Fave Boxer

Wildfire

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest baseball25

calzaghe fought nobodys lol......He fought bhop and jones way past there primes and when they were 40.....what other guy has he beat on his resume thats a Hall of Famer........needs to fight dawson,taylor,pavlik,and arthur abraham then I might give him his due...he turn down glenn johnson 3  times because he was scared.....

Guest baseball25

Yeah I read it....he just aggervates me lol......he's fought descent fighters thats b level fighters how many A level fighters has he fought????and how many has Bhop and Roy jones fought...Hopkins fought  8 atleast and Roy has fought  atleast 6....Hopkins has fought Pavlik,winky wright,tarver,taylor, and calzaghe all back to back thats impressive....thats what championship fighters do fight the best...Calzaghe has fought a old roy jones and a old BHop,kessler who never fought out of state,and then manfredo lol and sakio bika. but yeah Joe is a great fighter but his resume sucks....he had to fight guys out of there prime to make the resume look good...

Guest baseball25

Lacy was one dimensional...and I can see you don't know your boxing because JOE didn stop lacy he won a decison..whos on lacy resume is a great fighter nobody......lacy had one punch and that was the left hook and thats it.....but why would i listen to you when you don't even know the outcome of the fight lol..Calzaghe said boxing is dying well damn if its dying then go fight young bucks dawson,abraham,pavlik, and taylor  and help the damn sport and stop whining..

Like I said calzaghe never fought a A level fighter thats on his resume he had to build his resume beating 40 yr olds....

Right. you can say lacy was one dimensional now that it's all said and done but at the time of the fight the majority of american boxing media were on the jeff lacy bandwagon.  It's easy to badmouth fighters sitting from the outside. You can talk about how hopkins is old all you want, but after losing to Calzaghe, Hopkins CLEARLY outboxes Kelly Pavlik who was previously unbeaten.  Even today's Hopkins can beat many top fighters. oops ur right in that Calzaghe beat Lacy by decision, but as i recall it was a brutal beating and Calzaghe even dropped Lacy. How are you going to say Calzaghe is ducking Pavlik and taylor when Taylor lost to Pavlik who lost to hops who lost to none other than calzaghe??? Abraham is more one dimensional than Lacy, yet you claim that he was ducked by calzaghe? Chad Dawson wasnt even a big name until recently.  Dawson opted for a rematch with Tarver.  Who really wants to see that? Calzaghe fought the best it's just the division he dominated didn't really have big names.

as far as you calling me out in boxing, I've forgot more than you'll ever know. 

You probably barely know the difference between a left hook and a base hit. Stick with baseball.  ;D

Although I do admire the fact that you're a boxing fan.

Guest baseball25

This is just my opinion...I would have loved to see joe fight atleast 3 more fights...

But it took Joe 10½ years to fight in the US and 44 fights Calzaghe got beat up, his nose was bust and Hopkins was unmarked. Come on, put it in perspective and let's not lose our minds here. He was put on his butt by a 43-year-old and 40-year-old in his last two fights. He climbed up to win and showed true warrior heart as he's showed all his career  but he's not had a defining fight.. all I am saying is people have different styles..........Taylor will always give bhop a tough tough fight....Pavlik will always beat taylor.....Calz beat bhop by 1 round and many media guys had bhop winning....but taylor and calz would be a great fight....Dawson has been a big name everyone knew he would be great....he already has more impressive wins than calz has on his resume  and he's only fought 27 fights...All i'm saying is Joe is good I know that....but the guy turn down Glen Johnson 3 times lol if you want to be the best you need to fight the best and beat the best...don't fight B level fighters throughout ur career...But everyone knows if joe fought Roy Jones and Bhop in there prime he would have gotten dominated...For sure, there are question marks over the Welshman’s American invasion in 2008. Names like Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones, JR., look great on any record, but even the least jaundiced on-looker would have to admit that both were not just over the hill, but significantly past their best, when Calzaghe finally took them on. Hopkins has of course gone on to beat Kelly Pavlik at the age of 43, spoiling the one fight that Joe might have hung around for, but that contest itself begged several questions around Pavlik’s health and weight which remain unanswered. Hopkins gave Calzaghe all the trouble he could handle, including dropping him in the first round, and some thought Bernard should have been given the decision.

Joe really had no reason to fight in the US.  He was doing fine and making money in europe.  If someone wanted to fight him they could just have easily made the trip to europe.  Roy Jones has never fought outside the United States. 

Glen Johnson can make anyone look ugly and joe probably felt he could make better paydays with less risks.  Like it or not thats boxing it's risk vs reward.  Calzaghe spent his career at super-middle and only recently moved up to light heavy.  you make it sound like chad dawson has been around calling joe out forever.  Also I don't think Taylor-Calzaghe would be very competitive.  Taylor wouldn't have what it takes down the stretch.

While I agree that would be a great fight with Dawson, Joe really has nothing left to prove.  Dawson has better wins than joe already? are you serious or just biased? Dawson has potential to be great I'll give him that.   But who is his best name? An old tarver? He was also set to fight tarver again(why????!!!!) but i recently heard dawson suffered a fractured hand in training.

It's just like mayweather. or lennox lewis making a comeback  Who wouldn't love to see mayweather him fight Pac if he beats Hatton?  Or fight Margarito or Cotto if they hadn't have just lost.

But Mayweather really doesn't have anything left to prove.  Nor does JOE. 

Guest baseball25

I wanna see mosley vs mayweather or pacman vs mosley.......Dawson has beat...Glen Johnson,Tomasz Adamek, and tarver.... Adamek which is the cruiserweight champion and number 1 in the world...glenn johnson number 3 lightheavyweight in the world....and tarver is the number 5 lighthvy in the world.....Dawson has 3 good names and has beat 3 HOF fighters and what hof has joe beat??oh i forgot 40 yr old fighters lol.....and dawson is only 27 and hes fighting A level fighters...Calzaghe has 44 yr old hopkins and 40 yr roy jones to make his resume good lol i mean come on....Like I said hopkins fought these young guys because he wanted to fight the best..he didnt have to fight taylor,winky, or pavlik.....How much better would joes resume look if he had dawson,taylor,pavlik,abraham, on his resume...everyone knows those names...people only know lacy,jones jr, and bhop.....

If Dawson was to rematch anyone it should be Glen Johnson as it was more competitive than the Tarver fight.  Adamek  is a strong tough fighter, and dawson did box his ears off. Adamek's skills are limited though. but HOF?? none of those 3 you mentioned are HOF fighters.  Tarver is the closest one but he was old and past it.  The same reason you criticize joe for beating jones and bhop can be applied to dawson. 

Just a few calzaghe notable names are bhop jones, lacy, kessler, manfredo, bika, omar sheika, and robin reid, and chris eubank.

Dawson doesn't compare to calzaghe yet but in time he certainly may.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder