baseball is presently on a year by year basis. 

Personally love the SELA stadium and the fans are quite supportive. Would love a return to Lamar or even HCU (if they could secure the Sugarland facility).

Watched the LSU/SELA game the other night and it appeared the lighting around home plate and other areas was horrible. Never been there though.

21 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Yeah I remember that deal… Im still curious if McNeese went to the wac if Lamar would have stayed tho…had this convo with same fans in the stands last year

I think Lamar in SLC is best spot for them honestly for all sports. Now, baseball, I would’ve loved to see them in the American or Sunbelt, but ….

14 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

If only Lamar would have stayed in sunbelt in the 90s… I wonder where they would be now.

That is a great baseball conference. 

When Lamar left (if I read timeliness correctly) the conference did not have football for another few years.  Very interesting to see some of the schools not only in it presently, but also former members.  The list includes UCF. 

1 hour ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

That is a great baseball conference. 

When Lamar left (if I read timeliness correctly) the conference did not have football for another few years.  Very interesting to see some of the schools not only in it presently, but also former members.  The list includes UCF. 

Correct they didn’t get football until 2001… Lamar left in 98 but if Lamar had stayed the course I’m sure they would have started football back up in 2001 and be a mid major program right now… it would just be interesting to have seen that’s all. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Correct they didn’t get football until 2001… Lamar left in 98 but if Lamar had stayed the course I’m sure they would have started football back up in 2001 and be a mid major program right now… it would just be interesting to have seen that’s all. 

It would have been nice had that all worked out in that manner. 

14 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

It would have been nice had that all worked out in that manner. 

they could never make up their mind what kind of sports they wanted to emphasize after the great basketball teams of the early 80s. after having a 25-4 record and losing only two games to La Tech and 2 one point road games there was no NCAA bid. That was when Pat Foster called the NCAA selection committee "white-collar criminals". At that time they explored being independent or joining another type of conference.

baseball also suffered greatly with the departure of Jim Gilligan in the late 80s. He returned to restore some of the luster in the early 90s.