Guest La Vega Undefeated

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow you must not visit much??

A time or two... EC is 0-6 vs Mart? ::)

My point is that football is 'king' all over the state and the central Texas area has lots of tradition, with the records to prove it. Not knocking on what y'all got goin on down there...so keep the panties from waddin'...

:D THE WOS DEFENSE LOOKS WEAK ON FILM

This is really sad for those LaVega kids, you have to feel for them--- The ignorance of this guy is really gonna get a few of those poor kids SMASHED come Friday  :'(... Dude unless you're on the field to take some of the pain and punishment thats coming Friday night I would suggest you cut your Vega kids some slack!!!

STANG4 LIFER,   you r funnnny -no one new  for sure brock would not play.  AND BY THE WAY WE ARE 1-0 AGAINST   YOUR  mighty mustangs. :o PUT  THAT IN YOUR STATS

Arent you all like 5-5 this year???? Now thats a record to be proud of!  Count your blessings you havent faced us this year, we would've spanked your little a$$ and sent you home...

Arent you all like 5-5 this year???? Now thats a record to be proud of!  Count your blessings you havent faced us this year, we would've spanked your little a$$ and sent you home...

We still potentially could face Wimberley.... the only one of 4 losses to 3A teams that hasn't been avenged      8)

Isn't a shame that two such "highly rated schools" don't even have their own web site to play on....they are like two little kids in the kiddy pool not realizing that they are about to get into the deep water of SETXsports football.. Now make sure you guys have your ducky rings on so you can float your way back home....man young kids, you just got to love em. ;D

I did my homework on Stark/Vega, it actually proved difficult to find info on La Vega because they were virtually ignored by mainstream high school football websites - that should tell you something right there. I ended up having to get an online subscription to the Waco newspaper just to find any info on La Vega. To say that La Vega is an obscure team is an understatement.

Well, on paper La Vega looks impressive, but in reality their big numbers came at the expense of other schools just as, if not more than, obscure like La Vega.

Here goes...

Waco La Vega

pf 495

pf avg 41.25

pa 122

pa avg 10.16

West Orange-Stark

pf 428

pf avg 35.66

pa 166

pa avg 9.66

41.25 + 9.66 = 50.91 / 2 = 25.45

10.16 + 35.66 = 45.82 / 2 = 22.91

Waco La Vega 25.45

West Orange-Stark 22.91

So, on paper Vega is a clear winner over Stark. But, there is that other little thing to consider... REALITY. I mean, come on, we're talking about West Orange-Stark, a 4-A school trapped in a 3-A body.

La Vega will probably give Stark a good run for their money, but in the end it will be the pony express playing next week while the Pirates are playing basketball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Fly-out to RF ends the inning.  3 outs for a trip to the regional finals/state quarterfinals.     Chester up 11-8.  Brookeland coming to the plate with 2-3-4.
    • Nicholls as you all likely know must lose to McNeese tomorrow for Lamar to be the out right conference champion. That is what most of us want to see.   With that said here's an odd scenario that could happen. There are 3 games left in conference play as Northwestern is playing out of conference and 2 of the 4 series are complete.  The aforementioned Nicholls vs McNeese and 2 games in the UIW and HCU series are left to play. If Nicholls wins and UIW spilts with HCU there will be a 4 way tie for 5th. McNeese, Southeastern. Corpus, and UIW would all sit at 10-14.  No idea on the conference tie breaker for tournament seeds. Truly wish the conference had a better website that already stated this as well as the tiebreaker scenario.  It has been one fun season and see you all in Hammond Wednesday. Well, some of you. Go Cards!! Uncle Spidey...you da man!!!  Snakehead, thanks for the updates.  Everyone else, have a great summer and enjoy what's left of the college baseball season. 
    • K for Chester to lead off.  Great diving catch in CF by Coulter for Brookeland for out 2.
    • Getting heated with the coaches for Brookeland and the umps.  I’m not quite sure what is going on.  Brookeland coaches contending the fans are cheering too loud.  
    • Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?
  • Topics